NFL 2011 Week 11

Rat Boy wrote:

Loved the end.

Per an article over at Grantland, Tampa has not only played a tough schedule this year, but it's been a historically difficult schedule.

MilkmanDanimal wrote:

Per an article over at Grantland, Tampa has not only played a tough schedule this year, but it's been a historically difficult schedule.

That was a really interesting article. Just looking at that 6 week stretch, I feel bad for all the Bucs fans out there.

If there's one thing hanging out over at Football Outsiders has drilled into me, it's that it's hard to overestimate the importance of schedule strength (and, game-per-game, opponent strength); standard stats show a yard as a yard and a win as a win regardless of who you're playing, and, if you're evaluating teams/players, it's critical to put it in some context. I mean, not to jump on Tebow (but to do so), people raved about his game last year where he threw for 300 yards . . . against the Texans, who had a historically awful pass defense. 300 yards against the 2002 Bucs? Hell, that would be a phenomenal achievement. The 2010 Texans? Not so much.

It's amazing what a new defensive coordinator and four new players can do to a defense. Considering Wade didn't have an off-season to prepare his players for a new scheme it's even more amazing.

bighoppa wrote:

It's amazing what a new defensive coordinator and four new players can do to a defense. Considering Wade didn't have an off-season to prepare his players for a new scheme it's even more amazing.

Jonathan Joseph was the one guy I really, really, really, really, really wanted Tampa to sign in the offseason. He is proving why every week.

Wade has always been a great coord that got lost as the jefe.

MilkmanDanimal wrote:
bighoppa wrote:

It's amazing what a new defensive coordinator and four new players can do to a defense. Considering Wade didn't have an off-season to prepare his players for a new scheme it's even more amazing.

Jonathan Joseph was the one guy I really, really, really, really, really wanted Tampa to sign in the offseason. He is proving why every week.

There was a lot of outrage from Cincy fans when they didn't do what they needed to do to keep him.

He's been great, and Daniell Manning was great at safety until he broke his leg.

Btw I thought Josh Freeman looked like one of the best things going in Tampa during the first half of our game.

Fedaykin98 wrote:

He's been great, and Daniell Manning was great at safety until he broke his leg.

Btw I thought Josh Freeman looked like one of the best things going in Tampa during the first half of our game.

Shh! No sudden moves, Fed! You'll startle the Tampa fans!

Jaguars at Browns
Bengals at Ravens
Seahawks at Rams
Titans at Falcons
Wildcard: KC at New England

Jaguars at Browns: I guess.

Bengals at Ravens: Can't trust the Ravens, but they blew it last week, which perhaps makes this a good week for them. Plus the Bengals lost their top CB.

Seahawks at Rams: Who cares?

Titans at Falcons: Falcons at home.

Bills at Dolphins: Bills. This. Better. Happen. I've gotta start Fitz this week, so ...

Von Miller is ridiculously good. The Denver offense, however, is PAINFUL to watch.

They have an offense?

MilkmanDanimal wrote:

Von Miller is ridiculously good. The Denver offense, however, is PAINFUL to watch.

So, if the Broncos had an offense, they'd be a much better team than the Jets? I'm not finding a whole lot to enjoy offensively from either team.

LeapingGnome wrote:

They have an offense?

If they keep this up, Jacksonville won't be the 32nd ranked offense anymore!

Kurt Warner says Tebow needs to make "4 or 5 throws" to make something happen...

Kurt, that's more than he throws in a game!

Well, he's up to 6 in this game. Still, point stands.

Dear NFL,

PLEASE STOP SHOWING JETS GAMES AT NIGHT.

I don't know what's more embarrassing: when the offense conspicuously refuses to let Tebow throw, or when Tebow does throw and the ball falls as helplessly short as an ex-president's opening pitch at the start of a baseball game.

I feel like yelling at Rex Ryan like Gunnery Sergeant Hartman:

IMAGE(http://avatarfarm.com/avatarimages/movies/sgthartmanavatar.jpg)

"What is this Mickey Mouse sh*t?
WHY is Private Tebow running around on your defense?
WHY is Private Tebow moving the chains?
WHY are you not stomping Private Tebow's guts out?"

"Tebow just wins"

Hee hee.

He just wins. (This is me calling it cause I don't trust Sanchez.)

You can't beat Tebow with a Hail Mary. Sinner please!

Bah no link again, didn't see it til tonight....

HE JUST WINS.

TIM.
TEBOW.
JUST.
WINS.

Tebow's touchdown made me flash back to Vince Young's BCS Championship TD run. I wonder what would have happened if Vince Young had forced his coaches to change the entire style of the offense for his abilities. Like I said earlier, I think Tebow might be a Pro-Bowl fullback, I just wish he wasn't listed as a QB cause he sure as hell can't throw.

On a very related note to the win, the Denver defense and special teams are both pretty damn good. It sure looks like John Fox finally taught the team his 'Delhomme strategy' of winning without a winning QB.

I'll still have yet to see something that'll create a consensus on Tim Tebow. His supporters will spin the game in his favor and his detractors will harp on his flaws. Mark Sanchez, on the other hand, is toast. In a game where all he had to do was not screw up, he screwed up. That's my take away from this game. USC 0, SEC 1.

Can Vince Young start so we can have some different QB drama for a few days?

MilkmanDanimal wrote:

Von Miller is ridiculously good.

Hell yeah!