Hero Academy Catch-All

TF2 team looks very interesting and about what I expected: lots of heroes, not much else. I'm guessing there's only one of each Hero and the rest of the deck is Jarate and Respawn spells.

Lothar wrote:
TheCounselor wrote:

I was hoping that meant the Steam version went live, but no dice. Oh well. I'll try to have patience.

Yeah I wish they would tell us a price or anything about it but I am really excited for it.

Probably going to be the same pricing model as the iOS version: F2P with $2 (I think?) for each additional faction.

shoptroll wrote:
Lothar wrote:
TheCounselor wrote:

I was hoping that meant the Steam version went live, but no dice. Oh well. I'll try to have patience.

Yeah I wish they would tell us a price or anything about it but I am really excited for it.

Probably going to be the same pricing model as the iOS version: F2P with $2 (I think?) for each additional faction.

So theoretically, Steam would only be picking up a $2 microtransaction from people with all teams?

I'm guessing it might be a little more than that. I'm ready to be pleasantly surprised, but it would seem like a lot of work, with little return otherwise.

I know I'd be happy to plonk down $5 for the game, even $10 to support the devs, but anymore than that, and I'll be waiting for a sale for my TF2 goodness.

I kind of expect $10, but I don't really have anything to base that on. I have $200 or so sitting in my Steam wallet from a Game Stop trade-in binge during the Steam sale, so I'll pay $10. Any more than that, and I'd probably pass.

m0nk3yboy wrote:

So theoretically, Steam would only be picking up a $2 microtransaction from people with all teams?

That's outweighed by the number of people who don't have iOS devices and haven't played it before. The game has enough word of mouth buzz that it'll get plenty of downloads, and I doubt Robot is done making new teams for the game.

Also, do not underestimate the power of hattes Play the game on Steam and you get faction related cosmetic gear for TF2.

EDIT: Also possible that they might make the TF2 team the free one on Steam and charge $2 for Council...

Store page says Council + TF2. So I'm guessing $2-4 for this.

Since they haven't said a single word on the pricing structure, I wouldn't be surprise if all of you are correct about paying for the game itself. I notice on the Facebook fan page people are already kind of piss that about that possibility. Maybe they are trying to avoid the backlash until the last minute.

Assuming that we are correct, I wonder why they just don't make it F2P, include council with it then price the TF2 team. They are more than likely opening to a new audience, make it easy for them to get into it and buy the rest of teams. Maybe market research told them it would be better to make it cost up front.

At any rate, I'm a huge fan of the game and I'll be more than happy to support this game. My hour per a dollar is really low anyways.

"This Game will unlock in approximately 4 hours".

That puts it at approximately half past midnight on the 9th of August down here.

I'm currently working to deadline. If I'm still 'up' then I'm sooooo getting it.

Crockpot wrote:

At any rate, I'm a huge fan of the game and I'll be more than happy to support this game. My hour per a dollar is really low anyways.

I might lose significantly more matches than I win, but I haven't regretted my time spent with the game. Definitely grabbing it today if only for the TF2 team since I'm not sure if I'd rather be playing this on my desktop than my iPad.

I'm going to be refreshing that Steam page non-stop once that timer is up.

I'm definitely in the losing camp too, but this game just has a certain X factor that keeps me playing. I'd love to set up some more matches with GWJers so by all means challenge n3croyeti to a game!

Excited! I'll be picking it up and sending out a ton of new game invites, feel free to ignore them if you're not interested!

I finished the TF2 Challenges. Some of them are pretty tricky. That team is going to be tough to master.

Odd, the steam launch time shows it delayed to August 9th now.. (13 hours from now?)

Johnvanjim wrote:

Odd, the steam launch time shows it delayed to August 9th now.. (13 hours from now?)

Just popped in to post the same... This was the only thing keeping me going.

Now I'll just have to push through the midnight hour and (hopefully) get this job finished up before I have to wake up (in a few short hours) at 6am tomorrow...

EDIT
Any Mac owners notice this in the system specs. Notice anything missing?

Minimum:
OS:Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7
Hard Drive:350 MB HD space

That better be a typo...

m0nk3yboy wrote:
Johnvanjim wrote:

Odd, the steam launch time shows it delayed to August 9th now.. (13 hours from now?)

Just popped in to post the same... This was the only thing keeping me going.

Now I'll just have to push through the midnight hour and (hopefully) get this job finished up before I have to wake up (in a few short hours) at 6am tomorrow...

EDIT
Any Mac owners notice this in the system specs. Notice anything missing?

Minimum:
OS:Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7
Hard Drive:350 MB HD space

That better be a typo...

PC only. They said that on the Robot Entertainment site.

THE TF2 TEAM WILL ONLY BE
Submitted by SixOkay on Mon, 07/02/2012 - 10:10.
The TF2 team will only be available to those who purchase the PC version through Steam. That means that you will need access to a Steam account to get the PC version of the game and the team with it. 

Emphasis mine. There were multiple threads about it as well. It is Windows Only, which boggles my mind, as an iOS developer, it should have been easier to convert it to Mac only, than PC only.

DAMN IT!

I hate these Steam count downs, they are so unreliable.

I just found this on the facebook:

Hey, Heroes - Just a quick update. We're not going to be launching in 30 mins as originally planned. We're looking into a couple of last minute issues and will keep you updated about the launch as we know more. Thanks for the patience.

I did not know we had such a rabid Hero Academy community. I'm on as 'pyromanfo' and would love some more games to play.

Hey, Heroes - Just a quick update. We're not going to be launching in 30 mins as originally planned. We're looking into a couple of last minute issues and will keep you updated about the launch as we know more. Thanks for the patience.

That would be code for "hey guys, Valve doesn't have our TF2 promo items finished so we're waiting until they patch TF2 tomorrow" :p

Shame there's no Mac version. Really bizarre how averse to Mac Robot is (there's no Mac build for OMD either).

shoptroll wrote:
Hey, Heroes - Just a quick update. We're not going to be launching in 30 mins as originally planned. We're looking into a couple of last minute issues and will keep you updated about the launch as we know more. Thanks for the patience.

That would be code for "hey guys, Valve doesn't have our TF2 promo items finished so we're waiting until they patch TF2 tomorrow" :p

Shame there's no Mac version. Really bizarre how averse to Mac Robot is (there's no Mac build for OMD either).

Guess there won't be any Team Fortress play for me then for a while.

I want it, but I'm in the midst of a BIG deadline for a new client, and I'm not going to risk setting up a Boot Camp installation just for that. I know the risk may be minor, and I have a comprehensive time machine backup from the day the Mac was born, but still...

Sonofabitch.

Try buying it from your web-browser or the mobile app maybe?

Crockpot wrote:
PyromanFO wrote:

I did not know we had such a rabid Hero Academy community. I'm on as 'pyromanfo' and would love some more games to play.

The only reason we are rabid today is the TF2 team is suppose to come out now! Where is it! Grrrr! :)

Well that's why I checked the thread in the first place

PyromanFO wrote:

I did not know we had such a rabid Hero Academy community. I'm on as 'pyromanfo' and would love some more games to play.

The only reason we are rabid today is the TF2 team is suppose to come out now! Where is it!? Grrrr!

shoptroll wrote:

Try buying it from your web-browser or the mobile app maybe?

I'll try, but I might need to 'log in' to the Robot servers on the PC for it to register over to the iOS device.

I initially thought about buying it, but not installing it through the Steam Client (I have a few PC titles waiting in the wings like that) but then the inevitable login to play on the HA servers popped into my head...

There must be a work around, there has to be. I need more ways to lose to you guys

m0nk3yboy wrote:
shoptroll wrote:
Hey, Heroes - Just a quick update. We're not going to be launching in 30 mins as originally planned. We're looking into a couple of last minute issues and will keep you updated about the launch as we know more. Thanks for the patience.

That would be code for "hey guys, Valve doesn't have our TF2 promo items finished so we're waiting until they patch TF2 tomorrow" :p

Shame there's no Mac version. Really bizarre how averse to Mac Robot is (there's no Mac build for OMD either).

Guess there won't be any Team Fortress play for me then for a while.

I want it, but I'm in the midst of a BIG deadline for a new client, and I'm not going to risk setting up a Boot Camp installation just for that. I know the risk may be minor, and I have a comprehensive time machine backup from the day the Mac was born, but still...

Sonofabitch.

I feel your pain. I just climbed out of m crawl space with a 4 year old netbook in hand, and I'm in the process of reloading it. It's default Win XP, just in case the price is right for me to buy.

This just in from the Hero Academy Facebook fan page:

Developers and some press have the TF2 team up and running currently. If you see the team, that's who you're playing against.

Another update:

Sad news, unfortunately - HA on Steam won't be coming today. We need a couple more days to investigate. Will update with new dates asap.

Oh well.

And now Steam is saying August 16th.. *sighs*

I am really dissapointed in the developer in this case, I understand problems happen but they still haven't communicated price and now it's delayed a week which makes me smh.

*Hopes the extra week is for an OSX version*

#hopessoontobedashed

Steam still has the August 16th date on it, but Robot Entertainment released this post on their facebook page:

"Tomorrow's the day! Huge thanks to everyone for your patience! Hero Academy will be on Steam in about 16 hours!"

They posted this about 13 hours ago, so possibly around noon today it should be available. Barring another delay of course..

Soon to be followed by a flurry of game invites..

OK, here's the deal, just let me 'register' the purchase via some magical widget so I can have the TF2 teams on my iOS... PLEASE!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?

I know, I know. Stage 3 of the 7 Stages of Grief, anger and bargaining.