The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Mod Thread

tag, your it.

Tagged

Note to anyone altering their FOV, if you use the map view or sprint it will reset your FOV occasionally. I have not found a way to keep this from happening. I think I recall a similar issue with Oblivion.

Thanks for the tips. I can't wait to try them out.

It also resets your FOV when you block and then move. Personally I find that to be much more distracting, I'm going to just leave it at the default FOV.

I'd like to see an unlimited companions type mod for this. Crank the difficulty to max and lead your warband in the hunt against the Draconic foe. I was dissapointed when the companion I'd convinced to join me after a fist fight had to be ditched so I could bring along my housecarl. I want to be the next Ysgamor with my 500 companions

With the amount of attention already given to food in this game I'm looking forward to a Primary Needs type mod as well. The one for New Vegas had biorythms and ambient temperature. I can imagine you burn calories much faster as your body attempts to generate heat and stave off hypothermia.

After you change your FOV via the console, type "saveini" without the quotes so you don't have to change it again after you stop playing and come back at a later time.

Tagging.

First mod that I want is smaller UI. See to it, Internet!

I hope someone finds a way to tweak/mod out the strange lighting in this game. Well, I guess it's not really the lighting but I'm not a fan of how it's sort of emulating a camera changing it's exposure slowly based on what you are looking at.

Tagged.

Other than a UI built for a computer instead of an XBOX, I don't have any need for any mods at the moment. They even make arrows weigh nothing, which is a mod I would have installed.

I actually like the UI, I just think they need to fix the mouse highlighting issues in menus.

FedoraMcQuaid wrote:

I actually like the UI, I just think they need to fix the mouse highlighting issues in menus.

This, though the UI took some getting used to. I definitely think it could be improved for PC users though.

BNice wrote:

I hope someone finds a way to tweak/mod out the strange lighting in this game. Well, I guess it's not really the lighting but I'm not a fan of how it's sort of emulating a camera changing it's exposure slowly based on what you are looking at.

That's the HDR lightiing. I'm pretty sure you can turn it off, if not in the main settings then in one of the .ini files.

I'm thinking of starting a mod that corrects the grammar and punctuation errors in the books, assuming I'm not the only one who reads them . . .

Sweet! Good old longtime modder Xodarap777 has sniffed out a couple of settings to make your life a bit more miserable (no download required).
You can (via console) enter:
player.setav healrate 0.0 (default 0.7)
to disable the auto-health-regeneration (yessss!)
as well as
player.setav SpeedMult 90 (default 100)
to lower the player's movement speed (crouch/un-crouch to enable value change)
These can of course be set to other values, so if you fancy yourself a rocket ship or a god-among-men you can probably set these values in the other direction. Changed values should persist in save data.

Thanks Puce Moose! Nice find.

I do find the health regeneration to be too fast so having the option to turn it off is great. However on the other hand I find that most food don't restore enough health to be much use even with regeneration off. I think a +3 across the food values would help to make a no regeneration mod a real interesting gameplay option.

Aww pity that the speed modification affects both walk and run speeds. Personally I found run to be too fast and walk to be too slow. Would be nice to have a way to modify both individually.

Swarfigo wrote:

After you change your FOV via the console, type "saveini" without the quotes so you don't have to change it again after you stop playing and come back at a later time.

Nice find. If you use the saveini command the loading screen models will now have a red tint. The game world looks normal however. I am not sure if this causes any other issues.

Nimcosi wrote:
Swarfigo wrote:

After you change your FOV via the console, type "saveini" without the quotes so you don't have to change it again after you stop playing and come back at a later time.

Nice find. If you use the saveini command the loading screen models will now have a red tint. The game world looks normal however. I am not sure if this causes any other issues.

So that's what has been causing the red tint.

Falchion wrote:

Thanks Puce Moose! Nice find.

I do find the health regeneration to be too fast so having the option to turn it off is great. However on the other hand I find that most food don't restore enough health to be much use even with regeneration off. I think a +3 across the food values would help to make a no regeneration mod a real interesting gameplay option.

Aww pity that the speed modification affects both walk and run speeds. Personally I found run to be too fast and walk to be too slow. Would be nice to have a way to modify both individually.

Food is all about making sews. That way you can regain things like 10 hp/15 stam or 1 hp/sec for 720 sec. Otherwise it's just such a chore to eat the food.

Swarfigo wrote:
Nimcosi wrote:
Swarfigo wrote:

After you change your FOV via the console, type "saveini" without the quotes so you don't have to change it again after you stop playing and come back at a later time.

Nice find. If you use the saveini command the loading screen models will now have a red tint. The game world looks normal however. I am not sure if this causes any other issues.

So that's what has been causing the red tint.

When you use saveini, its saves ALL the variables presently set into the skyrim.ini and skyrimprefs.ini files. Previously these files had a limited subset of the variables. More than likely one of the settings is altering the tint of the loading screens, no idea which one. Yet.

*Edit*

If you want to rid yourself of the red tint, remove the following lines from your Skyrim.ini, save the file, and start the game:

Under the [Interface] Section

rUIMistMenu_AmbientZPosRGB=0,0,0
rUIMistMenu_AmbientZNegRGB=0,0,0
rUIMistMenu_AmbientYPosRGB=0,0,0
rUIMistMenu_AmbientYNegRGB=0,0,0
rUIMistMenu_AmbientXPosRGB=0,0,0
rUIMistMenu_AmbientXNegRGB=0,0,0

Note - if you use saveini again the tint will return. Rinse repeat.

garion333 wrote:
Falchion wrote:

Thanks Puce Moose! Nice find.

I do find the health regeneration to be too fast so having the option to turn it off is great. However on the other hand I find that most food don't restore enough health to be much use even with regeneration off. I think a +3 across the food values would help to make a no regeneration mod a real interesting gameplay option.

Aww pity that the speed modification affects both walk and run speeds. Personally I found run to be too fast and walk to be too slow. Would be nice to have a way to modify both individually.

Food is all about making sews. That way you can regain things like 10 hp/15 stam or 1 hp/sec for 720 sec. Otherwise it's just such a chore to eat the food.

This. I even just set up a kitchen in my first home to make it easier on myself. Home cooking for the win.

Alright some more UI hotkey stuff and general tip stuff, putting it here because if the game needs a mod for anything its to overcome these horrendous limitations in the UI, these are workarounds. If you have any other workarounds please post them the UI is just awful.

8) If you have 2 of the same weapon you can use a single key to quickly dual weild 2 of that weapon (favorite->favorite menu->1-8 for the weapon->exit favorite->double hit the number you choose) it will put the first one in your right hand and the second tap will put it in your left hand. This is the only way to currently have a dual weild hotkey without having to pause the action and choose from the favorite menu. So dual weilding 2 unique magic weapons is a pain, hotkey wise.

*(bethesda hates lefties, especially since that would have fixed the whole dyslexic right is primary hand and primary button is left mouse weirdness).

9) For character building you should plan around a 7 skill build, you max at 70 perks and appx 10 perk points per skill, give or take

if you want different items in each hand with different hotkeys on them press the two hotkeys simultaneously. ie I have clairvoyance bound to 3 and an attack spell on 4, so if I'm switching from my sword and board I hold down 3 and 4 and it puts one spell in each hand instead of just replacing the shield.

I posted this in the other thread but people may find it useful here:


http://www.reddit.com/r/skyrim/comments/manrs/pc_make_sure_you_disable_thexbox_360_controller/

How and why it improves FPS is baffling to me but it seems to for a bunch of people. I already had great FPS so I can't comment on a change. The menu's do seem slightly less finicky with it turned off though which is a good thing.

I've been using this mod that sharpens up the image a bit. Personal taste thing, but I like it. Also applied the patch that reduces the original mod's sharpening.

IMAGE(http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/5479/2011111300003.jpg)

Tagged for modding justice.

The auto-healing was just what I came here for. Thanks, Puce!

Certis wrote:

I've been using this mod that sharpens up the image a bit. Personal taste thing, but I like it. Also applied the patch that reduces the original mod's sharpening.

IMAGE(http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/5479/2011111300003.jpg)

What's the difference between using this and just enabling FXAA in the options (Advanced portion)?

Certis wrote:

I've been using this mod that sharpens up the image a bit. Personal taste thing, but I like it. Also applied the patch that reduces the original mod's sharpening.

If that's the file I think it is, it's a generic FXAA injection, that you can use on 99% of games, even those that don't properly support AA, like earlier versions of Unreal Engine3 because it's a post-process done after the game is done with the frame. There's a bunch of other coders doing similar things.

Puce Moose wrote:

Sweet! Good old longtime modder Xodarap777 has sniffed out a couple of settings to make your life a bit more miserable (no download required).
You can (via console) enter:
player.setav healrate 0.0 (default 0.7)
to disable the auto-health-regeneration (yessss!)
as well as
player.setav SpeedMult 90 (default 100)
to lower the player's movement speed (crouch/un-crouch to enable value change)
These can of course be set to other values, so if you fancy yourself a rocket ship or a god-among-men you can probably set these values in the other direction. Changed values should persist in save data.

I totally want to be a rocket ship.

Prozac wrote:

if you want different items in each hand with different hotkeys on them press the two hotkeys simultaneously. ie I have clairvoyance bound to 3 and an attack spell on 4, so if I'm switching from my sword and board I hold down 3 and 4 and it puts one spell in each hand instead of just replacing the shield.

Ok i just went and tried this and couldn't get 2 1H weapons to go in right and left hand respectively simulataneously pressing the two buttons, does this work for anyone else?

iaintgotnopants wrote:
Puce Moose wrote:

Sweet! Good old longtime modder Xodarap777 has sniffed out a couple of settings to make your life a bit more miserable (no download required).
You can (via console) enter:
player.setav healrate 0.0 (default 0.7)
to disable the auto-health-regeneration (yessss!)
as well as
player.setav SpeedMult 90 (default 100)
to lower the player's movement speed (crouch/un-crouch to enable value change)
These can of course be set to other values, so if you fancy yourself a rocket ship or a god-among-men you can probably set these values in the other direction. Changed values should persist in save data.

I totally want to be a rocket ship.

A Nordic rocket ship?