Preview of Neverwinter From Cryptic and PWE

Cobble wrote:

Where is the teamspeak info. I looked all over the grievance forums for a sticky. got nothin.

Check your PM.

Btw, anyone in Grievance, I recommend their TS. It's a lot more active than in the ingame chat channel.

Cobble wrote:

Where is the teamspeak info. I looked all over the grievance forums for a sticky. got nothin.

http://www.grievanceguild.com/forums...

Login servers were down last night so I spent about 45 minutes in TS with a bunch of them. Good folks. Lot of ex military it seems.

My account name is @Komrad75 Please add away!

karmajay wrote:

[email protected] if anyone wants to add me

I still have @karmajay on my friend's list, I think from Champions. Did you change accounts? I sent a new friend invite to @karmaj.

I dropped an application onto the Grievance site... will jump into TS later tonight to request the actual invite.

So on the advice of a friend, uninstalled game, searched %appdata% and %temp% and deleted every file I could find that was related to cryptic, or Neverwinter, since its the only cryptic game I have. Emptied out trash can and rebooted pc. Now trying to download/install again.

plavonica wrote:

OK, I got the game running and I have a character on the Dragon shard. Make a wild guess as to what his name is. :D

Bob?

I;m playing on the Dragon shard. My account name is rooneyfan2012, my character name is rooney shadow...something. I would love to group up. I am only lvl 5 Thief/Rouge. Having fun. Is any one using Vent for this?

I get "invalid username" no matter what I try to use while trying to create an account. Is this a known thing?

Edit: Solution was to turn off adblock. O_o

Rainsmercy wrote:
plavonica wrote:

OK, I got the game running and I have a character on the Dragon shard. Make a wild guess as to what his name is. :D

Bob?

[quote=Rainsmercy]

plavonica wrote:

OK, I got the game running and I have a character on the Dragon shard. Make a wild guess as to what his name is. :D

Damn, beat me to it.

plavonica wrote:

Oh snap, you have to use some strange name/user combo for this game. Well mine is [email protected] on Dragon shard.

Sent you a friend request, doesnt look like me though. I am [email protected]. I should reroll a cobble...lol

There is something about this game that I really really like. I can't quite put my finger on it but it really took me by surprise.

So the one night I decide to take off of gaming the servers go down? I feel it was all my fault and I'm sorry

Impromptu invite out last night. Couple beers and some live music, then on the way home stopped to get frozen yogurt. Weird combo but it worked. Once I got home I sat down on the couch to take off my shoes and realized I was too tired to game

Javamancer wrote:
karmajay wrote:

[email protected] if anyone wants to add me

I still have @karmajay on my friend's list, I think from Champions. Did you change accounts? I sent a new friend invite to @karmaj.

I think it had to do with the whole combining accounts thing in the past.

I'm not out of the tutorial yet and I love it.

Read somewhere that they will merge all server after a time like they did in StarTrek.

I know goodjers did join a guild, but is there a channel Inside that game that we can discuss?

I don't know if I'll play long enough to join a guild tho. Guild Wars seems to answer my need for mmo, and throwing another in the mix, with such low time for gaming.. ouch!

Manach wrote:

I'm not out of the tutorial yet and I love it.

Read somewhere that they will merge all server after a time like they did in StarTrek.

I know goodjers did join a guild, but is there a channel Inside that game that we can discuss?

I don't know if I'll play long enough to join a guild tho. Guild Wars seems to answer my need for mmo, and throwing another in the mix, with such low time for gaming.. ouch!

You can join the GWJ chat channel by typing something along the lines of /channeljoin GWJ. I do wish Neverwinter let you be in multiple guilds like GW2 does, because I'd be happy in a GWJ guild, but wouldn't want people to have to leave Grievance to be in it.

I'm level 9, it is nice.

Is this game fall under the holy trinity of dungeoning? Tank/healer/dps ?

I would have love to have more healer/tank choice tho.

Ok, tried it out and so far am digging it. Still working my way through the tutorial but I can see myself getting into this game. Of course I rolled a cleric named Docjoe....

Is anyone having trouble with the gateway web portal, or is there a minimum level to use it? I have tried it from chrome on my laptop and from my phone (galaxy S3) and in both I can login and get to the character list, but then clicking the character in the list does not do anything. I only have the one character and he is only level 7 or maybe 8

Manach wrote:

I'm level 9, it is nice.

Is this game fall under the holy trinity of dungeoning? Tank/healer/dps ?

I would have love to have more healer/tank choice tho.

Yep, it's based on the holy trinity. More classes are planned, so hopefully there'll be a variety of valid choices for each role, and no absolute best class distribution for dungeons.

Senkrad wrote:

Is anyone having trouble with the gateway web portal, or is there a minimum level to use it? I have tried it from chrome on my laptop and from my phone (galaxy S3) and in both I can login and get to the character list, but then clicking the character in the list does not do anything. I only have the one character and he is only level 7 or maybe 8

The only time I've had a problem is when the game servers have also been having problems. I've only been using Firefox though.

Manach wrote:

I'm level 9, it is nice.

Is this game fall under the holy trinity of dungeoning? Tank/healer/dps ?

I would have love to have more healer/tank choice tho.

I'd say no. Last night we did a dungeon with 2 clerics, 2 rogues, and a control wizard. Not one death (I think it was a level 45 or 46 dungeon)

Senkrad wrote:

Is anyone having trouble with the gateway web portal, or is there a minimum level to use it? I have tried it from chrome on my laptop and from my phone (galaxy S3) and in both I can login and get to the character list, but then clicking the character in the list does not do anything. I only have the one character and he is only level 7 or maybe 8

Level 10 for tradeskills. It might be the same for everything though. The web interface is REALLY weird. Try another browser if possible or see if it fixes itself when you hit 10.

DeThroned wrote:
Manach wrote:

I'm level 9, it is nice.

Is this game fall under the holy trinity of dungeoning? Tank/healer/dps ?

I would have love to have more healer/tank choice tho.

I'd say no. Last night we did a dungeon with 2 clerics, 2 rogues, and a control wizard. Not one death (I think it was a level 45 or 46 dungeon).

I think the holy trinity is an option, but not as required as other MMOs, much like D&D itself. 4th edition D&D has a 4 role setup actually, which is basically the holy trinity with crowd control broken off into its own role, but it's not as rigid as an MMO usually is.

The character design in this is excellent. I think it would be possible for my rogue to look more badass, but I'm not really sure how. Wish you could zoom in a little further for good screenshots.

IMAGE(http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/846952377638235777/4A38E2921EB76A07E6321324A9F508DC0843A249/)

I also love how the rogues will hop from foot to foot when they're in combat mode but standing idle. It's little touches like that that really make this game stand out.

I started a great weapon fighter and I'm just really not enjoying it solo. I'm always out of potions and have actually had to backtrack a couple of times to rest by a fire. The healing encounter power is weak. It does less DPS than my cleric to boot so I'll be deleting that character.

LiquidMantis wrote:

I started a great weapon fighter and I'm just really not enjoying it solo. I'm always out of potions and have actually had to backtrack a couple of times to rest by a fire. The healing encounter power is weak. It does less DPS than my cleric to boot so I'll be deleting that character.

Clerics do seem a bit OP at the moment. I am sure it will balance out.

You'll also get a companion at 16 for free, and you can choose a cleric. I've heard it's a good healer.

Got a cleric to 9 and a guardian at 5. Some questions and observations:

- how do I buy additional character slots? From the login screen it tells me my character isn't high enough level (?). Seriously, they don't want to take people's impulse buy cash for that until later? seems odd.

- What is the level range that characters can group and still contribute/gain exp etc? Are there any restrictions?

- Like LiquidMantis I also started with a GWF and played through the tutorial. Beat the bridge boss, started putzing around, and hated all the potion quaffing. Deleted and made a cleric and was blown away when I beat the bridge boss in litterally about 1/20th the time it took the GWF to beat him. Wow.

- Played my first Foundry quest yesterday, The Hidden Blade one. Wow was that well-crafted. The story wasn't original or anything but just the way it was presented really kind of had a feel of a DM leading you through an old school D&D module or something, especially compared to the "official" quests I've done so far. Pretty cool.

Khoram wrote:

- Played my first Foundry quest yesterday, The Hidden Blade one. Wow was that well-crafted. The story wasn't original or anything but just the way it was presented really kind of had a feel of a DM leading you through an old school D&D module or something, especially compared to the "official" quests I've done so far. Pretty cool.

Yeah, that one was really good. As I've said before, I've been thoroughly impressed with some of the Foundry quests -- both with how how varied the content and locations are, and how well crafted the stories are. The best chance this game has for staying power is through the Foundry.

I've been wondering the last few days if I'd still be playing Champions Online if it had Foundry content, and I'm leaning towards yes. At the very least, I would've played it far longer than the few months I did play it.

I just tried this out this weekend as I had been paying it zero attention until now. I was really impressed with the presentation and played both a mage and guardian to level 8 or so. At least early on it feels like this will be a great game to jump into to play a quest or two but I don't know if I can see myself sitting down for a day-long session of MMO debauchery. The skill system seemed a bit thin and it definitely played more like an action rpg, which I'm fine with. My six year old son wants to play this with me and I actually think he'd be able to do fairly well at it since he's already been playing some Age of Wushu with me and, as far as combat goes, this actually seems a little easier.

Regarding great weapon fighters, I saw several people in general chat complaining about them last night and other players were assuring them that they came into their own later and at higher levels would easily outdamage clerics and guardians. Take that for what it's worth.

I saw a couple mentions of the Hidden Blade foundry quest being pretty fun. I liked it as well. If anyone is looking for another foundry quest recommendation, I really liked Blood in the Sand: Unchained. If anyone is a fan of the show, they'll recognize some character names.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?143871-UGC-Blood-and-Sand-Unchained