Borderlands 2 Catch-All

There was a thing when it released that got fixed.

When it released, the number of Golden Keys you had was in a nice, easily editable txt file, so you essentially have infinite Golden Keys. Gearbox has since cleaned that up so that it's not quite so easily to just open the thing. 200+ Golden Keys is essentially infinite, since the utility of the chest goes down once you have enough gear (generally just a few openings). I have to think that Gearbox will eventually patch the game to just allow you to open it any time. It's not like it spits out unique gear. It just makes the game a little bit easier for those who want the option.

Just bought this yesterday on my PS3 thanks to the PS Store's E3 sale. Started with a Gunzerker and did the first little bit with Clap Trap. Good Stuff!

Might be dipping into online coop soon. Should get the dlc season pass as soon as I can, as well.

Special Father's Day code for 5 keys

@DuvalMagic:
PS3: CJKJT-SWSTB-FXK53-ZTWJ3-JXJCX
WinPC/Mac: WJW3B-W5BK5-JHFBT-T3J33-JK3TT
X360: CTKBB-HFHTZ-559T6-K6JT3-65WTX
McIrishJihad wrote:

Special Father's Day code for 5 keys

@DuvalMagic:
PS3: CJKJT-SWSTB-FXK53-ZTWJ3-JXJCX
WinPC/Mac: WJW3B-W5BK5-JHFBT-T3J33-JK3TT
X360: CTKBB-HFHTZ-559T6-K6JT3-65WTX

Sweeet!

Currently at 63 keys, and counting. My highest character is level 18. If I ever get one up to max level, they're going to be set for life...

McIrishJihad wrote:

Special Father's Day code for 5 keys

My first keys! Nice!

I kind of wish I was paying attention to this key stuff before I finished the game. They might have been useful.

I'll probably play again with another character, so these keys will still come in handy. Maybe when one of those new classes go on sale I'll get back into the game.

Thanks for the keys!

Tscott wrote:

Currently at 63 keys, and counting. My highest character is level 18. If I ever get one up to max level, they're going to be set for life...

Not really. Golden Keys are more useful while you are leveling up than they are at max level. At that point you will be grinding for legendary stuff. Use them every five levels or when stuff starts getting tough to help make the difficulty curves a bit more bearable.

I finally forced myself to play through the beginning of the game and now that I'm level 5+ and somewhere near Sanctuary I'm really starting to like it. I felt pretty underpowered for the fight against Flynn, but I suppose once I can use one my my bazillion golden keys that will sort itself out. It took having Flynn knock me off a ledge to the bottom of the map before I realized you don't take falling damage either. Good crazy fun.

complexmath wrote:

It took having Flynn knock me off a ledge to the bottom of the map before I realized you don't take falling damage either.

Welcome to Borderlands! Seriously, nothing is more disorientating than high jumps in BL and BL2, because you fall just a little slower than other games, and don't have any fall damage.

Get ready for the June 25th launch of Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep with these SHiFT codes for 5 Golden Keys in Borderlands 2!

PC / Mac: KTWTT-KXJFK-ZCF3J-JTBT3-3SHZB
Xbox 360: WTCJJ-CFRHC-3T9BR-5FJBJ-SJJKX
PlayStation 3: 53CTJ-9FHKJ-5CC5J-9BC3B-6RSJ3

These codes will be active through June 25 -- be sure to use them before then!

deftly wrote:

Get ready for the June 25th launch of Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep with these SHiFT codes for 5 Golden Keys in Borderlands 2!

PC / Mac: KTWTT-KXJFK-ZCF3J-JTBT3-3SHZB
Xbox 360: WTCJJ-CFRHC-3T9BR-5FJBJ-SJJKX
PlayStation 3: 53CTJ-9FHKJ-5CC5J-9BC3B-6RSJ3

These codes will be active through June 25 -- be sure to use them before then!

Nice! At this rate, and with the shift codes that don't seem to have expired since the game's launch, I'll have plenty of keys to get nice sets for a character in each class (dlc classes included).

Thinking it's about time to get back into this...

Do we know when this will get released exactly? I'm 10 hours later than West Coast U.S..
Also...isn't it odd that this DLC isn't shown in the Steam store at all? If it's really getting released now, shouldn't somebody be able to buy it 1 day early who doesn't have the Season Pass?

Roo wrote:

Do we know when this will get released exactly? I'm 10 hours later than West Coast U.S..
Also...isn't it odd that this DLC isn't shown in the Steam store at all? If it's really getting released now, shouldn't somebody be able to buy it 1 day early who doesn't have the Season Pass?

It was available to me at 9am New York time this morning.

Also, a launch trailer:

A gun that fires... exploding swords. Torgue is right, I have not known happiness until this moment.

I don't think I've seen it here on the west coast.

I need to pass the one boss in the Big Game Hunt.. can't remember its name.. the one with 3 phases. I keep getting it phase 3 then I make one mistake and its game over. I've blown way too much money trying to kill that thing. If anyone wants to help let me know I'm on TVHM playthrough.

EDIT: Ah there it goes... around 11am pacific looks like its now downloading after restarting Steam

Ah poor Dishonored, you are going to get bumped yet again for Borderlands 2.

I have played a lot of Borderlands. I mean a LOT. I got multiple characters to the level cap on both 360 and PC in the original game, and I've finished all the content for Borderlands 2 again on 360 and PC. Having played all that, and a lot of it very good, I can say with confidence that Assault on Dragon Keep is the best content Gearbox has ever made, hands down. Bravo Gearbox, this is your crowning achievement.

So I'm playing through Tiny Tina's on Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode...

Spoiler:

As Torgue would say, "HOLY F**$# THIS IS DIFFICULT!!!"

That said. Phaat Loot. Awesome ambience. Just the right amount of awesome dialogue.
Oh, and one of those big tree guys dropped a Bee
(and as it turns out, while level 52 Bee is 22k armor and 52k damage,
level 57 Bee is 55k armor, and 100k damage)
Once again I could quote but...WOOOOH. I say to you, "WOOOOOOOOOOH!!!")

and damn is it difficult, with those freaking Ultimate Skeleton Knights shooting freaking blue laser beams out of their chests.

Nevermind I'm just stupid.

Wow, I really want to get to Tiny Tinas but I really also want to kill Jackenstein from the Big Game Hunt DLC. I'm level 50 in TVHM and I can't get him close. My weps aren't horrible.. and I get him basically to 40% each time. At this point the last fight in Bioshock Infinite feels like a tutorial mission vs. what I've been going through here with Jackenstein. Is there some secret to killing him? I basically get him to phase 3 every time, but I get almost one shotted when he jump attacks me. I just can't live long enough.

That part with the 3 weapon chests...

Spoiler:

Scared the living crap outta me. I never saw it coming and I should have. If you've played it to that point, you know.

In case it wasn't made clear by somebody else, Gaige is freaking amazing and should be played by everyone. Anarchy Gaige is extra freaking amazing, and should be played by everyone and all subsequent everyone's who have yet to be born.

ahrezmendi wrote:

In case it wasn't made clear by somebody else, Gaige is freaking amazing and should be played by everyone. Anarchy Gaige is extra freaking amazing, and should be played by everyone and all subsequent everyone's who have yet to be born.

Yeah, Anarchy is probably the single most rewarding skill for any character in the game. I love playing Gunzerkers and Psychos, but they don't have any skills that make me feel like I'm accomplishing something like the Mechromancer's Anrachy does.

Yeah, and it's surprising coming from such an unassuming little 1 point skill. One point and suddenly the game changes completely. I just came up with a change to my build, to start utilizing Blood Soaked Shield, and I'm really excited to try it tonight. I think it'll help with some fights that are giving me trouble (i.e. Super Badass Shield Skeletons or the Orc Warlords).

I actually recently un spec'd anarchy when I got to ultimate vault hunter-- because I was dying too often to make it worth it. But with some new weapons and dying less often, maybe I should look into anarchy again. I loved it with blood-soaked shield (though now that I have a bee shield I don't think that's as worth it).

Antichulius wrote:

I actually recently un spec'd anarchy when I got to ultimate vault hunter-- because I was dying too often to make it worth it. But with some new weapons and dying less often, maybe I should look into anarchy again. I loved it with blood-soaked shield (though now that I have a bee shield I don't think that's as worth it).

Really? I'd think that would make it *more* worth while. 100% shield regen on kill at the cost of 5% of current health, correct me if I'm wrong (I don't have a bee shield) but doesn't that mean you're getting the amp damage after every kill?

EDIT: Checked the wiki, and I'm right. BSS will also restore any shield trigger effects (amp, nova, absorb, etc), and this is actually one listed use of Bee Shield. You can go with a sniping build, or if you want use a Nova shield and rush into groups and just explode.

Interspersed Outburst. Indeed that is an awesome ability.