NFL 2011 Super Bowl XLVI

I thought Hernandez's was the worst of the dropped passes. That one was spot on him.

We need to focus on dogging Welker and his Texas Tech azz.

garion333 wrote:

Well, it wasn't until that overtime started that I realized that the new overtime didn't allow the ball to go back to the other team if they had already had a possession. I don't like that, but I'd rather have the teams have to play field position and then score than the way college football is.

Yes, I hate the hockey-shootout style of overtime in college football. That's just plain not football.

I like sudden death, but I think the real problem is the big fat Reset button they push at the end of the 4th quarter to start overtime. The more I think about it, the more I like the idea of overtime just being a continuation of the 4th quarter. Every problem with overtime comes from hitting that Reset button. You don't have to come up with convoluted rules to figure out how to make overtime not be determined by the coin toss if you don't have a damn coin toss. Keep playing the game you're already in the middle of, just with, "next score wins".

Giants jerseys all over the train and city today for the parade! I love it. Hopefully I get a good spot and I can post some decent pictures.

garion333 wrote:

I thought Hernandez's was the worst of the dropped passes. That one was spot on him.

He also had an angry defender barreling ass toward him for what looked like a nasty helmet to helmet hit if he caught it. Under the circumstances, I could almost see gator arming it.

Welker, otoh, was out in space in the middle of a completely blown coverage. I do have to say though that that ball was thrown Rex Grossman style.

As cruel as fate is I'm in NYC today for a couple meetings. Amtrak train in Philly has a bunch of Giants fans in their stupid Jerseys

Nothing to do with the Super Bowl or this years season but:

TheGameguru wrote:

As cruel as fate is I'm in NYC today for a couple meetings. Amtrak train in Philly has a bunch of Giants fans in their stupid Jerseys

b^.^d Like

Paleocon wrote:
garion333 wrote:

I thought Hernandez's was the worst of the dropped passes. That one was spot on him.

He also had an angry defender barreling ass toward him for what looked like a nasty helmet to helmet hit if he caught it. Under the circumstances, I could almost see gator arming it.

Welker, otoh, was out in space in the middle of a completely blown coverage. I do have to say though that that ball was thrown Rex Grossman style.

Hernandez plays tight end and if he can't take a hit in the Super Bowl then he doesn't deserve that ring.

Yeah, Brady made Welker stretch for it. Welker gets talked about because it was closer to the end and it's a catch we're all so use to seeing him make. And it's Welker.

TempestBlayze wrote:
TheGameguru wrote:

As cruel as fate is I'm in NYC today for a couple meetings. Amtrak train in Philly has a bunch of Giants fans in their stupid Jerseys

b^.^d Like

Parade should be in NJ.. team has nothing to do with NY whatsoever...

TheGameguru wrote:
TempestBlayze wrote:
TheGameguru wrote:

As cruel as fate is I'm in NYC today for a couple meetings. Amtrak train in Philly has a bunch of Giants fans in their stupid Jerseys

b^.^d Like

Parade should be in NJ.. team has nothing to do with NY whatsoever...

Then let's rename every team that doesn't play in their respective "team name city":

Maryland Redskins
Arlington Cowboys
Orchard Park Bills/Toronto Bills

The NY Giants spent most of their history in NY (51 years to be exact). They have been in NJ for 36 years. Mind you, you can see NY from their stadium parking lot, so they play close enough to count, much like the respective teams I listed above. So to say that the team has nothing to do with NY, is not accurate.

Have fun in NYC today.

Kush15 wrote:
TheGameguru wrote:
TempestBlayze wrote:
TheGameguru wrote:

As cruel as fate is I'm in NYC today for a couple meetings. Amtrak train in Philly has a bunch of Giants fans in their stupid Jerseys

b^.^d Like

Parade should be in NJ.. team has nothing to do with NY whatsoever...

Then let's rename every team that doesn't play in their respective "team name city":

Landover Redskins
Arlington Cowboys
Orchard Park Bills/Toronto Bills

The NY Giants spent most of their history in NY (51 years to be exact). They have been in NJ for 36 years. Mind you, you can see NY from their stadium parking lot, so they play close enough to count, much like the respective teams I listed above. So to say that the team has nothing to do with NY, is not accurate.

Have fun in NYC today.

Fixed for extra truthiness

If the Giants would have kicked that extra point, my wife would have won her work pool!

karmajay wrote:

If the Giants would have kicked that extra point, my wife would have won her work pool!

And if the Patriots had made that catch in the endzone, Vegas oddsmakers would have been well and truly cornholed.

The line at the beginning of the week was -3.5 Pats and ended the week -2.5 Pats. A win by exactly 3 would have put them in the horrific situation of having to pay out twice on the same score.

I'm sure there are some bookies that were breathing just a little easier on Monday morning.

Photo bomb incoming these were stills from video I took:

IMAGE(http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg293/tempestblayze/Screenshot2012-02-076atcopy.jpg)
This is Steve Weatherford
IMAGE(http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg293/tempestblayze/Screenshot2012-02-075atcopy.jpg)
IMAGE(http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg293/tempestblayze/Screenshot2012-02-074atcopy.jpg)
IMAGE(http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg293/tempestblayze/Screenshot2012-02-071atcopy.jpg)
IMAGE(http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg293/tempestblayze/Screenshot2012-02-07atcopy.jpg)
IMAGE(http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg293/tempestblayze/Screenshot2012-02-072atcopy.jpg)

Kush15 wrote:
TheGameguru wrote:
TempestBlayze wrote:
TheGameguru wrote:

As cruel as fate is I'm in NYC today for a couple meetings. Amtrak train in Philly has a bunch of Giants fans in their stupid Jerseys

b^.^d Like

Parade should be in NJ.. team has nothing to do with NY whatsoever...

Then let's rename every team that doesn't play in their respective "team name city":

Maryland Redskins
Arlington Cowboys
Orchard Park Bills/Toronto Bills

The NY Giants spent most of their history in NY (51 years to be exact). They have been in NJ for 36 years. Mind you, you can see NY from their stadium parking lot, so they play close enough to count, much like the respective teams I listed above. So to say that the team has nothing to do with NY, is not accurate.

Have fun in NYC today.

3 wrongs don't make a right.. so yeah..lets rename those crappy teams as well.. ironic that they are primarily in the NFC East..

I can see NJ from the Eagles stadium.. I'm not sure what the point is?

Parade was lame.. nothing like a Philly parade (of course we have so few so.....)

TempestBlayze wrote:

Photo bomb incoming these were stills from video I took:

pics

Was this part of the Occupy movement?

More tissues. "Parade was lame, waaaah". Maybe it was lame because it wasn't your team? Could that be it?

My point about seeing NY from the parking lot is that they are close enough to be called the New York Giants. If they were playing out of Delaware, and were called "New York", you could have a point.

Cheer up, Eagles are one of the favorites to win the Super Bowl next year.

As a life long Eagles fan....congrats to the New York Football Giants.

Kush15 wrote:

More tissues. "Parade was lame, waaaah". Maybe it was lame because it wasn't your team? Could that be it?

My point about seeing NY from the parking lot is that they are close enough to be called the New York Giants. If they were playing out of Delaware, and were called "New York", you could have a point.

Cheer up, Eagles are one of the favorites to win the Super Bowl next year.

No the turnout was lame. Sheesh it's kinda a no brainer here. Don't get me
Wrong it was light years ahead of what NE would have had (possibly 100 Bruins fans). NY has a great fan base though easily on par with Philly. I just think all this winning has made the fanbase complacent

But Lame is lame no matter how hard you try and dress it up.

If you live in NJ and/or CT. You don't live in NY. Ask any NY'er

Something to bring most NFL fans together:

IMAGE(http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/418669_3237759660739_1169167302_3435239_1970602080_n.jpg)

Kush15 wrote:

Something to bring most NFL fans together:

IMAGE(http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/418669_3237759660739_1169167302_3435239_1970602080_n.jpg)

LOVE!

Awesome, I laughed.

If you dont have NFL network they just put the Sound FX online of the Super Bowl

http://www.nfl.com/superbowl/story/0...

Some great stuff in there