Battlefield 3 Catch-All

lostlobster wrote:
KrazyTacoFO wrote:
groan wrote:
stuhac wrote:
lostlobster wrote:

Hoping to get on tonight, but what with the baby refusing to sleep of late:

baby: waah! (meaning: my teeth hurt!)
me: go to sleep!
baby: waaaaah! (f*ck you! my teeth really hurt!)

the dirty looks I'd receive from Mrs. Lobster while trying to fire up the game while baby lobster screams are... prohibitive.

I know this is a bit off topic, but you could try rubbing whiskey on baby lobsters gums. Works a treat - natural anaesthetic and soporific. I did that when my daughter was teething, and found it to work without fail.

I am not a registered doctor.

what kind of doctor ARE you?

IMAGE(http://decenthospital.com/Deathsdoor_files/drunk.jpg)

hahaha!

The whiskey idea is an intriguing one, but he's also got a bad cold which is contributing to his being such a jerk at night. So selfish with all the crying. And now the 4.5 year-old has the cold as well. Maybe everyone in the house needs whiskey. Might be worth a try.

But I did pick up my copy of the game. So, one step closer to playing.

Actually, the best way to make him stop crying is for you to drink lots of whiskey! Well...Maybe he will still cry, but at least it won't bother you.

OK, I made a twitter recommendation to the battlelog dev at DICE to add server links to the platoon page, and he said it was a good idea and to post it as feedback on battlelog.

So I did. If you agree, adding a bit of additional feedback might help. I think you can just click "like". Thanks.

Fedaykin98 wrote:

IMPORTANT QUESTION!!!

How do you turn that f***ing chat window off? What were they thinking?

Tell me about it ...

The maps and mechanics really encourage smart play. More than once my squad was performing bounding overwatch and providing covering fire instinctively without voice comm coordination.

Even if the squad was mostly GWJers, it was a sight to behold!

TempestBlayze wrote:

My mission tonight is to unlock flares and missiles for my Jets. THey are useless without those upgrades.

Soon I will own the sky!
IMAGE(http://bestanimations.com/Military/Planes/Mirage/Mirage-04-june.gif)

Noooo! I've been so enjoying the Stinger unlock as engie. It's like shooting fish in a barrel!

TrashiDawa wrote:

The maps and mechanics really encourage smart play. More than once my squad was performing bounding overwatch and providing covering fire instinctively without voice comm coordination.

Even if the squad was mostly GWJers, it was a sight to behold!

I can't wait to unlock smoke for some of these maps.

I'm going to have to remember to provide covering fire. If you can get into the habit I bet it's very helpful.

Some questions for the PC players:

- How is the commo rose?
- How is the squad management?
- Is the FOV slider usable now? It was grayed out in beta.

Operation Métro
Grand Bazaar
Tehran Highway
Damavand Peak
Sine Crossing

- Horrible maps for conquest.

TempestBlayze, those images are hotlink protected.

As good as the visuals are, the sound design is the best I've ever heard in a game. All of the different whistles, cracks, explosions, muffling from obstacles and structures, echoes, etc. are incredibly immersive.

Scratched wrote:

TempestBlayze, those images are hotlink protected.

Actually, he just loves BF3BLOG.COM!

UPDATE: Looks like platoons are limited to 100 members Hopefully EA will increase the size. In the meantime, you can add our platoon creator and chief BF3blog PC player as a friend. But be warned: he’s crazy on the Battlefield and often goes Kamikaze on everyone.

http://bf3blog.com/2011/10/battlefie...

BNice wrote:

Some questions for the PC players:

- How is the commo rose?

Meh.

- How is the squad management?

Workable.

- Is the FOV slider usable now? It was grayed out in beta.

Works fine.

OG_slinger wrote:
TempestBlayze wrote:

My mission tonight is to unlock flares and missiles for my Jets. THey are useless without those upgrades.

Soon I will own the sky!
IMAGE(http://bestanimations.com/Military/Planes/Mirage/Mirage-04-june.gif)

Noooo! I've been so enjoying the Stinger unlock as engie. It's like shooting fish in a barrel!

Same here! Having a blast with the Stinger since nobody has flares yet!

Woohoo, thanks guys. I really wanna learn how to fly choppers effectively so I can be a sick pilot. The problem is, I don't wanna be that guy who takes the chopper and crashes 5 seconds later. Hopefully on GWJer nights you guys can take it easy on me

A 10 year old is holding the Top Support spot
Top Support
KEAMotoXan
SPM
457
LOL

GRATS!

My disc finally showed up, so I can get into Battlelog. I've applied to the Platoon (PC). Looking forward to playing some tonight.

Re: 100 person limits.
Would it make sense to segregate according to Platform?

Rezzy wrote:

Re: 100 person limits.
Would it make sense to segregate according to Platform?

It already is. Xbox soldiers can't join the PC platoon and vice versa.

I'll be on the 360 tonight. Any reports on the graphical quality on the 360 in comparison to the OMG PC?

Fedaykin98 wrote:

IMPORTANT QUESTION!!!

How do you turn that f***ing chat window off? What were they thinking?

Nearly every game I have been in the chat window is filled with people asking how to turn the damn thing off.

MannishBoy wrote:

Anybody know who DawnPatrolxx is? Asking for entry into the platoon, and I didn't recognize.

Buddy of mine. I let him in. He was in our beta platoon as well.

BNice wrote:

Woohoo, thanks guys. I really wanna learn how to fly choppers effectively so I can be a sick pilot. The problem is, I don't wanna be that guy who takes the chopper and crashes 5 seconds later. Hopefully on GWJer nights you guys can take it easy on me :lol:

I managed to get a chopper last night (the vehicle spawn camping is crazy right now). 10X easier than in BC2. very easy to fly and do some strafing. gonna be a bit tough to get some of those upgrades as the base chopper has the durability of a gnat. just about anything will take it down, and without flares there isn't much defense.

OG_slinger wrote:
TempestBlayze wrote:

My mission tonight is to unlock flares and missiles for my Jets. THey are useless without those upgrades.

Soon I will own the sky!
IMAGE(http://bestanimations.com/Military/Planes/Mirage/Mirage-04-june.gif)

Noooo! I've been so enjoying the Stinger unlock as engie. It's like shooting fish in a barrel!

Exactly what I was saying...

This week will be a test in patience. The lady friend is in town until Saturday and apparently I need to "spend time" with her instead of playing BF3. Stupid reality.

I got some time in yesterday, I am sad to say that I am no longer any good at Battlefield games. I hope it is just a lack of practice, but I was feeling like I was stinking up the joint.

Vent is still the Voice Comm of choice for this game/group, right?

Nevermind

Atras wrote:

I got some time in yesterday, I am sad to say that I am no longer any good at Battlefield games. I hope it is just a lack of practice, but I was feeling like I was stinking up the joint.

Vent is still the Voice Comm of choice for this game/group, right?

I hear you Atras,
I play semi-regularly and still feel like it's my first time, every time.
Kind of sucks to be a 'groundhog day' FPS gamer.

booty wrote:

I'll be on the 360 tonight. Any reports on the graphical quality on the 360 in comparison to the OMG PC?

I'm usually not too concerned with graphics, but I think they're amazing on for the 360. Much cleaner than BC2 IMO. Knock on wood, but I've been seriously impressed by how smoothly this has been running from the start. Little hiccups and some squad matching improvements are needed, but light years ahead of BC2.

My biggest gripe has been flag placement, some of which feels too linear. I'm not a huge fan of 3 flags in a line, but certainly not game breaking.

Everyone on the 360 be sure to join the Gamers With Jobs 360 platoon so we can squad up.