Hero Academy Catch-All

Annnd...I caved and bought Tribe (with the wife's permission ;)) so, if you want, Crockpot, I'll resign, and we can go Tribe...on Tr.... I can't finish that without getting horrid menal images. So, let me know

Both were good games cyrax! Well played

athros wrote:

Both were good games cyrax! Well played :)

Thanks, especially for helping me get the full crystal health achievement last game, hehe. Our current game should be much more interesting. We're both on new teams, and it's the populated map. May the best player win!

athros wrote:

Annnd...I caved and bought Tribe (with the wife's permission ;)) so, if you want, Crockpot, I'll resign, and we can go Tribe...on Tr.... I can't finish that without getting horrid menal images. So, let me know

Ya, sure.

Crockpot wrote:
athros wrote:

Annnd...I caved and bought Tribe (with the wife's permission ;)) so, if you want, Crockpot, I'll resign, and we can go Tribe...on Tr.... I can't finish that without getting horrid menal images. So, let me know

Ya, sure.

Ok. Done. Rematch sent as Tribe!

Boy, that Shaman chain heal/rez(which isn't explained in their bio) sure is useful, huh Crockpot? >_<

cyrax wrote:

Boy, that Shaman chain heal/rez(which isn't explained in their bio) sure is useful, huh Crockpot? >_<

Crockpot? *blinks*

athros wrote:
cyrax wrote:

Boy, that Shaman chain heal/rez(which isn't explained in their bio) sure is useful, huh Crockpot? >_<

Crockpot? *blinks*

Right, it was you. You both are playing Tribe and I just got confused.

Another nice move by you. Is that spin attack a default ability for the Chieftain?

cyrax wrote:
athros wrote:
cyrax wrote:

Boy, that Shaman chain heal/rez(which isn't explained in their bio) sure is useful, huh Crockpot? >_<

Crockpot? *blinks*

Right, it was you. You both are playing Tribe and I just got confused.

Another nice move by you. Is that spin attack a default ability for the Chieftain?

When there is more than one person around him, yes.

The Chieftain also has a charge that can go 4 spaces and hit a target.

Edit: I had the triple rez used on me twice yesterday. Real pain in the ... especially after I did basically what you did.

I guess I was right in my assessment that The Tribe seemed very strong.

Tribe Mechanics:

The Axe Goblin: +100 damage until the target is at, or below, 50% health - 25% for crystals.
The Warrior: Instant KO for units below 50% health - 25% for Crystals
Shaman: Chain heal/rez - will hit up to 3 Tribsman, even if the first 2 are fully healed. Will jump one square per hit.
Witch: Explodes corpses from range for AoE damage
Chieftain: Charge up to 4 squares in a straight line and attack, Whirlwind attack when more than one target is in range

Spike Armor: Reflect 33% of damage back on attacker. Works on AoE Damage so be careful with Grenadiers, Gunners at range, Annihilator, Wizard, Void Monk since it can cause a serious amount of damage

Weapon: Normal

Typhoon: Move units up to 2 squares in a row, works on a whole column.

That sums up the odd mechanics to the tribe.

EDIT:

cyrax wrote:

I guess I was right in my assessment that The Tribe seemed very strong.

I'm not so sure. I managed to, out of the 5 games vs. Tribe with me playing Dwarves, win 2, with one being close, and the other 2 being blown out.

I'm still formulating strategies against with me playing Dwarves. I like the Tribe, but if they get hard stopped, say a knight with Shield, Archer with Weapon behind the knight and a Cleric behind the archer, it should be something that the unrelenting assault might bounce off of.

For Dwarves, that's a pair of Paladins, in a line, both with Helm's and Shields, with an Engineer or 2 for Engineer shields, A grenadier with them for AoE attack power.

If anyone wants to play a total noob... fireslothGWJ !

firesloth wrote:

If anyone wants to play a total noob... fireslothGWJ !

I'll help you through a couple of games if you want Send me a challenge, since first turn has the advantage!

Edit: And what you'd prefer I play. I have all 4 races, so anything goes

Psst, don't play him as Tribe. He gets too many Chieftains. ;P

Send me a game while you're at it too, firesloth!

Not my fault Robot Entertainment is full of Orc..err...Tribesman!

I did forget to mention the makeup of the Tribe deck:

3 Warrior
3 Axe Thrower
3 Witch
3 Shaman
2 Chieftain
3 Runemetal
4 Spike Armor
3 Typhoon
4 Haunch of Meat
Total: 28. 14 unit, 7 upgrade, 7 consumable (As opposed to usual 13/9/6).

Just picked this up and will be sending out some invites this mornin! I'm terrible at rock/paper/scissor style games so feel free to crush me.

Ariskany Evan wrote:

Just picked this up and will be sending out some invites this mornin! I'm terrible at rock/paper/scissor style games so feel free to crush me. :)

Challenge Accepted! if you need/want any help, let me know!

Tribes is really awesome, they might be my 2nd favorite after the Dwarves. Still trying to feel them out better. Seems like aggression is the way to go.

I'm NatusM on the servers, and I don't even want to admit my win/loss percentage.

With Goodjers sending me invites, I'm getting lost in games. Traditionally I would have only play two games for each race so I could keep track of strategy in my head. Now it's just getting hardier! Anybody else have this problem?

Also I wish Robot would let us review used units/powers for both players. It would make things easier.

Crockpot wrote:

With Goodjers sending me invites, I'm getting lost in games. Traditionally I would have only play two games for each race so I could keep track of strategy in my head. Now it's just getting hardier! Anybody else have this problem?

Also I wish Robot would let us review used units/powers for both players. It would make things easier.

I feel that being able to review used units/powers would simply change the game rather than making it easier. I'd worry that if you knew the general counts/probability of what could be coming next from your opponent it would be less suspenseful. It'd turn into a much more deliberate game, because there'd be slightly less chance involved. The payoff from "making a rather ballsy move and having your opponent NOT have the right items/dudes to deploy" would be much less if you could keep track of what they've played.

I'm sure this philosophy means that I'll never warm up to high-level play, but I've always disliked "pure" strategy games (checkers), and am currently loving the chance elements in Hero Academy. I also don't think further ahead than my current turn, so playing lots of game of Hero Academy at once is not a problem for my puny brain.

Fair enough, I see your point. The problem without is people using the chat as a tracker. I dont do it... But I'm really tempted. It hasn't happen often though.

Crockpot wrote:

Fair enough, I see your point. The problem without is people using the chat as a tracker. I dont do it... But I'm really tempted. It hasn't happen often though.

Innnnteresting! Hadn't come across that. I guess if I came across a game where someone was taking it that seriously where they were tracking/counting my moves, I'd automatically assume that they would beat me and not get too "emotionally invested" in playing with that person... maybe use that game as a testing ground for more obtuse strategies.

I kinda like that there's a system to show someone is playing the game in a hardcore way. Makes it easier to gauge your opponent.

Without the iPad tonight at work... I've got Space Marine MP and some philosophy to read, but I'd really rather be playing Hero Academy.

I might be a outlier, I only bump into a handful of them. Everytime it happens I've been tempted to do it... only thing thats been stopping me is that it might annoy people.

Crockpot wrote:

I might be a outlier, I only bump into a handful of them. Everytime it happens I've been tempted to do it... only thing thats been stopping me is that it might annoy people.

I wouldn't worry too much about annoying people. I'd say do it if you feel the impulse and don't mind the extra work. If someone is bothered by it and says something, then you can stop doing it for that specific game.

If anything, feel free to do it in the games against me.

I just added this to my iPad. I'm Aristophan on GameCenter. Anyone want to beat me down? I just have Dwarves for now.

Aristophan wrote:

I just added this to my iPad. I'm Aristophan on GameCenter. Anyone want to beat me down? I just have Dwarves for now.

Aristophan, I tried challenging you, but it said invalid player name.

I am TheCounselor.

I played some games against randoms over the weekend, but I'd love to play some Goodjers.

Natus wrote:
Aristophan wrote:

I just added this to my iPad. I'm Aristophan on GameCenter. Anyone want to beat me down? I just have Dwarves for now.

Aristophan, I tried challenging you, but it said invalid player name.

That seems to a bug. You just have to erase the username, and type it in again. Sometimes it takes 5-10 tries... so stick with it! Also maybe don't capitalize? I didn't for aristophan and it started the game first try.

Yep, officially hate the Tribe. So OP, it's ridiculous. And even by their very nature they're free from opposing strategy or tactics. Think you're actually using strategy to win? Ha! Here's a Tidal Wave, Chieftain, or Shaman to completely f*ck you over. While I'm on the strategy note, it doesn't feel very rewarding to lose a lengthy game because the game decides to give you nothing to work with at the end, or give your opponent an army.

So, to ask nicely, I'd not like to play against the Tribe until a nice good nerf.