Heartfelt thanks and a request for help from the community

I also put the book on Goodreads, as it wasn't there when I read it.
Added the cover and asin.

FYI If you don't have a Kindle reader but have an Android device, the Market has a Kindle Reader APp!

https://market.android.com/details?i....

If anyone has it and it works I'd be glad to support!
Heck I'll just test it now.
Creating an account!

WORKS like a charm.
Will read/review as soon as I remember how to read a book! (it's been ages!)

Edit: I haven't read it yet, Sorry! I know what's taking me so long!
Just pointing out that I am promoting it on Google Plus
https://plus.google.com/u/0/11388456...
If anyone wants to push it to their circles.

Purchased for the Kindle. I'll give it a read and review when I finish my current book.

#16,729 Paid in Kindle Store

Hey, you are moving up! This said #29,000something yesterday.

Tagging. I love books.

Tagging for the print edition, because I hate trees. (A tree killed my father.) (No wait, Darth Vader killed my father.) (No hold on, Darth Vader is my father.) (Wait, that's not true, that's impossible.) (Yup, it was a movie I was thinking of there, sorry.)

Gravey wrote:

Tagging for the print edition, because I hate trees. (A tree killed my father.) (No wait, Darth Vader killed my father.) (No hold on, Darth Vader is my father.) (Wait, that's not true, that's impossible.) (Yup, it was a movie I was thinking of there, sorry.)

You had me at 'tagging'.

Also ... tagging.

Gravey wrote:

Tagging for the print edition, because I hate trees. (A tree killed my father.) (No wait, Darth Vader killed my father.) (No hold on, Darth Vader is my father.) (Wait, that's not true, that's impossible.) (Yup, it was a movie I was thinking of there, sorry.)

I will personally urinate on a dozen trees for every copy you buy.

After the first proof had a few mistakes, the second proof is good to go. The print version should be available in a few days.

Missed the first thread entirely, and I'm too far into schoolwork right now to read much.

I'll make Mrs. Codger read it.

Good luck trichy!

Loved it! Just finished this moment, and I want more. I'm not just saying that, I had promised myself that I would just go quiet if I didn't like.

The review will be on Amazon UK tomorrow. I can't do it now, since I stayed up an hour past bed-time to get finished.

When will we see more of Mike and Lopez?

Thanks for the acknowledgement of the site. I missed the first thread, but plan to do my best to make up for that. This is one of the most entertaining books that I have read this year and I plan to recommend it to a lot of people. Well done, trichy.

spider_j wrote:

Loved it! Just finished this moment, and I want more. I'm not just saying that, I had promised myself that I would just go quiet if I didn't like.

The review will be on Amazon UK tomorrow. I can't do it now, since I stayed up an hour past bed-time to get finished.

When will we see more of Mike and Lopez?

Thanks!

I'm about 40% through the first draft of the sequel. I'm actually using some Goodjers as inspiration for some characters.

trichy wrote:

I'm actually using some Goodjers as inspiration for some characters.

Excellent! Remember: I'm not bald, it's a style choice.

You now have your first UK store review, trichy. Looking forward to that sequel.

Just finished it. I started clapping and told my wife "yup, the damned boy can write." Trichy, you're officially a mighty fine author and I very much look forward to reading more about Mike and Lopez. About to head over to Amazon and post a review. Well worth the cash and I hope you get some buzz going.

EDIT: Link for review.

trichy wrote:
spider_j wrote:

Loved it! Just finished this moment, and I want more. I'm not just saying that, I had promised myself that I would just go quiet if I didn't like.

The review will be on Amazon UK tomorrow. I can't do it now, since I stayed up an hour past bed-time to get finished.

When will we see more of Mike and Lopez?

Thanks!

I'm about 40% through the first draft of the sequel. I'm actually using some Goodjers as inspiration for some characters.

I am working on that tiny belly I have! So you don't have to put that in the character description.
So, when can we drop by for a signing of a copy? (I will let you sign my Kindle.... )

Waiting fastidiously for the print version.

Also, I would make a great main character. Or villain. Or love interest for all the ladiezzzzzz.

Quintin_Stone wrote:

Waiting fastidiously for the print version.

Also, I would make a great main character. Or villain. Or love interest for all the ladiezzzzzz.

I'm thinking "forgettable henchman who gets shot in the balls. Both of them. Individually."

Can I be a shifty Mediterranean type? With a cane? And an eyepatch? And not as fat as real life?

ColdForged wrote:

Just finished it. I started clapping and told my wife "yup, the damned boy can write." Trichy, you're officially a mighty fine author and I very much look forward to reading more about Mike and Lopez. About to head over to Amazon and post a review. Well worth the cash and I hope you get some buzz going.

EDIT: Link for review.

Many thanks! The response from everyone has been amazing.

Quintin_Stone wrote:

Waiting fastidiously for the print version.

Also, I would make a great main character. Or villain. Or love interest for all the ladiezzzzzz.

I was thinking of you more for the transient hooker in drag that gets beaten to death by a sack of oranges. That work for you?

trichy wrote:
Quintin_Stone wrote:

Waiting fastidiously for the print version.

Also, I would make a great main character. Or villain. Or love interest for all the ladiezzzzzz.

I was thinking of you more for the transient hooker in drag that gets beaten to death by a sack of oranges. That work for you?

Dr. Caroline Quinn rides again!

Gravey wrote:
trichy wrote:
Quintin_Stone wrote:

Waiting fastidiously for the print version.

Also, I would make a great main character. Or villain. Or love interest for all the ladiezzzzzz.

I was thinking of you more for the transient hooker in drag that gets beaten to death by a sack of oranges. That work for you?

Dr. Caroline Quinn rides again!

IMAGE(http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6173/6164266635_dccd55ec14.jpg)

The print version is available for sale on CreateSpace. The Amazon page should be up by Monday, which will allow for reviews and the like. Now I just have to figure out how to link the Kindle and print versions...

Late to this thread but this was an easy decision. The power of GWJ is strong. I look forward to delving into your story trichy.

Bought it, started it, enjoying it quite a lot so far.

Sparhawk wrote:

I am working on that tiny belly I have! So you don't have to put that in the character description.
So, when can we drop by for a signing of a copy? (I will let you sign my Kindle.... )

That's a bit of a drive from Curacoa, but if I run into someone who's been kind enough to purchase a copy, I'll sign any damn thing they want, except for contracts and genitalia.

Nearly thirty copies sold and six reviews posted, and the official release date isn't even until Tuesday. Boo yeah, this community is ridiculously awesome.

I got permission yesterday from a fair number of local businesses to put flyers including an excerpt of the book in their establishments, so I'm printing up a fair few of those to pass around. I'm also planning on linking the book to online groups I feel would be interested, such as mystery fans and former navy nukes.

Was about to suggest to have the Amazon link go through the GWJ recommendation code, but I see you already took that into consideration; well done!!

Bought and will start reading tonight.
Or later today if work is particularly boring. Again.

Hobbes2099 wrote:

Was about to suggest to have the Amazon link go through the GWJ recommendation code, but I see you already took that into consideration; well done!!

It's automatic here.

So it looks like I may be doing a book signing! The university is apparently very enthusiastic about promoting students that write books, and I have an appointment Monday to arrange a book signing with the Middle Tennessee State University bookstore. I realize that my mom and three other people may be all that shows up, but it's still kind of badass.

Hey congratz Trichy! Havent had much time to read your book yet but its sitting on my iPad glaring at me

PAR