The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Catch-All

Looks great, runs good, just feel mildly disoriented when panning view.

I had this issue with several games for years. I finally started taking Bonine before playing. After a few sessions, I found I didn't need it anymore. Cool, eh? Give it a try.

Secondly, f*cking spiders. Seriously Bethesda? Come on.

Lucky for you, someone agrees with you:

http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads...

Two questions:

1. Any idea what the difficulty level affects? I wouldn't mind the threat of taking more damage but don't want the enemies to become damage sponges in the process.

2. Is there a way to toggle compass marks? I'd like to turn them off sometimes if I feel like just wandering around.

zeroKFE wrote:
Secondly, f*cking spiders. Seriously Bethesda? Come on.

Lucky for you, someone agrees with you:

http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads...

I'm confused what is wrong with spiders?

Long list of tweaks over here to avoid crashes, etc., for the PC version. With luck you won't need any of them.

zeroKFE wrote:
Secondly, f*cking spiders. Seriously Bethesda? Come on.

Lucky for you, someone agrees with you:

http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads...

That's awesome. Downloading as soon as I get home.

breander wrote:

I'm confused what is wrong with spiders?

They're f*cking spiders.

imbiginjapan wrote:

Two questions:

2. Is there a way to toggle compass marks? I'd like to turn them off sometimes if I feel like just wandering around.

I remember in a preview Todd Howard said this is possible. i don't know how though

breander wrote:

I'm confused what is wrong with spiders?

Some people really, really don't like spiders, especially gigantic spiders that could bite your face off.

I suspect such people cover their eyes during the Shelob scene in LOTR

I played like 2 hours last night. So far it's really great but I do have two complaints. First, the archery feels unsatisfying. I think it's because there's no animation of you drawing back on the string. I've spent most of my time with one-handed weapons and a shield so far because of this. Secondly, f*cking spiders. Seriously Bethesda? Come on.

I didn't get any crashes. I rarely crashed in New Vegas either so I think my system might be well configured for Bethesda games. Also, the ultra high settings make things really purdy.

Is there somewhere early in game where you can dump all your crap? I'm becoming easily encumbered.

Stylez wrote:

Pro tip that wasn't quite explained. After you bring up the "favourites" menu hit a number to assign a hotkey to that particular weapon/magic/jedi skill. This made the UI much less cumbersome for me.

That might get me to switch off of using an xbox controller.

IUMogg wrote:
imbiginjapan wrote:

Two questions:

2. Is there a way to toggle compass marks? I'd like to turn them off sometimes if I feel like just wandering around.

I remember in a preview Todd Howard said this is possible. i don't know how though

I don't see a way in-game, but these variables are in the INI under My Docs\My Games\Skyrim\

bShowFloatingQuestMarkers=1
bShowQuestMarkers=1
bShowCompass=1

Setting them to 0 will disable the feature.

Squeegee_Joe wrote:
breander wrote:

I'm confused what is wrong with spiders?

Some people really, really don't like spiders, especially gigantic spiders that could bite your face off.

I suspect such people cover their eyes during the Shelob scene in LOTR

Yeah, its actually pretty funny if you watch mod sites -- invariably, if a game supports modding and it has giant spiders in it, there WILL be a mod within the first 24 hours of release that changes the spiders to some other kind of creature model.

zeroKFE wrote:
Secondly, f*cking spiders. Seriously Bethesda? Come on.

Lucky for you, someone agrees with you:

http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads...

I got a kick out of the idea of bears weaving all those webs that are on the walls. It was even funnier to think of the mudcrabs in the second image doing it.

Why does a Steamworks game appear to not support Steam screenshots?

ahrezmendi wrote:

I got a kick out of the idea of bears weaving all those webs that are on the walls. It was even funnier to think of the mudcrabs in the second image doing it.

I should point out that the first time I saw mudcrabs, they freaked me out WAY more than the spiders. They're like giant ticks.... eww.

I love the spiders. They're very well animated and fun to fight. But I can see why they might freak some people out.

I am seriously, seriously struggling with the UI though. If I owned an X-box controller, I'd plug that puppy in and play that way until it gets modded out.

Has anyone figured out where to see if/what diseases you have? Or which blessing you currently have and what it does? I've been all over the UI and the internet and I have not seen anything yet.

Bottle wrote:

I love the spiders. They're very well animated and fun to fight. But I can see why they might freak some people out.

I am seriously, seriously struggling with the UI though. If I owned an X-box controller, I'd plug that puppy in and play that way until it gets modded out.

I'm quite seriously arachnophobic, and when the spiders popped out, I just about shat my office chair. When apesh*t swinging my 2-handed battleaxe like a maniac until they were dead.

Then I laughed at myself about it. I can understand that they could be too intense for someone with a severe phobia though.

Nuean wrote:

Has anyone figured out where to see if/what diseases you have? Or which blessing you currently have and what it does? I've been all over the UI and the internet and I have not seen anything yet.

The information you seek will eventually be here:

http://uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Disease

For now, though, it's probably safe to assume that most of the diseases are similar to the Oblivion ones, listed here:

http://uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Disease

Not sure about blessings since I don't have the game yet, but if they are like the blessings from Oblivion's wayshrines they are probably a wide assortment of resistances and stat buffs.

Nuean wrote:

Has anyone figured out where to see if/what diseases you have? Or which blessing you currently have and what it does? I've been all over the UI and the internet and I have not seen anything yet.

Assuming you are on the PC, hit P to bring up your magic/powers list. One of the options then is a selection that will show you what powers are currently affecting you. (I can't remember the actual name of the list, but it's pretty obviously.) You'll probably have to scroll down to find it.

-Sorry I couldn't be more specific. I don't have the game with me right now and I can't remember the specifics.

Are FPS limited to 60? I've got Vsync turned off (as far as I can tell), but my fps caps out at 60, which makes me think Vsync really isn't turned off.

garion333 wrote:

Are FPS limited to 60? I've got Vsync turned off (as far as I can tell), but my fps caps out at 60, which makes me think Vsync really isn't turned off.

Yeah, V-sync is automatically turned on, you have to tweak it manually to turn it off from what I've read.

Anyone else not able to hit F to favorite an item or spell? I think its something to do with customizing your keybinds. Sigh

Bottle wrote:
garion333 wrote:

Are FPS limited to 60? I've got Vsync turned off (as far as I can tell), but my fps caps out at 60, which makes me think Vsync really isn't turned off.

Yeah, V-sync is automatically turned on, you have to tweak it manually to turn it off from what I've read.

Yeah, I did all that, but I'm still getting capped at 60fps which makes me think it's not turned off.

Have the PC hooked up to the 42" HDTV, with surround sound. Using a 360 controller now, and have made two console tweaks: set fov 65, and set timescale to 2. Via the ini file, I have disabled the compass and quest markers. If I can figure out how to turn off the stealth indicator, I will be in Elder Scrolls heaven.

Well, so far, I'm pretty impressed with it. Very nice graphics. It autodetected as 'High', but I set it to Ultra High and turned the FSAA and MSAA down a bit, and turned off vsync, and it seems very smooth and really lovely. (5870, 2560x1600). Turning off mouse smoothing was also a real improvement, and turning up the FOV was nice, too.

If you set the FOV in the ini file, instead of using the console, it doesn't seem to affect achievements.

My only real complaint so far is that the loading is too fast. It looks like the tips are useful, but they're gone so fast I can never read them! Not the worst of problems to have, but it's actually a bit irritating -- I never get much past halfway. Like, there was a tip about which dragon types are toughest, and I only got far enough to see that it was going to tell me what dragon types were toughest. Argh!

zeroKFE wrote:
Secondly, f*cking spiders. Seriously Bethesda? Come on.

Lucky for you, someone agrees with you:

http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads...

THIS is less terrifying?

IMAGE(http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/9528/2811321027276.jpg)

Malor wrote:

My only real complaint so far is that the loading is too fast.

There's an easy answer to that problem. Get a slower computer. I'll trade you

Certis wrote:

THIS is less terrifying?

Seriously. I'll take spiders over a mob of cracked-out pedobears.

Malor wrote:

My only real complaint so far is that the loading is too fast.

I was actually having this same problem.

LiquidMantis wrote:
Certis wrote:

THIS is less terrifying?

Seriously. I'll take spiders over a mob of cracked-out pedobears.

IMAGE(http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/8567/bearsinskyrim.jpg)