The Cats Wearing Formal Attire Thread

From these comments, in a PC thread:

par wrote:

Yonder, I take massive exception to your picture. That cat, in NO way, knows how to tie a tie!

Do I need to call you out in a separate thread buddy?

Now I grudgingly submit that my feline did not have a proper knot on his tie, because, I must point out, the following picture was taken on casual Friday:
IMAGE(http://catmacros.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/semantics.jpg)

However the garish and ridiculous picture that par posted in return was an assault on my gentlemanly sensibilities:
IMAGE(http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l8dfet35wM1qzgjdbo1_400.jpg)

While I submit that it is indeed fastened in an impeccable double windsor, I simply cannot say anything favorable about the uncouth coloring and pattern. I respond with what I am sure will be the final image of the matter, a feline of peerless elegance and style.
IMAGE(http://www.swapmeetdave.com/Humor/Cats/Cat-with-hat.jpg)
If you believe you can produce a likeness of a Felis Catus with a superior grasp of fashion then you may, *ahem*, "Go Nuts".

[size=6]*Apologies to Malor and LarryC, it's all in good fun! I mean, pleasurable enjoyment![/size]

Hold on for my real reply to your calling out thread. I'm trying to come up with a way to personally attack and belittle you while still within our forum rules....

PAR

par wrote:

Hold on for my real reply to your calling out thread. I'm trying to come up with a way to personally attack and belittle you while still within our forum rules....

PAR

I of course understand that it is unreasonable to expect a person such as you to have a rebuttal available off the top of their head. Please, take all the time you need to prepare.

IMAGE(http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT6IdzXovzlxCdMZxd58S5N24OkReDupHVFJh62_t64GoWCihDQepgZIzhnlA)

Yonder wrote:
par wrote:

Hold on for my real reply to your calling out thread. I'm trying to come up with a way to personally attack and belittle you while still within our forum rules....

PAR

I of course understand that it is unreasonable to expect a person such as you to have a rebuttal available off the top of their head. Please, take all the time you need to prepare.

Ha! I actually laughed at that

PAR

IMAGE(http://i.imgur.com/eZDrv.gif)

Dimmerswitch wrote:

IMAGE(http://i.imgur.com/eZDrv.gif)

Posting cats: you're doing it wrong.

Why are all these cats so male focused? Is there a Cat Gender Bias in the realm of formal cats?

IMAGE(http://i.imgur.com/EGyxR.jpg)

This Cat should stay female for as close to forever as calculable by human means.

Furtivespy wrote:

This Cat should stay female for as close to forever as calculable by human means.

I saw Jurassic Park as a child and immediately understood that gender isn't as immutable as your statement would cause us to believe. Applying your base thesis to other entities (heh, tit) clearly demonstrates the limits of your understanding in this area and I welcome the opportunity to call your science into question in a separate thread. Couching your statement with weak terms like 'should' 'as close to' and 'as calculable' just shows your timidity in the face of raw Science. I name you a coward, sir. And call you out to the Lab of Honor to do battle.

Let's turn this bitch up to REGAL.

IMAGE(http://i.imgur.com/nuSN1.jpg)

Color coordination:

IMAGE(http://www.malor.com/gamerswithjobs/elegant_tie_cat.jpg)

Bob hates ties, so he sticks with a clip-on:

IMAGE(http://www.malor.com/gamerswithjobs/cat_in_clipon_tie.jpg)

IMAGE(http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2009/1/6/128757609350066713.jpg)
IMAGE(http://s-ak.buzzfed.com/static/enhanced/terminal01/2010/11/30/17/enhanced-buzz-27026-1291155031-2.jpg)
IMAGE(http://s-ak.buzzfed.com/static/enhanced/terminal01/2010/11/30/17/enhanced-buzz-27020-1291155261-3.jpg)
IMAGE(http://s-ak.buzzfed.com/static/enhanced/terminal01/2010/11/30/17/enhanced-buzz-27025-1291155269-1.jpg)
IMAGE(http://s-ak.buzzfed.com/static/enhanced/terminal01/2010/11/30/17/enhanced-buzz-27020-1291155350-4.jpg)
IMAGE(http://s-ak.buzzfed.com/static/enhanced/terminal01/2010/11/30/17/enhanced-buzz-27010-1291155387-3.jpg)
IMAGE(http://s-ak.buzzfed.com/static/enhanced/terminal01/2010/11/30/17/enhanced-buzz-27008-1291155968-4.jpg)
IMAGE(http://s-ak.buzzfed.com/static/enhanced/terminal01/2010/11/30/17/enhanced-buzz-27020-1291156038-7.jpg)
IMAGE(http://s-ak.buzzfed.com/static/enhanced/terminal01/2010/11/30/17/enhanced-buzz-27008-1291156045-6.jpg)
IMAGE(http://s-ak.buzzfed.com/static/enhanced/terminal01/2010/11/30/17/enhanced-buzz-27025-1291156062-4.jpg)
IMAGE(http://s-ak.buzzfed.com/static/enhanced/terminal01/2010/11/30/17/enhanced-buzz-27026-1291156083-7.jpg)

Minarchist wrote:

IMAGE(http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2009/1/6/128757609350066713.jpg)

It's probably the breath/breathe error that's ticking him off. That or the strangulation.

I'm sorry, I can't post pictures here. I have to work today.

IMAGE(http://t.qkme.me/BDe.jpg)

IMAGE(http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2007/02/milk-curd.jpg)

LobsterMobster wrote:

Catsual Fridays!

You win this time, Buster!

wordsmythe wrote:

It's probably the breath/breathe error that's ticking him off. That or the strangulation.

Yeah, it bothered me too, but I still thought it was funny.

Minarchist wrote:
wordsmythe wrote:

It's probably the breath/breathe error that's ticking him off. That or the strangulation.

Yeah, it bothered me too, but I still thought it was funny.

I don't think I could marry that cat.

par wrote:

Hold on for my real reply to your calling out thread. I'm trying to come up with a way to personally attack and belittle you while still within our forum rules....

PAR

You could allege that despite posting pictures of cat's, Yonder's more of a dog person.

Gravey wrote:
Minarchist wrote:
wordsmythe wrote:

It's probably the breath/breathe error that's ticking him off. That or the strangulation.

Yeah, it bothered me too, but I still thought it was funny.

I don't think I could marry that cat.

Minarchist wrote:
Gravey wrote:
Minarchist wrote:
wordsmythe wrote:

It's probably the breath/breathe error that's ticking him off. That or the strangulation.

Yeah, it bothered me too, but I still thought it was funny.

I don't think I could marry that cat.

:lol:

Funny story: my wife and I were out driving and passed a sign that said "Your driving by again!" We both commented on it, so I told her about the conversation here. She said she couldn't marry someone who misused your and you're either, and said, "I think by the time you're old enough to get married that you should know how to use your native language." I loved her so much right then.

D'awwww...

I have yet to see any evidence that any of these cats actually dressed itself.

ClockworkHouse wrote:
Minarchist wrote:
Gravey wrote:
Minarchist wrote:
wordsmythe wrote:

It's probably the breath/breathe error that's ticking him off. That or the strangulation.

Yeah, it bothered me too, but I still thought it was funny.

I don't think I could marry that cat.

:lol:

Funny story: my wife and I were out driving and passed a sign that said "Your driving by again!" We both commented on it, so I told her about the conversation here. She said she couldn't marry someone who misused your and you're either, and said, "I think by the time you're old enough to get married that you should know how to use your native language." I loved her so much right then.

You hereby have my consent to be married to her.

IMAGE(http://thedingleberry.files.wordpress.com/2011/11/classy-cat-is-even-classier-17398-1281572456-4.jpg)

IMAGE(http://www.mycatwearsclothes.com/images/CatInTux.jpg)

IMAGE(http://t.qkme.me/67sa.jpg)

DSGamer wrote:

IMAGE(http://thedingleberry.files.wordpress.com/2011/11/classy-cat-is-even-classier-17398-1281572456-4.jpg)

That is just pretentious.

Saved from the kitty cat dance by youtube commercials. What a terrible place we've come to.

I turn my back for a few hours ...