GWJ BCS League, Season I (360): Conference Championship Week (League Deadline: 12/31/11 @ 7:00am ET)

Got commits from two 4* CBs, which will help out next season with both of my starters leaving.

I should get my game in tonight or tomorrow night, I hope.

I grabbed a few 4* guys. Looks to be like a solid recruiting class.

Recruiting done and will get my game in tonight or tomorrow after church.

Leroyog wrote:

I grabbed a few 4* guys. Looks to be like a solid recruiting class. :)

I will be lucky to get the 5* guy I'm going after (beating Pittsburgh would have helped my cause), but I'm hoping to get a bunch of 3* prospects to help the cause. As far as my season, just looking to get into a bowl and beat up on a sh*tty opponent.

IT WAS ME!!!! I restarted vs CPU....Played three times...first time I was on my vacation and had something pop up that wouldnt allow me to finish the game (I left it on pause but the xbox auto-shutoff when an hour hit) Second time, I admit was a rage quit. I was leading 28-10 at the half, then in the third quarter threw 5 picks to the same damn safety. (he returned all of them for at least 30yrds and two were pick sixes.) when he grabbed the fifth pick in ONE quarter I yelled at my dog that he was a little [email protected]$k and slammed the off button on my xbox. I dont mind losing to others or even the cpu when its fair, but damn....five picks in one quarter? after no turnovers by either team all game? seems a little fishy. like the computer is turning on a catch up mode or something. That is the reason for my restarts...

as for this week, I should get my game in tonight before bed, moreover, my recruitment is horrible. I am lucky to get a 3*. I currently just have 1* and 2* coming in...No one wants to play at marshall. Kinda hard to recruit when you have nothing to offer. In other news, While I was on my trip, I got to attend the fountain ceremony at Marshall. It is to honor the lives lost on 11/14/1970 when the marshall football team (coaches, players, boosters) all perished in a plane crash while flying back from ECU....very sad.

ND bests BYU by a good amount. I simmed the last drive just to finish up (and the damned computer let BYU score!!). The game was close through the 2nd, but the second half was all ND. My QB had a great day, in particular. However, I lost my starting HB for the season to a ruptured disk. (Sound painful!!) Hoping the bug is still there that doesn't carry over injuries!!!!!

ZellbrigeN26 wrote:

IT WAS ME!!!! I restarted vs CPU....Played three times...first time I was on my vacation and had something pop up that wouldnt allow me to finish the game (I left it on pause but the xbox auto-shutoff when an hour hit) Second time, I admit was a rage quit. I was leading 28-10 at the half, then in the third quarter threw 5 picks to the same damn safety. (he returned all of them for at least 30yrds and two were pick sixes.) when he grabbed the fifth pick in ONE quarter I yelled at my dog that he was a little [email protected]$k and slammed the off button on my xbox. I dont mind losing to others or even the cpu when its fair, but damn....five picks in one quarter? after no turnovers by either team all game? seems a little fishy. like the computer is turning on a catch up mode or something. That is the reason for my restarts...

as for this week, I should get my game in tonight before bed, moreover, my recruitment is horrible. I am lucky to get a 3*. I currently just have 1* and 2* coming in...No one wants to play at marshall. Kinda hard to recruit when you have nothing to offer. In other news, While I was on my trip, I got to attend the fountain ceremony at Marshall. It is to honor the lives lost on 11/14/1970 when the marshall football team (coaches, players, boosters) all perished in a plane crash while flying back from ECU....very sad.

I know it's frustrating when the computer does things that it really shouldn't, but it's not fair to rage quit when others in the league have losses to the XBox. Please try not to rage quit again. I can understand when it's XBox issues, but rage quiting is really not a valid excuse.

firesloth wrote:

ND bests BYU by a good amount. I simmed the last drive just to finish up (and the damned computer let BYU score!!). The game was close through the 2nd, but the second half was all ND. My QB had a great day, in particular. However, I lost my starting HB for the season to a ruptured disk. (Sound painful!!) Hoping the bug is still there that doesn't carry over injuries!!!!! ;)

It's not. Deantwan Williams was hurt against Pittsburgh, and he was not available vs Navy. Sorry.

Kush15 wrote:
ZellbrigeN26 wrote:

IT WAS ME!!!! I restarted vs CPU....Played three times...first time I was on my vacation and had something pop up that wouldnt allow me to finish the game (I left it on pause but the xbox auto-shutoff when an hour hit) Second time, I admit was a rage quit. I was leading 28-10 at the half, then in the third quarter threw 5 picks to the same damn safety. (he returned all of them for at least 30yrds and two were pick sixes.) when he grabbed the fifth pick in ONE quarter I yelled at my dog that he was a little [email protected]$k and slammed the off button on my xbox. I dont mind losing to others or even the cpu when its fair, but damn....five picks in one quarter? after no turnovers by either team all game? seems a little fishy. like the computer is turning on a catch up mode or something. That is the reason for my restarts...

as for this week, I should get my game in tonight before bed, moreover, my recruitment is horrible. I am lucky to get a 3*. I currently just have 1* and 2* coming in...No one wants to play at marshall. Kinda hard to recruit when you have nothing to offer. In other news, While I was on my trip, I got to attend the fountain ceremony at Marshall. It is to honor the lives lost on 11/14/1970 when the marshall football team (coaches, players, boosters) all perished in a plane crash while flying back from ECU....very sad.

I know it's frustrating when the computer does things that it really shouldn't, but it's not fair to rage quit when others in the league have losses to the XBox. Please try not to rage quit again. I can understand when it's XBox issues, but rage quiting is really not a valid excuse.

I understand...look at my record. I lost to ECU. Its not that I mind losing...but explain to me how ANY player anywhere gets 5ints in one quarter...moreover...its not like I was lobbing them up...he would just jump from the hashmarks and make an int at the sideline...it was stupid.

Yeah...well, that was pretty much my experience when I played Leroy last (partial) season. Ugh. I'm still having nightmares.

On the other hand, all of us have (I'm sure) rage quit at some point...

I only rage quit my offline stuff. It's not fair to everyone else to do that in the online league. I'm very confidant in my ability to beat the AI(which is wavering in the Madden league ) so when I'm about to take a loss, it's a big deal for everyone else so I take it like a champ. :p

Crazy offline dynasty. No undefeated teams. ND ranked #1 in the country out of the Big 10. Didn't play in the championship, since my only loss was to #5 Nebraska. They defeated #6 Iowa and ended up ranked 2nd in front of Wisconsin.

So, NC was a rematch. Very close game. At one point the teams traded SAFETIES. Nebraska to ok the lead late in the 4th on some really questionable plays. However, a long bomb to an outside receiver who was poorly covered gave ND the lead with 30 sec to go. 3 sacks and an INT later gave me a bucket of achievements...

Oh, FYI: there seems to be a bug with one of the big achievements. If you manage to swing the national championship and the highest rated recruiting class, DO NOT sign a contract extension. That hoses you out of the achievement for doing those things in the same year.

Which is too bad, since it's worth 160 gamerscore. Not that I'm tied up in that too much, but it's a nice little bump!

Leroyog wrote:

I only rage quit my offline stuff. It's not fair to everyone else to do that in the online league. I'm very confidant in my ability to beat the AI(which is wavering in the Madden league ) so when I'm about to take a loss, it's a big deal for everyone else so I take it like a champ. :p

Sure, but I think we're over this case. Zell -- no worries, we're all human. You didn't have to announce that it was you. Thanks for stepping up to the plate.

firesloth wrote:
Leroyog wrote:

I only rage quit my offline stuff. It's not fair to everyone else to do that in the online league. I'm very confidant in my ability to beat the AI(which is wavering in the Madden league ) so when I'm about to take a loss, it's a big deal for everyone else so I take it like a champ. :p

Sure, but I think we're over this case. Zell -- no worries, we're all human. You didn't have to announce that it was you. Thanks for stepping up to the plate.

Agreed, nothing further will need to be discussed.

firesloth wrote:
Leroyog wrote:

I only rage quit my offline stuff. It's not fair to everyone else to do that in the online league. I'm very confidant in my ability to beat the AI(which is wavering in the Madden league ) so when I'm about to take a loss, it's a big deal for everyone else so I take it like a champ. :p

Sure, but I think we're over this case. Zell -- no worries, we're all human. You didn't have to announce that it was you. Thanks for stepping up to the plate.

well...to be honest, I felt childish after the rage quit. I didnt like that I won the game the next go around...I was actually hoping they would come back and beat me...but it didnt happen. I wont let it happen again.

However I did notice that I was the only player with a team rated overall below a B, lol.

However I did notice that I was the only player with a team rated overall below a B, lol.

I'm hoping we eventually attract some more players again...I'd like to start a 2* dynasty like we did last year. That was wicked fun. I really became attached to Northern Illinois! It was nice having epic battles with Leroy and Counselor...but playing as NIU, EMU, etc.

I think we're all having enough of a time keeping up with this as we face the onslaught of fall games. But maybe after Christmas...

firesloth wrote:
However I did notice that I was the only player with a team rated overall below a B, lol.

I'm hoping we eventually attract some more players again...I'd like to start a 2* dynasty like we did last year. That was wicked fun. I really became attached to Northern Illinois! It was nice having epic battles with Leroy and Counselor...but playing as NIU, EMU, etc.

I think we're all having enough of a time keeping up with this as we face the onslaught of fall games. But maybe after Christmas...

That would put us all on even ground. Maybe we should reload after the New Year.

Kush15 wrote:

That would put us all on even ground. Maybe we should reload after the New Year.

I don't think we should stop this league, just begin another. Since we've already had one restart, it feels like we'd be losing momentum to stop this altogether. Besides, I'm going to end up with a good recruiting class!!!

It was a close game against West Virginia but I lost. I was getting blown off the line when they ran the ball. Almost every single time my linemen were on their butts. I have been focusing more in NHL12 than NCAA 12. I sill want to play in the league and we should keep this one going for as long as it will sustain itself.

firesloth wrote:
Kush15 wrote:

That would put us all on even ground. Maybe we should reload after the New Year.

I don't think we should stop this league, just begin another. Since we've already had one restart, it feels like we'd be losing momentum to stop this altogether. Besides, I'm going to end up with a good recruiting class!!! ;)

I am fine with that. I don't mind running both, but if someone does want to take the lead, I won't mind either.
Actually, I think I can only run one league at a time without paying extra. So with that said, I won't run the 2* league, but I'm in.

I'll run it like I did last year after Jayhawker quit. I'm not hosting any online dynasties at the moment

Sorry I haven't rolled the league, will do that later...........when I am done holding my new daughter

Your commish is officially a daddy

Congrats Kush!!!! That's awesome news!

Huzzah! Congratulations, Kush!

Kush15 wrote:

Sorry I haven't rolled the league, will do that later...........when I am done holding my new daughter

Your commish is officially a daddy

Congrats buddy! But just you wait until they are the same age as my oldest daughter... 21. Then your life will be absolute hell. Oh yes, it will happen...

Congrats! I'm sure she'll be giving you pointers in no time. "I can't believe you called cover 2 again, Dad."

firesloth wrote:

Congrats! I'm sure she'll be giving you pointers in no time. "I can't believe you called cover 2 again, Dad."

lol...nice

Congrats Kush...enjoy it for the next 13-14 years...then good luck after that...those little boys gonna be chasing her around...

League rollled...

=============== Northwestern Wildcats (3-4) ===============
Last week, Northwestern lost 31-17 against Iowa (6-1).
This week, the Wildcats travel to South Bend to face the #18 Notre Dame Fighting Irish (5-2).
In recruiting news, the following Northwestern targets have announced their decisions:

- (**) HB Patrick Pollock has committed to Northwestern
- (***) WR Gabriel Jackson has committed to Northwestern

=============== Rutgers Scarlet Knights (4-3) ===============
Last week, Rutgers won 26-10 against Navy (1-4).
This week, the Scarlet Knights are idle.
In recruiting news, the following Rutgers targets have announced their decisions:

=============== #2 Michigan Wolverines (7-0) ===============
Last week, Michigan won 31-12 against Michigan State (4-2).
This week, the Wolverines are idle.
In recruiting news, the following Michigan targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) ROLB Keith Bryant has committed to Michigan
- (****) LE Mike Baldwin has committed to Michigan

=============== #18 Notre Dame Fighting Irish (5-2) ===============
Last week, Notre Dame won 52-38 against BYU (1-5).
This week, the Fighting Irish will host Northwestern (3-4).
In recruiting news, the following Notre Dame targets have announced their decisions:

- (****) ROLB Jeremy Rogers has committed to Notre Dame
- (****) LT Stevie Fagan has committed to Notre Dame

=============== TCU Horned Frogs (4-2) ===============
Last week, TCU won 56-14 against Louisville (6-1).
This week, the Horned Frogs will host New Mexico (2-3).
In recruiting news, the following TCU targets have announced their decisions:

=============== Marshall Thundering Herd (6-1) ===============
Last week, Marshall won 38-13 against Syracuse (3-3).
This week, the Thundering Herd travel to East Hartford to face the Connecticut Huskies (4-3).
In recruiting news, the following Marshall targets have announced their decisions:

- (***) TE Colby Miles has committed to Marshall

=============== USF Bulls (4-3) ===============
Last week, USF lost 34-31 against Connecticut (4-3).
This week, the Bulls will host Cincinnati (3-4).
In recruiting news, the following USF targets have announced their decisions:

- (***) DT Sean Walker has committed to USF

=============== Tennessee Volunteers (6-2) ===============
Last week, Tennessee lost 38-33 against West Virginia (3-3).
This week, the Volunteers will host #12 Michigan State (4-2).
In recruiting news, the following Tennessee targets have announced their decisions:

Okay, is shonuff/Gdawg really done? I'm scheduled for Northwestern this week...