Syndicate Catch-All

I would bet on a text size fix, but not the lighting. Too funny.

From what I've heard, it might be a bug with the PC release (and I have no idea how widespread at that). There are some people are complaining of extreme bloom that makes the game hard to play, and doesn't look like the console version.

IMAGE(http://i.imgur.com/8Eu5E.jpg)

I'm playing the 360 version and I think the bloom is pretty bad. Not as egregious as the text being tiny and fuzzy but still bad.

Yeah, definitely haven't seen anything like that O_o

Blind_Evil wrote:

Yeah, definitely haven't seen anything like that O_o

There have been moments like that for me too. It's not been game ruining or anything, but it's there.

Finished the singleplayer today. Other than a couple of frustrating moments where I couldn't quite figure out how to approach something and ended up dying multiple times, I really enjoyed it. It's a very simple shooter, with maybe just a touch more atmosphere than most. I really like the setting.

Played some more co-op with pubbies. It's good times. Eventually played like four maps in a row with the same dudes and we were just rolling everything, right up until we got to one of the later levels and it was rough. We got wiped twice in the end section of one of them because we'd gotten so used to just charging in and blasting our way through. Finally slowed things down our last attempt at it and whittled away at the enemies and managed to finish things off.

Thin_J wrote:
Blind_Evil wrote:

Yeah, definitely haven't seen anything like that O_o

Played some more co-op with pubbies. It's good times. Eventually played like four maps in a row with the same dudes and we were just rolling everything, right up until we got to one of the later levels and it was rough. We got wiped twice in the end section of one of them because we'd gotten so used to just charging in and blasting our way through. Finally slowed things down our last attempt at it and whittled away at the enemies and managed to finish things off.

What level are you guys at with your character/unlocks? And what difficulty level were you playing on in co-op?

Maclintok wrote:

What level are you guys at with your character/unlocks? And what difficulty level were you playing on in co-op?

I hit level 10, one guy in the group was higher, I think 14 when we stopped, and the other two were five and six. We were just playing normal. There's still plenty of tough parts on normal I think until you've got a party of guys that have all leveled up a bit more.

Decided to give EA Origin the benefit of the doubt and purchased Syndicate. Order went through, card was charged, but... never got an e-mail confirmation, order history is empty, and their support is telling me to check my spam filters.... sigh.

FYI, if you're interested in picking up Syndicate on the PC I recommend waiting a couple days. EA Origin is experiencing technical difficulties with their order processing.

EA Origin Support:
I understand the inconvenience you have experienced. I really wish to resolve your issue now but currently our tools through which we retrieve your account details are temporarily down so I would appreciate your patience if you wait for sometime.

This is a temporary issue and our engineers are already aware of this. They are working to resolve this as soon as possible probably with in next few hours you can contact us again. We will be happy to assist you. I understand your frustration over this issue from your end and your time is valuable for us. unfortunately the tools are temporarily down.

Rexneron wrote:

FYI, if you're interested in picking up Syndicate on the PC I recommend waiting a couple days. EA Origin is experiencing technical difficulties with their order processing.

EA Origin Support:
I understand the inconvenience you have experienced. I really wish to resolve your issue now but currently our tools through which we retrieve your account details are temporarily down so I would appreciate your patience if you wait for sometime.

This is a temporary issue and our engineers are already aware of this. They are working to resolve this as soon as possible probably with in next few hours you can contact us again. We will be happy to assist you. I understand your frustration over this issue from your end and your time is valuable for us. unfortunately the tools are temporarily down.

Hopefully you'll get a store credit or something to pay you for the inconvenience.

Grubber788 wrote:
Rexneron wrote:

FYI, if you're interested in picking up Syndicate on the PC I recommend waiting a couple days. EA Origin is experiencing technical difficulties with their order processing.

EA Origin Support:
I understand the inconvenience you have experienced. I really wish to resolve your issue now but currently our tools through which we retrieve your account details are temporarily down so I would appreciate your patience if you wait for sometime.

This is a temporary issue and our engineers are already aware of this. They are working to resolve this as soon as possible probably with in next few hours you can contact us again. We will be happy to assist you. I understand your frustration over this issue from your end and your time is valuable for us. unfortunately the tools are temporarily down.

Hopefully you'll get a store credit or something to pay you for the inconvenience.

On the upside, I'm going to the gym for the next couple hours to vent my frustration. Just cancelled my ME3 CE pre-order as well. Figure I don't need the extra bundled digital crap and I'm not exactly hopeful that they'll handle the ME3 launch smoothly. I'll wait it out.

Rexneron wrote:

EA Origin Support:
I understand the inconvenience you have experienced. I really wish to resolve your issue now but currently our tools through which we retrieve your account details are temporarily down so I would appreciate your patience if you wait for sometime.

This is a temporary issue and our engineers are already aware of this. They are working to resolve this as soon as possible probably with in next few hours you can contact us again. We will be happy to assist you. I understand your frustration over this issue from your end and your time is valuable for us. unfortunately the tools are temporarily down.

Tools.

I've finally done a bit more single player and stayed awake long enough to talk about it. My further-on take: aesthetically, I love this game!

Spoiler:

The battle inside the club on the way to the train platform was my favorite moment so far. I finally got that tense/urgent feeling I got in co-op, and atmospherically, it really felt like what I'd imagine such an environment to look like. Disliking the cultural aesthetic of dance clubs was an added bonus, as it was extra fun to see the place get cleared out and become a scene of carnage. Don't read into that too much.

I'm starting to get a better handle on the mechanics. Really starting to like the backfire breach, and my sense of timing with the DART overlay is improving. What's standing in the way of it all is the control scheme on the 360 - holding down the left stick button to sprint and simultaneously being able to still control movement with it is presently beyond me. Is this one more indication that the single player in this game is meant to be less-engaging than multiplayer by design? I could see it being fine in a map you know well, but memorizing loner campaign missions is what keeps me off most lesser FPS titles to begin with - getting through because I've remembered where everything is takes away from the run-and-gun insanity of it all. From a level design perspective, it's gotta be hell to try and balance craziness against tactical considerations, but much like socks to a child at Christmas, the thought only goes so far.

The other big complaint I've got is the frequent "pause, scripted stuff, fight begins" stuff when running into most new areas. Okay, so that's what happens in this game. I get it. I could deal if only I didn't keep flipping on the DART overlay to get a quick scan of the room, seeing nothing useful, and then going, "Oh yeah, I should've waited!" If you're going to have events like that happen right and left, wouldn't it make more sense to disabled that control temporarily? Hell, I know the dialog's not all that crucial in a game this linear, but hearing instructions from my NPC counterpart get slurred like a bad imitation of backmasking is frustrating when I'm still hitting moments where I'm bouncing around trying to figure out if I'm supposed to go through a door or wait on more baddies to spill into the room. I'm sure with a bit more time, I can avoid the reflex to want to see through walls etc. right away (probably a bad habit carried over from Arkham City), but jeez...if you're going to control the player's experience, control the controls appropriately too.

I know that sounds really bitchy, but I I liked tonight's SP experience better than I did my initial one, and that wasn't all bad. This game feels less like something I should've waited on and more like something that's cool and enjoyable and fun. I can only hope that once I've gotten further along in the campaign, I'll be appropriately acquainted with the controls to start getting better at cooperative missions.

Thin_J wrote:
Maclintok wrote:

What level are you guys at with your character/unlocks? And what difficulty level were you playing on in co-op?

I hit level 10, one guy in the group was higher, I think 14 when we stopped, and the other two were five and six. We were just playing normal. There's still plenty of tough parts on normal I think until you've got a party of guys that have all leveled up a bit more.

Great, thanks. Just trying to get a feel for what kind of legs this game's co-op might have. Looks like even Normal co-op has a fair amount of replay, which is good to see.

I've been going through it on 360 and while there was definitely a stylistic choice to go heavy on the bloom, it definitely isn't as bad as that screen shot. I don't know what they were thinking with the text size though. I have a 42" plasma that I sit about 7-9 feet from and I have to lean in every time there's something I need to read. I can't believe no one thought that might be a problem when the game was being tested. I'm managing so far but I really hope a patch is coming to fix that.

I'm really interested in getting into some co-op this weekend so if you're on Live and want to do some as well, let us party it up.

Grubber788 wrote:
Rexneron wrote:

FYI, if you're interested in picking up Syndicate on the PC I recommend waiting a couple days. EA Origin is experiencing technical difficulties with their order processing.

EA Origin Support:
I understand the inconvenience you have experienced. I really wish to resolve your issue now but currently our tools through which we retrieve your account details are temporarily down so I would appreciate your patience if you wait for sometime.

This is a temporary issue and our engineers are already aware of this. They are working to resolve this as soon as possible probably with in next few hours you can contact us again. We will be happy to assist you. I understand your frustration over this issue from your end and your time is valuable for us. unfortunately the tools are temporarily down.

Hopefully you'll get a store credit or something to pay you for the inconvenience.

EA Origin order processing and support will be down again today.

"Vikash: I would like to inform you that our tool is not working today due to which we are not able to resolve any order relate issue"

Oh they offered me a coupon, but it's not applicable to pre-orders and expires at the end of the month. Garbage.

Wow, that's incredible. If there was a demonstratable reason for why Origin is not ready for prime time, there it is.

Well, I bit the bullet. Co-op does look legitimately fun, and has a good chance of evaporating if I wait for a sale. Plus if you have an Amazon Prime account they've knocked a few dollars off the price, Amazon is also still giving out the pre-order bonus.

Forget about using the only community feature Origin has, the friend's list. Syndicate is yet another game with an entirely separate in-game friend system. And even though you have to launch the game through Origin, you have to log-in to your EA account again in-game.

Played co-op for the first time, I can see myself putting a lot of time into this. Nice and hectic, the shooting feels great, the competition for score is a both present while not derailing teamwork. Dig it.

Just picked this up today and I'd be down for some co-op if anyone's playing on PC.

I'm totally down for playing this on Xbox, but I can't figure out how to join a syndicate. Do you have to be invited? It only lets me create.

If so, send "CornPuff" and invite on Xbox Live and we'll get this going.

From what I gather, the way to invite people to the Syndicate is weird. You have to get them in a lobby, then can invite to the syndicate from there.

We have a spreadsheet for keeping track of logins per platform, I'm sure it will prove useful here as well. I know I've been unable to find a number of people in this thread on Origin.

The temptation was high to get this heading into the weekend but good ol' willpower persisted.

Since we don't seem to have a syndicate on the PC, I went ahead and created one: GWJ Industries.

Because of the way the community feature works, you have to send me an invite before I can invite you to join the syndicate. So send a friend request to RebelBlob in-game (not in Origin), and I will send you a syndicate invite back.

I will be online on 360 with this most of the afternoon and would love to get a 4 player co-op posse going. Feel free to fire me a message if you see me on Live today.

Sent you the request - kingschiebi also in origin/syndicate

Single player campaign down and I had a blast. The story was nothing special but was definitely better than reviews made it out to be. It's also got a gorgeous world and damn can Starbreeze can't do combat like no other. Super visceral and satisfying. It's a shame this is apparently the last game being done on their in-house engine because it's a damn fine one but I guess they got no licencees and can't justify continuing to developer it. Really hoping to get some major co-op in soon.

For Xbox users, become Xbox friends with me or Parallax, then login to Syndicate co-op. That will "register" you as a co-op player and we can choose your name from our friends list in the syndicate menus and then send you an invite to StanliTech. Then you'll be able to send invites too.

With more people in your syndicate you get a bonus to xp gain, even if you're not with your fellows. The bigger the syndicate, the bigger the boost.

Oh yeah, I'm gainscwa on xbla.

kingschiebi wrote:

Sent you the request - kingschiebi also in origin/syndicate

Okay, you are in, and I've sent a syndicate invite to SocialChameleon. Might as well mention, I'll make any recognizable Goodjer a boardmember, which lets you invite people to our syndicate.