Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer Catch-All – Shepards with Jobs

Killstreak 3...I'm not sure I've ever even seen one of those.

RE: The Asari Infiltrator. I haven't had a lot of time to try it in earnest, and I'm not much of a Min-Maxer, but my build is 5/6/6/5/4, with Duration, Recharge and One Power on cloak (because Cpt is quite right--waiting on that timer is a pain), and sacrificing level 6 warp in favor of the level 5 power damage bonus from the class tree. It does play a lot like the standard Asari Adept, and damage-wise, it doesn't do much that the Fury doesn't already. But I really like the utility a long cloak grants. My biggest hurdle is muscle memory--after apparently a few hundred hours with the salarian, my fingers instinctively do Cloak-->Power-->Fire Gun.

So, what I read is that a killstreak is (you or your team) killing 5+ enemies within 1 second. Is that correct?

Yes. Easiest way would be to missile a mob of grunts three times.

Missiling an Atlas or similar in a confined space (like on Giant) works pretty well, too, but I've never seen a Killstreak 3.

On a related note, it's kinda frustrating. I've got only 2 slots for Cobras (which is probably a plus for me, so I don't spam them), but 4 for Ops Survival packs.

Edit: Of course, that's assuming the Atlas has a bunch of grunts nearby it. Same deal with Praetorians.

Patch on 360 is out.

Warning: the patch on 360 seems to have broken the pack system, giving you character cards you have already maxed put.

And start saving your space bucks. I see that the patch has been data mined, and people found the rest of the SP guns as new MP guns as well as (possibly) new co-op modes.

kexx wrote:
holy crap. Now that one is indeed a challenge. I don´t even know if I´ve ever gotten that medal before. Cobra missile much?

Yeah, that's going to be a tough one. Looks like I'll need to level up my Drell Assassin and his flame mine.

Weekend challenge won't be bad as long as you have four working together. Use rockets judiciously at the regular soldiers, and it should work. I'd think Cerberus, they use cover a lot, plus Guardians move slow, giving an easier target for bunches.

Wonder if it's possible to solo this on bronze. You could kinda wait for the perfect opportunity. I've got 4 missiles available per round so I could effectively do it with the possibility of missing 1 of them...

I just managed to get one in Bronze, with pubs. I had the Turian Soldier, and there was a Drell Infiltrator. We both used our mines at large groups of Cannibals, and lo and behold, 3 Killstreaks in one match!

Too bad the challenge hasn't started yet.

Squeegee_Joe wrote:
I just managed to get one in Bronze, with pubs. I had the Turian Soldier, and there was a Drell Infiltrator. We both used our mines at large groups of Cannibals, and lo and behold, 3 Killstreaks in one match!

Too bad the challenge hasn't started yet.

LOL! well, at least now you know it's doable, and not that complicated!

There's heavy rumor of both SP and MP DLC, but I haven't found anything concrete on the ME3 BSN forums. I'm intrigued, to say the least. I think I can open my wallet once again for SP DLC. We'll have to wait and see...

The problem with single player is the fact that every time I load the game up, I click the multiplayer button. As had as I try to press continue, my hand just naturally drifts to the multiplayer button. Before you know it, I'm firing off geth drones or biotic explosions and bringing in the money to buy more packs.

There's definitely another, and I believe they've said last, SP DLC coming at some point. One of the Edmonton writers commented it was "all hands on deck" for the ME writing staff for it.

Nothing official one way or another on MP DLC that I know of, but this patch info makes it sound like not only is another one coming, but that reddit leak may be true.

Yeah, that's what I'm gathering. New game modes, new kits, new weapons. Sounds awesome. Guess we'll see.

I keep hoping for some real missions to do co-op instead of the firefight/horde/survival stuff we have now. Something closer to the single player missions done in MP (lords knows I wish I could have done the final mission with two friends on insanity, that was a bitch and a half).

Rykin wrote:
I keep hoping for some real missions to do co-op instead of the firefight/horde/survival stuff we have now. Something closer to the single player missions done in MP (lords knows I wish I could have done the final mission with two friends on insanity, that was a bitch and a half).

Well, your prayers might be answered. Consensus on the boards seems to be that the datamining revealed that the upcoming DLC will feature new game modes, one of which is said to be co-op SP missions directly tied into it. I'm not sure what to make of that, or if it's true, but they mention something about your renegade/paragon/reputation points factoring in, so I think it might really, really tied to the SP campaign. We'll see, but I think we're in for a treat!

kexx wrote:
Rykin wrote:
I keep hoping for some real missions to do co-op instead of the firefight/horde/survival stuff we have now. Something closer to the single player missions done in MP (lords knows I wish I could have done the final mission with two friends on insanity, that was a bitch and a half).

Well, your prayers might be answered. Consensus on the boards seems to be that the datamining revealed that the upcoming DLC will feature new game modes, one of which is said to be co-op SP missions directly tied into it. I'm not sure what to make of that, or if it's true, but they mention something about your renegade/paragon/reputation points factoring in, so I think it might really, really tied to the SP campaign. We'll see, but I think we're in for a treat!

Link to article:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-02-01-mass-effect-3-reckoning-dlc-leaked-in-new-patch-data

"The day of reckoning is nigh!" the description read. "The Reckoning Multiplayer Expansion brings six new never before seen co-op story missions to the game and new co-op gameplay modes. It provides four new maps to conquer and hazard variations of the Earth maps.

"It also enables reinforcement packs that offer new kits for the salarians, krogans, humans and volus. In-game reinforcement packs now include three new weapons (Chakram Launcher, Blood Pack Punisher and Adas Anti-Synthetic Rifle)."

Co-op story missions? I wonder how that will work. Either way, I'm all over this DLC. Can't wait.

On a separate note, any tips for playing with a Human Vanguard? With an Asari Vanguard I can pretty much just do a Biotic Charge directly into a heavy melee, then charge again. I thought maybe I could use the Human's Lash instead for a heavy AOE, but then I have to wait for the Charge to cool down. Also, the spin-up time for Lash is ridiculously long and usually ends up with me being interrupted and killed. Am I just doing it wrong?

That said, I love the Asari Vanguard. Playing with her has landed me at the top of the ladder in each game rather than near the bottom. The only problem is when I get too reckless and think I can just Charge kill anything, which really just means I'm having fun anyway. Outside of Charge there's no clear choice between her remaining two skills though. Lift grenades seem to work less often than they should, while the other skill (Stasis?) not working on armored opponents seems like a huge disadvantage. I did get a Killstreak with the lift grenades last night though, which was pretty cool.

complex: the thing to remember is that charge can sometimes be more useful as a finishing move than anything else. Also keep in mind that for the Phoenix, smash can also be evolved to add a biotic effect, that can then be detonated by charge. I found this to be more effective since lash tosses an enemy about, which can make it harder to get a bead on them when trying to follow up with charge.

Oh, you mean the Phoenix Vanguard? Couldn't tell you. For stock Human Vanguards, I do Charge and Nova.

On the topic of reckless fun, can I just state that I LOVE my Krogan soldier? I die, but it's typically because I just ran into a group and got swarmed while I was meleeing the crap out of everyone. And I love Rage, too.

Good advice for any Vanguard is to evolve your biotic charge to restore 100% shields and keep your cooldown as fast as possible so you can rely on it for survivability.

Specifically with your Asari, you might want to gear her toward melee damage. Give her a pistol or shotgun with a melee increase on it, but I still wouldn't go 100% melee damage on your skill allocation as she tends to be fragile for a Vanguard. I'd definitely skip the lift grenades entirely and go for Stasis (specced for the Stasis Bubble, which can pin down enemies like Phantoms). It's an invaluable skill, especially in those cases where you aren't free to go charging all over the place (like when you're escorting a drone or defending a hacking objective). I find the lift grenades don't do much of anything other than eat up grenade reloads that teammates might be able to put to better use.

Speaking of grenades, anyone have a good strategy for the weekend challenge yet?

LobsterMobster wrote:
Speaking of grenades, anyone have a good strategy for the weekend challenge yet?

Internets are saying gold difficulty to make sure that there are enough enemies, and spamming your rockets on the higher waves.

Yeah, I think of Biotic Charge as a defensive power whose primary ability is to restore shields. Shoot things and, when your shields are down, charge to get them back. For the Asari, follow LobsterMobster's advice; avoid Lift Grenades, go for Stasis Bubble, and, for your weapon, a pistol with a scope plus either ultralight materials (to keep cooldown at 200%) or, if you've got the available weight capacity, a cranial trauma mode. Basically, stasis, headshot, stasis, headshot, and so forth. Ridiculously effective. Charge when you have to, otherwise, just pop people in the head.

I've got to say I had a good experience with my Turian soldier's prox mine and the drell infiltrator's recon mine. We weren't even trying and got 3 on bronze last night.

Maybe we just got lucky.

Squeegee_Joe wrote:
I've got to say I had a good experience with my Turian soldier's prox mine and the drell infiltrator's recon mine. We weren't even trying and got 3 on bronze last night.

Maybe we just got lucky.

How many people were in your game, and what were you fighting?

I will say that paired with cryo ammo, charge is a blast. You could even say it's...life shattering

IMAGE(http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/17705089/images/1327788136911.jpg)

We had 4 players, fighting Reapers. We were on either Rio, Giant, or Hydra.

I think map selection is going to be important for this, to ensure you get groups clustered in close together.

I never realized that soloing was something that I should be doing. Huh.
I'm afraid for me that would mostly mean dying alone...

barbex wrote:
I never realized that soloing was something that I should be doing. Huh.
I'm afraid for me that would mostly mean dying alone...

Join the club! I'm getting close to being able to survive a whole match solo, on bronze, while I spend most of my time running away. I don't really see too much appeal in soloing, except for achievements. The game mode is called 'multiplayer' for a reason.