Tennessee makes it safe to teach "alternative" science.

Pages

Tennessee teachers are now free to teach science the way God intended, without climate change or evolution.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...
The opening part of that video is terrifying. Way to take us back before the Enlightenment.

Soon we will get to find out what the Tennessee judiciary thinks of the US Constitution.

This makes me sad.

Alternative science is the science of alternators, right?

Right?

Tonight we're gonna party like it's 1929.

Alternative science is the science of me face-palming with one hand, then the other...

Just last year the board of education from where i went to high school here tried to ban "Catcher in the Rye".

This isnt a surprise.

IMAGE(https://controversy.wearscience.com/img450/flatearth.png)

Farscry wrote:

IMAGE(https://controversy.wearscience.com/img450/flatearth.png)

...Fantastic.

Also, to better understand this mindset, go try to debate, or just read, the Flat Earth Society forums. Poe's law, and all. It gives you a crystal clear look at what science is up against.

The Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster to the rescue!

I hope someone has the balls to teach pagan mythology as creationism there.

NathanialG wrote:

I hope someone has the balls to teach pagan mythology as creationism there.

That would be awesome.

"Daddy, we learned how the Titans made the world today and how Zeus was eaten by his daddy."

Another state succumbs, how saddening. Also from that it's not even pretending to be about equal time anymore, but rather full out excluding the science. . . well then.

I think the time has come to wake up Azathoth.

They just will not give up on Scopes. Damn activist judges.

Interesting bit I learned from one of the associated links: You can't hold office in Tennessee if you disbelieve in either God or an afterlife. I get the impression that maybe you can't even be a public employee.

Malor wrote:

They just will not give up on Scopes. Damn activist judges.

Interesting bit I learned from one of the associated links: You can't hold office in Tennessee if you disbelieve in either God or an afterlife. I get the impression that maybe you can't even be a public employee.

Yeah, I heard that too. I don't see how that can be constitutional. Does it have to be the Christian God?

Nevin73 wrote:
NathanialG wrote:

I hope someone has the balls to teach pagan mythology as creationism there.

That would be awesome.

"Daddy, we learned how the Titans made the world today and how Zeus was eaten by his daddy."

Heathen!! We all know the earth is made from the body of Ymir.

Being Christian I think we should be given the option to have a more controversial class that allows us to explore and study all aspects of Science. Just having one or the other forced upon you does no good. I believe having a broad knowledge of everything that is Science, all theories, is the best way to grow.

The Conformist wrote:

Being Christian I think we should be given the option to have a more controversial class that allows us to explore and study all aspects of Science. Just having one or the other forced upon you does no good. I believe having a broad knowledge of everything that is Science, all theories, is the best way to grow.

Sure, as long as it's actually SCIENCE. "Intelligent Design" is not science. It's not even close.

krev82 wrote:

Another state succumbs, how saddening. Also from that it's not even pretending to be about equal time anymore, but rather full out excluding the science. . . well then.

I think the time has come to wake up Azathoth.

Considering what's going on in Tennessee, I think someone has already awoken the blind, dumb god.

Can we just let the South secede, already?

Nevin73 wrote:
NathanialG wrote:

I hope someone has the balls to teach pagan mythology as creationism there.

That would be awesome.

"Daddy, we learned how the Titans made the world today and how Zeus was eaten by his daddy."

Go back to Sunday School, son. Everyone knows Zeus was the one child NOT eaten by daddy. Mommy gave Cronus a rock to eat instead!

MilkmanDanimal wrote:
The Conformist wrote:

Being Christian I think we should be given the option to have a more controversial class that allows us to explore and study all aspects of Science. Just having one or the other forced upon you does no good. I believe having a broad knowledge of everything that is Science, all theories, is the best way to grow.

Sure, as long as it's actually SCIENCE. "Intelligent Design" is not science. It's not even close.

Well that can be a real slippery slope. I personally believe in the science of what makes up "man" the universe, and so forth. But I also believe that God created everything and the world just didn't come from goop, big bang, what have you. It's very hard when you have two different teachings that in the whole are the same, however the source from which they came are different.

I hope they do continue to teach the controversy. There is some dispute that after the death of the gods and the defeat at Ragnorok whether or not two humans will be left to repopulate the earth.

The Conformist wrote:
MilkmanDanimal wrote:
The Conformist wrote:

Being Christian I think we should be given the option to have a more controversial class that allows us to explore and study all aspects of Science. Just having one or the other forced upon you does no good. I believe having a broad knowledge of everything that is Science, all theories, is the best way to grow.

Sure, as long as it's actually SCIENCE. "Intelligent Design" is not science. It's not even close.

Well that can be a real slippery slope. I personally believe in the science of what makes up "man" the universe, and so forth. But I also believe that God created everything and the world just didn't come from goop, big bang, what have you. It's very hard when you have two different teachings that in the whole are the same, however the source from which they came are different.

It's not a slippery slope. Creationism is not science. Science requires evidence, not faith.

The Conformist wrote:
MilkmanDanimal wrote:
The Conformist wrote:

Being Christian I think we should be given the option to have a more controversial class that allows us to explore and study all aspects of Science. Just having one or the other forced upon you does no good. I believe having a broad knowledge of everything that is Science, all theories, is the best way to grow.

Sure, as long as it's actually SCIENCE. "Intelligent Design" is not science. It's not even close.

Well that can be a real slippery slope. I personally believe in the science of what makes up "man" the universe, and so forth. But I also believe that God created everything and the world just didn't come from goop, big bang, what have you. It's very hard when you have two different teachings that in the whole are the same, however the source from which they came are different.

So would you be comfortable with a Hindu teacher who taught evolution and the Vedas as science?

All you heathens need to realize that the universe was blown out of the colon of Farglebob the Cosmic Space Goat, after a bad meal of Space Curry.

TEACH THE CONTROVERSY.

If they want to teach religion to the kids, then by all means, just cop to it and do it. As religion. In a class clearly labeled AS RELIGION. Call it theology or whatever. Maybe they'll actually learn logic from it.

KrazyTacoFO wrote:

It's not a slippery slope. Creationism is not science. Science requires evidence, not faith.

Yeah, again, to clarify: Intelligent design is not an 'alternative' theory to evolution. It's a belief system. Evolution is a process verified by the scientific method, viewable in real-time in a lab. It takes no faith to put stock in the theory of evolution: just eyeballs.

Intelligent design is a bunch of 'what ifs' wrapped up in a bible story.

Michael Zenke wrote:
KrazyTacoFO wrote:

It's not a slippery slope. Creationism is not science. Science requires evidence, not faith.

Yeah, again, to clarify: Intelligent design is not an 'alternative' theory to evolution. It's a belief system. Evolution is a process verified by the scientific method, viewable in real-time in a lab. It takes no faith to put stock in the theory of evolution: just eyeballs.

Intelligent design is a bunch of 'what ifs' wrapped up in a bible story.

STOP OPPRESSING ME AND MY SACRED SPACE CURRY.

KrazyTacoFO wrote:

It's not a slippery slope. Creationism is not science. Science requires evidence, not faith.

But it is, or well it can be to those who both can be one in the same.

NathanialG wrote:

So would you be comfortable with a Hindu teacher who taught evolution and the Vedas as science?

Absolutely! However like with any teachings that have some sort of religious base, as LarryC suggested, have a separate class specifically for it. Everyone is entitled to believe what they wish, after all this is a free country

MilkmanDanimal wrote:

All you heathens need to realize that the universe was blown out of the colon of Farglebob the Cosmic Space Goat, after a bad meal of Space Curry.

TEACH THE CONTROVERSY.

There are many problems with how things are nowadays. Being intolerant for how people live there lives, what they believe, and so forth. It comes from all angles, all religions, all sexes, and all races. I believe that poking fun of someone just because they believe different from yourself is a form of being intolerant. All of us are in the same boat, most of us are just along for a smooth ride.

MilkmanDanimal wrote:
Michael Zenke wrote:
KrazyTacoFO wrote:

It's not a slippery slope. Creationism is not science. Science requires evidence, not faith.

Yeah, again, to clarify: Intelligent design is not an 'alternative' theory to evolution. It's a belief system. Evolution is a process verified by the scientific method, viewable in real-time in a lab. It takes no faith to put stock in the theory of evolution: just eyeballs.

Intelligent design is a bunch of 'what ifs' wrapped up in a bible story.

STOP OPPRESSING ME AND MY SACRED SPACE CURRY.

SHUT YOUR WH*RE MOUTH! Everyone knows that sacred space curry is not a valid scientific theory! Now, Blessed Mountain God Creamed Corn on the other hand...

Pages