Borderlands 2 Catch-All

I'm in!

Serengeti wrote:

I need to get in on a scheduled BL2 game night once this is released. Only MP I did in BL1 was quick drop-ins, and I feel like I missed out on a lot of the MP fun. Anyone interested in setting up a regular 4-person group? I'm thinking Tuesday, Thursday or Sunday evenings (or some combination therein) for a few hours each week using dedicated characters.

I'll be looking for a steady group. Single-player Borderlands is so boring.

This time around Borderlands will be using Steamworks, right? That right there should make it trivial to get a multiplayer game going; I suspect the harder part will be getting to join a game that isn't full.

I'm switching to PC this time, too, so my old crew from 360 won't do me much good. Hopefully getting PC partners will be easy enough around here.

I will likely double dip on this. I love playing games on my TV, but I'll definitely wanna jump on PC now that I have a good one.

Yeah, I might too. PC for the superior experience but 360 for some couch co-op since it seems split screen will be better this time.

Serengeti wrote:

I need to get in on a scheduled BL2 game night once this is released. Only MP I did in BL1 was quick drop-ins, and I feel like I missed out on a lot of the MP fun. Anyone interested in setting up a regular 4-person group? I'm thinking Tuesday, Thursday or Sunday evenings (or some combination therein) for a few hours each week using dedicated characters.

I might be interested. Unlike Diablo III Demyx and I can't play this together so I'll be looking for a co-op group at launch.

On mods and such, running Roland, I <3 Shotguns and Combat Rifles, using both in equal quantity. For mods, I have three that I rotate between; one to regen ammo and use for protracted fights, one for short fight max damage on combat rifles and another to do the same with shotguns. Works quite well IMO.

Wait, this is the BL2 thread? Oh. Well, in that case, I hope I can do the same thing with Axton, because I freaking love the way Roland plays. Also I am really looking forward to Steamworks enabled coop.

shoptroll wrote:
Serengeti wrote:

I need to get in on a scheduled BL2 game night once this is released. Only MP I did in BL1 was quick drop-ins, and I feel like I missed out on a lot of the MP fun. Anyone interested in setting up a regular 4-person group? I'm thinking Tuesday, Thursday or Sunday evenings (or some combination therein) for a few hours each week using dedicated characters.

I might be interested. Unlike Diablo III Demyx and I can't play this together so I'll be looking for a co-op group at launch.

I might be double-dipping on Borderlands 2 thanks to the fact that now you can actually play on-line in split screen on the consoles. This might be something for you two to consider, getting it on the 360 would likely make it easy to get both of you playing together.

Atras wrote:

I might be double-dipping on Borderlands 2 thanks to the fact that now you can actually play on-line in split screen on the consoles. This might be something for you two to consider, getting it on the 360 would likely make it easy to get both of you playing together.

First I'd have to get him to stop trying to throw my 360 out the window. Otherwise this plan is solid!

Atras wrote:

I might be double-dipping on Borderlands 2 thanks to the fact that now you can actually play on-line in split screen on the consoles. This might be something for you two to consider, getting it on the 360 would likely make it easy to get both of you playing together.

She's already getting it on the 360. I was hoping there would be PC->PS3 crossplay like in Portal 2 but that doesn't seem to be likely at this point. And that's good to know

Demyx wrote:

First I'd have to get him to stop trying to throw my 360 out the window.

Only because you keep trying to toss my PC out first.

shoptroll wrote:

I was hoping there would be PC->PS3 crossplay like in Portal 2 but that doesn't seem to be likely at this point. And that's good to know :)

"

Valve can't even pull that off a second time themselves with CS:GO like they originally announced. I think Portal 2 is a special case.

MannishBoy wrote:

Valve can't even pull that off a second time themselves with CS:GO like they originally announced. I think Portal 2 is a special case.

There were studies a while back that proved KB+Mouse players dominated those with controllers, so it makes sense CS:GO wouldn't ship with it. Portal 2 works because it's co-op. Borderlands is like 90% co-op

shoptroll wrote:

She's already getting it on the 360. I was hoping there would be PC->PS3 crossplay like in Portal 2 but that doesn't seem to be likely at this point.

I hear you. I understand why there aren't more PC->360 cross-play games, even though I think it sucks (MS Live being required, and given the amount of headaches GFWL causes, it isn't worth it), I get it. I really don't get why more PS3 games aren't taking any advantage of Steam being on the PS3. I had such high hopes after Portal 2, but it's just been sad: Space Marine, Borderlands 2, Saint's Row 3... anything that uses Steamworks on the PC should be doing this on the PS3. It drives me crazy.

Now I have to decide: do I play on my preferred platform (PC) and ignore my 360 friends, or do I get it on both systems, and encourage the lack of cross-play.

I remember hearing that the number of people who even used the cross-platform play in Shadowrun on PC and 360 was a tiny fraction of the player base so it wasn't really even worth doing in many developers/publishers eyes. I do think it would be nice to have this option more often though. Would be nice in ME3 for instance.

tuffalobuffalo wrote:
Serengeti wrote:

I need to get in on a scheduled BL2 game night once this is released. Only MP I did in BL1 was quick drop-ins, and I feel like I missed out on a lot of the MP fun. Anyone interested in setting up a regular 4-person group? I'm thinking Tuesday, Thursday or Sunday evenings (or some combination therein) for a few hours each week using dedicated characters.

I'll definitely be interested. I plan on doing all the characters and keeping them at different levels so that I can join in with people of different levels more easily. I'll be on all the time, though, so I'll let you guys decide on what night is best.

I believe I've heard that they are scaling characters that join others to the party leader's level thus allowing one character to join anyone at any time throughout the campaign. I certainly hope that this is the case anyway.

shoptroll wrote:
MannishBoy wrote:

Valve can't even pull that off a second time themselves with CS:GO like they originally announced. I think Portal 2 is a special case.

There were studies a while back that proved KB+Mouse players dominated those with controllers, so it makes sense CS:GO wouldn't ship with it. Portal 2 works because it's co-op. Borderlands is like 90% co-op :)

There are also big business things that have to happen that make it work. It also requires versions to stay in sync to a large extent with patches, and that just is hard to work out with Sony or MS without some kind of special deal like Valve got with Portal 2 that probably shortcut certifications to some degree.

I can kind of see it within a single companies various ecosystem (Vita and PS3, Xbox and maybe PC in some cases with the new Windows store), but I doubt we'll see much movement anywhere else any time soon outside of asynchronous stuff.

New vid.

Badass

I'm still not crazy about the look of the gatling rifles. The business part should be directly behind the barrels. By offsetting them like that, it makes it look like the entire rest of the weapon is nothing but an ammo feed.

Hold up, did that car have a barrel trebuchet?!?!?

And yes, Captain, I did notice how those bandits were not on fire.

nel e nel wrote:

Hold up, did that car have a barrel trebuchet?!?!?

And yes, Captain, I did notice how those bandits were not on fire.

That fire trap grenade was pretty spiffy.

Man, I was getting all excited about the release... but I'll be on vacation (anniversary trip) that week.

Welp, it'll just have to wait. Or I'll live vicariously through the rest of you forum goers.

Tyrian wrote:

Man, I was getting all excited about the release... but I'll be on vacation (anniversary trip) that week.

Welp, it'll just have to wait. Or I'll live vicariously through the rest of you forum goers.

Right there with you, except I'm a cheap bastard who opted for FREE Super Saver Shipping

Tyrian wrote:

Man, I was getting all excited about the release... but I'll be on vacation (anniversary trip) that week.

Welp, it'll just have to wait. Or I'll live vicariously through the rest of you forum goers.

It might still be playable the week after it comes out.

I have been wanting to take some vacation time but can't afford to go anywhere IRL so I have decided to go to Pandora. I now have Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday off that week

Rykin wrote:

I have been wanting to take some vacation time but can't afford to go anywhere IRL so I have decided to go to Pandora. I now have Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday off that week :)

I'm doing exactly the same thing.

Too bad we're on different platforms, assuming you'll be on Xbox based on your sig.

Rykin wrote:

I have been wanting to take some vacation time but can't afford to go anywhere IRL so I have decided to go to Pandora. I now have Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday off that week :)

Hehehe... I'm sorta doing the same thing. I'm gonna take Tuesday and Wednesday off.

"Grab your gun, bring your friends, and set some psycho midgets on fire!"

Now that sounds like a fun weekend.

(Holy crap is that a good trailer.)

MeatMan wrote:
Rykin wrote:

I have been wanting to take some vacation time but can't afford to go anywhere IRL so I have decided to go to Pandora. I now have Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday off that week :)

I'm doing exactly the same thing.

Too bad we're on different platforms, assuming you'll be on Xbox based on your sig.

Yup. I am one of the poor souls who play on the lowly home consoles.