Battlefield 3 Catch-All

BNice wrote:

I played for over 100 hours and enjoyed myself but all the small annoyances and lack of features really add up. I mean, you can't even chat after a match.

Actually you can, but its for a short duration.

One aspect of TDM that I am really starting to be annoyed by is the full time dedication of c4 bombers. They para in spreading c4 and detonate as soon as they land.

CEJ wrote:

One aspect of TDM that I am really starting to be annoyed by is the full time dedication of c4 bombers. They para in spreading c4 and detonate as soon as they land.

C4 planters are annoying at the best of times but that sounds like a new low/high.

I actually had a couple of good rounds. It was fun. I should try and do some sort of regular once a week thing. At least to keep the skills sharp.

Higgledy wrote:
CEJ wrote:

One aspect of TDM that I am really starting to be annoyed by is the full time dedication of c4 bombers. They para in spreading c4 and detonate as soon as they land.

C4 planters are annoying at the best of times but that sounds like a new low/high.

When there are four or five going constantly, the whole explosion then shake thing gets really, really old.

Side Note: I did get my AS Val fully unlocked. The Extended Mag is a must.

BF1942 is free on Origin. Not sure if it's a permanent thing or a limited time offer.

Another double XP week(end?) coming up:

Battlelog wrote:

144 hours of double XP next week
By: trydling Posted: 2 hours ago 206 comments

Don’t miss the November Premium exclusive double XP event next week! Premium members get double XP in Battlefield 3 from November 12-18 on any map/mode on Ranked servers! That’s 144 hours’ worth of ranking up faster. For start and end times, just click the links below. Have fun!

Double XP event starts: http://bit.ly/TPL9Wr
Double XP event ends: http://bit.ly/TfzYnS

CEJ wrote:

Another double XP week(end?) coming up:

Battlelog wrote:

144 hours of double XP next week
By: trydling Posted: 2 hours ago 206 comments

Don’t miss the November Premium exclusive double XP event next week! Premium members get double XP in Battlefield 3 from November 12-18 on any map/mode on Ranked servers! That’s 144 hours’ worth of ranking up faster. For start and end times, just click the links below. Have fun!

Double XP event starts: http://bit.ly/TPL9Wr
Double XP event ends: http://bit.ly/TfzYnS

I suspect the BO2 double xp event will have more customers

ranalin wrote:
CEJ wrote:

Another double XP week(end?) coming up:

Battlelog wrote:

144 hours of double XP next week
By: trydling Posted: 2 hours ago 206 comments

Don’t miss the November Premium exclusive double XP event next week! Premium members get double XP in Battlefield 3 from November 12-18 on any map/mode on Ranked servers! That’s 144 hours’ worth of ranking up faster. For start and end times, just click the links below. Have fun!

Double XP event starts: http://bit.ly/TPL9Wr
Double XP event ends: http://bit.ly/TfzYnS

I suspect the BO2 double xp event will have more customers ;)

Pre-ordering my son's copy tomorrow

And this is why tanks are awesome.

FUN!

Driving tanks....

BlackSabre wrote:

And this is why tanks are awesome.

FUN! :)

Holy crap ... nice run. I rediscovered my joy of IFV's this past week.

New content drop today. It includes:
1. New profile pics
2. 5 new premium dog tag assignments
3. Aftermath Assignments for Crossbows and dog tags

Did aftermath drop?

ranalin wrote:

Did aftermath drop?

I think it's 11/27 PS3 Premium, 12/4 360 and PC.

I've been working on the assignments recently and I've only got one left. I still need to destroy 13 MBTs with helicopters.

All these new assignments are going to drive me crazy, although most of them seem pretty simple.

I was down to 3 open assignments but now they added 15 more. I sense a cycle.

Aftermath looks fantastic. The scavenger mode sounds interesting. I'm about due for getting back into Battlefield, although I've been enjoying being in single player land for a while.

Thinking ahead... I'd love it if the next Battlefield's campaign was a soldier or a squad of soldiers stranded behind enemy lines with no weapons. There could be a DayZ like world but with military personnel and patrols instead of zombies (I do see the irony.) You'd have to make you way across vast stretches of countryside avoiding detection and gathering kit. Once you had a radio you could be sent on missions.

So none of the assignments unlock until the 27th?

Really looking forward to Aftermath. Started to get back into BF3 and playing on servers that don't have 1k tickets.

I've been sticking to a lot of infantry only type servers just to get some more weapon kills and finish off some of the other assignments. I've got the UMP one and the L85A2 one now, so just need the SKS, MTAR Specialist and LSAT Specialist ones. As well as the other ones for the IFV kills etc. The jet one I'll never get, and the chopper one will take forever, but yeah, it's still fun.

BlackSabre wrote:

I've been sticking to a lot of infantry only type servers just to get some more weapon kills and finish off some of the other assignments. I've got the UMP one and the L85A2 one now, so just need the SKS, MTAR Specialist and LSAT Specialist ones. As well as the other ones for the IFV kills etc. The jet one I'll never get, and the chopper one will take forever, but yeah, it's still fun.

I was surprised at how long the MTAR one took me. Its easiest on TDM maps to find the equipment via the EOD and destroy it. I have the Heli and transport dog tags to work on still and agree. It's just a matter of time.

Yeah, I played TDM and took out radio beacons and mortars mostly. Sometimes players wont even shoot at you if you are just blowing up equipment.

I'm almost done with my last assignment before the new ones become available. I think I only need to destroy 6 tanks with a helicopter.

I should be playing again in about a week after a 5 month Hiatus... What have I missed? (I know, I know, filthy skimmers...)

Actually, since you went on hiatus most people have stopped playing. I come back from time to time and I prefer to play the vanilla maps opposed to the Close Quarters and Armored Kill expansions.

Aftermath seems like it could be really cool, hopefully early December will be a great time to play.

Then hopefully a lot of people end up coming back for it Otherwise I need to get around to finding out what other people are playing now

I don't know where everyone else went. I downloaded Planetside 2 which is free to play but I have yet to join in because I'm playing it so I can join a friend. I'd say there are about 3-5 of us still playing although I rarely play with others anymore.

I know ranalin and a few others have been playing Medal of Honor Warfighter. I however won't be playing that game.

I still play occasionally? But I am kind of the opposite of Gimpy in terms of the stuff I play (that said I'd play whatever he plays if I ever saw him on when I was).

I took a pretty long break. And when I came back I was so out of touch with the meta movement/tactics that I felt totally lost playing Vanilla/B2K. Armored Kill is the thing I will very occasionally play, that or Close Quarters which runs the 3 maps that I know inside out. I don't often play CS:GO and haven't even purchased a COD since MW1, so I actually very much enjoy CQ style BF3 in my gaming rotation. I also think CQ gets too much slack, despite having been designed very well.

Bf3 is like 13 dollars or something ridiculous on Origin for PC right now.

Pikey26 wrote:

Bf3 is like 13 dollars or something ridiculous on Origin for PC right now.

I got it. Maybe some of you guys can show me the ropes over the weekend. Wife is going to be away.