Justified thread

evilseed wrote:
Paleocon wrote:

That killer nurse was hot.

She is the detective on Psych if you want to see more of her on tv.

Which is quite possibly the best show on TV.

I love the writing on Justified. The "carpetbagger" scene was one of my favorites.

Yeah, it truly has some of the best writing on TV.

I'll be sad when they finally kill of Quarles. He is a fantastic bad guy.

At the risk of sounding like an idiot, did he not take Dewey's kidneys or just take one? He seemed he was capable of doing it as he was going to cut up Raylan

Secret Asian Man wrote:

At the risk of sounding like an idiot, did he not take Dewey's kidneys or just take one? He seemed he was capable of doing it as he was going to cut up Raylan

I understood he just put the incisions there to mess with Dewey (and possibly make $20k).

Paleocon wrote:

I'll be sad when they finally kill of Quarles. He is a fantastic bad guy.

They might not, who knows. Duffy -- who I ADORE -- has been around since season 1...

Secret Asian Man wrote:

At the risk of sounding like an idiot, did he not take Dewey's kidneys or just take one? He seemed he was capable of doing it as he was going to cut up Raylan

I believe he did take both...

Actually, I'm now reading that they were there all the time. My bad.

Veloxi wrote:
Paleocon wrote:

I'll be sad when they finally kill of Quarles. He is a fantastic bad guy.

They might not, who knows. Duffy -- who I ADORE -- has been around since season 1...

Secret Asian Man wrote:

At the risk of sounding like an idiot, did he not take Dewey's kidneys or just take one? He seemed he was capable of doing it as he was going to cut up Raylan

I believe he did take both...

Actually, I'm now reading that they were there all the time. My bad.

He has a very perishable feel to him. They'll probably make it a season finale like killing off Mags Bennett. That was the episode of the decade.

Paleocon wrote:

He has a very perishable feel to him. They'll probably make it a season finale like killing off Mags Bennett. That was the episode of the decade.

Feh, if so, it totally won't live up to that final Mags episode. SHE was a force to be reckoned with. Quarles is awesome...but he's no Mags...

Veloxi wrote:
Paleocon wrote:

He has a very perishable feel to him. They'll probably make it a season finale like killing off Mags Bennett. That was the episode of the decade.

Feh, if so, it totally won't live up to that final Mags episode. SHE was a force to be reckoned with. Quarles is awesome...but he's no Mags...

Exactly. Quarles has that gangster cool about him, but Mags was sincerely frightening.

IMAGE(http://cdn.wg.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/kidneys.gif)

Lucky Wilbury wrote:

IMAGE(http://cdn.wg.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/kidneys.gif)

Hahaha, totally stealing.

Paleocon wrote:
Veloxi wrote:
Paleocon wrote:

He has a very perishable feel to him. They'll probably make it a season finale like killing off Mags Bennett. That was the episode of the decade.

Feh, if so, it totally won't live up to that final Mags episode. SHE was a force to be reckoned with. Quarles is awesome...but he's no Mags...

Exactly. Quarles has that gangster cool about him, but Mags was sincerely frightening.

It's the Mom presence. The feeling that as kind as she's being to you, she's ready for your inevitable disrespect. Only she's lethal. Truly intimidating.

Grenn wrote:
Paleocon wrote:
Veloxi wrote:
Paleocon wrote:

He has a very perishable feel to him. They'll probably make it a season finale like killing off Mags Bennett. That was the episode of the decade.

Feh, if so, it totally won't live up to that final Mags episode. SHE was a force to be reckoned with. Quarles is awesome...but he's no Mags...

Exactly. Quarles has that gangster cool about him, but Mags was sincerely frightening.

It's the Mom presence. The feeling that as kind as she's being to you, she's ready for your inevitable disrespect. Only she's lethal. Truly intimidating.

It's a little more than that. It's also the casual ruthlessness she has as well. Where Limehouse creeps you out with his speech about dog training and the whole hand in lye deal, Mags just terrifies you when she smashes her own son's hand with a hammer for screwing up. She's a true psychopath wrapped in a more trailer version of Paula Dean.

Ok, I haven't watched this show, and this is sort of a write-only post, because I may start, and I want to avoid spoilers.

But the thought occurred when I saw this thread title for the umpteenth time -- if the show is canceled, will this become the unjustified thread?

You really can't beat that carpetbagger scene. So...perfect.
I really wish the carpetbagger mythology didn't shape southern perspectives, but it does. Hell I fall into it occasionally.

Yeah, that carpetbagger scene was pitch perfect. The two giants circling around each other, testing their knowledge and resolve...just amazing...

Secret Asian Man wrote:

At the risk of sounding like an idiot, did he not take Dewey's kidneys or just take one? He seemed he was capable of doing it as he was going to cut up Raylan

Spoiler:

It was his nurse girlfriend that was going to do it. She had the transplant experience from her work at the hospital. He was just going to get it started.

Spoiler:

So was the note at the end a "Dear Raylan" letter?

trichy wrote:
Spoiler:

So was the note at the end a "Dear Raylan" letter?

I think so.

gewy wrote:
Secret Asian Man wrote:

At the risk of sounding like an idiot, did he not take Dewey's kidneys or just take one? He seemed he was capable of doing it as he was going to cut up Raylan

Spoiler:

It was his nurse girlfriend that was going to do it. She had the transplant experience from her work at the hospital. He was just going to get it started.

Spoiler:

I assumed he was capable too from the dialogue about him harvesting the organs of the inmates before they were cremated. None of Dewey's kidneys were actually taken it seems. He just cut him to trick him into trying to steal some quick cash.

SpacePPoliceman wrote:
trichy wrote:
Spoiler:

So was the note at the end a "Dear Raylan" letter?

I think so.

Or, given the preview snippets, maybe

Spoiler:

a "we just kidnapped Winona" letter

MikeSands wrote:
SpacePPoliceman wrote:
trichy wrote:
Spoiler:

So was the note at the end a "Dear Raylan" letter?

I think so.

Or, given the preview snippets, maybe

Spoiler:

a "we just kidnapped Winona" letter

Spoiler:

I would think his reaction would have been a bit more dramatic and homicidal than sitting down looking sad.

Lucky Wilbury wrote:

IMAGE(http://cdn.wg.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/kidneys.gif)

Goddammit, Dewey, you are a treat. My wife and I heehawed at that line. Truly a fantastic television show.

Yeah, the faceoff between white haired Detroit guy and Boyd -- who I love as a simply fantastic, nuanced "bad" guy -- was a thing of beauty. And it reminded me that if I'm ever in a situation to do a patdown, check the sumbitch's arms. I so completely expected the Assassin's Creed gun to come out. I know we haven't seen the last of it.

Nomad wrote:
evilseed wrote:
Paleocon wrote:

That killer nurse was hot.

She is the detective on Psych if you want to see more of her on tv.

Which is quite possibly the best show on TV.

I love the writing on Justified. The "carpetbagger" scene was one of my favorites.

Just in case you are unfamiliar with Psych, here's a sampling...

I know this is set in the sticks, and works better for the show/character, but when someone does a real patdown, don't they usually check the arms? I get more thoroughly searched than that at the airport.

ColdForged wrote:

Yeah, the faceoff between white haired Detroit guy and Boyd -- who I love as a simply fantastic, nuanced "bad" guy -- was a thing of beauty. And it reminded me that if I'm ever in a situation to do a patdown, check the sumbitch's arms. I so completely expected the Assassin's Creed gun to come out. I know we haven't seen the last of it.

I was wondering about that. His cuff links were awfully snug in that scene though, making me think he wouldn't have been able to draw. Of course I can't see his character not having cuff links so maybe he just has some trick magnetic break-away style.

I wonder, does Boyd know that the blond girl is an informant, why didn't he let her leave?

mooosicle wrote:

I wonder, does Boyd know that the blond girl is an informant, why didn't he let her leave?

That was my thought as well. Boyd is cooking up a large scheme and he has plans for Limehouse.

I can't see that he knows considering he didn't even know who that guy was pre-phone exposure. Remember that Boyd is with Ava. He probably wanted to make sure Miss Petite wasn't going to go get a gun and shoot them all while they were fixated on Devil's corrupter.

sithcundman wrote:
mooosicle wrote:

I wonder, does Boyd know that the blond girl is an informant, why didn't he let her leave?

That was my thought as well. Boyd is cooking up a large scheme and he has plans for Limehouse.

Didn't he specifically say he had 2 messages?