Battlefield 3 Catch-All

Hmmmm
IMAGE(http://i.imgur.com/0XEDs.png)IMAGE(http://i.imgur.com/iYAZc.png)IMAGE(http://i.imgur.com/WQE9D.png)

Now, I could be wrong, but that image seems to have more red and green in it than blue. Well, I suppose DICE did say they weren't trying to be realistic.

MannishBoy wrote:
rrea4554 wrote:

Does this pic remind you guys of anything?

I want to pull out my rocket launcher and fire it into the upper floors to see how many pedestrians I can kill with the falling rubble.

that spot is usually where I bust out my L96 when bored and no one cares to go hunt down a sniper.

Scratched wrote:

Hmmmm
IMAGE(http://i.imgur.com/0XEDs.png)IMAGE(http://i.imgur.com/iYAZc.png)IMAGE(http://i.imgur.com/WQE9D.png)

Now, I could be wrong, but that image seems to have more red and green in it than blue. Well, I suppose DICE did say they weren't trying to be realistic.

Ha! Not really though-- your Mean and Median stats are all about the same, give or take. Plus, at least in Seine Crossing, it isn't overcast.

I plan on playing some BF3 or Borderlands 2 tonight. I plan on being drunk as well and I welcome all of you fine people to join me.

Gimpy_Butzke wrote:

I plan on playing some BF3 or Borderlands 2 tonight. I plan on being drunk as well and I welcome all of you fine people to join me.

I've been in vent waiting for you, manly man.

rrea4554 wrote:

Does this pic remind you guys of anything?

IMAGE(https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A4eAlEYCEAArvpm.jpg:large)

I find that a little unsettling. Next you'll be telling me Mass Effect really is the future and they have a time travelling Asari locked up in the pentagon.

This made me laugh, just a bit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRyUIslb4-Q#!

edit: The youtube tag doesn't like special characters.

You know, I still haven't played this since playing Skyrim. I feel like I should get back to this, but I just don't want to.

XCOM dropping this week means I'm probably not going to get back to this for a little while. Maybe I should just dedicate a day or something to it...

Too many games... not enough time...

I'm in the same boat BlackSabre. The fact that Armoured Kill hasn't exactly thrilled me doesn't help.

I can see me coming back to the game with Aftermath, Armoured Kill might be more palatable then as well, at the moment it seems like every server is loaded up with super-colonels that're kicking my butt in vehicle based combat, which I've just plain never been great at. There's just so much else I'm invested in at the moment, I'd rather not deal with the aggravation!

So Aftermath is more urban like warfare in a post earthquake Tehran? Any info on Endgame yet?

Redwing wrote:

I'm in the same boat BlackSabre. The fact that Armoured Kill hasn't exactly thrilled me doesn't help.

I can see me coming back to the game with Aftermath, Armoured Kill might be more palatable then as well, at the moment it seems like every server is loaded up with super-colonels that're kicking my butt in vehicle based combat, which I've just plain never been great at. There's just so much else I'm invested in at the moment, I'd rather not deal with the aggravation!

Yeah, I thought Armoured Kill would be more fun to be honest. The thing that annoyed me the most is that you have to play the new maps exclusively if you want the new toys. Again, I understand why, but it's annoying because I like the other maps too.

Maybe it was burn out too? Like I was playing this every day and it just gets a little repetitive. Especially if you get a bad night where you seem to be glowing for some reason on every damn server. Still, I know all it will take is one good night and I'll probably be hooked back in again... maybe.

I think the implementation of the AC130 kind of made me not as interested in AK. It just kind of doesn't fit.

It's not I don't like AK, it's just there is so much other stuff right now, I haven't gone out of my way to play it. Especially when I don't see anybody else on.

I'm in the same boat regarding not having played AK all that much. Mostly goes down to it just being that time of the year though.

Gunner wrote:

Mostly goes down to it just being that time of the year though.

Probably another big part of it is right there. So many awesome games to play that anything which isn't awesome (or as awesome) kinda gets left off to the side.

New server side changes (Link)

Mostly about gunship balancing, mini map management and stability fixes.

Gunship balance tweak in Rush mode
The Armored Kill gunship received major tweaks already in the last server update. We are now further tweaking it based on community feedback. It now only respawns after the attackers have destroyed an M-COM in Rush.

Rationale: The gunship has been a bit overpowered and spawning too fast in Rush, especially on servers running modified vehicle spawn times. This tweak makes the gunship only spawn for the attackers after each crate, except the initial spawn on round start. In effect, this means that after the gunship is destroyed, a new M-COM needs to be destroyed before the gunship can respawn at all.

Sounds good.

Higgledy wrote:

Gunship balance tweak in Rush mode
Sounds good.

Agreed

IMAGE(http://i.imgur.com/OfiRa.jpg)

MannishBoy wrote:

IMAGE(http://i.imgur.com/OfiRa.jpg)

That's... actually pretty cool. Where'd you find that?

So they're giving us crossbows? Are these Rambo style "take down a gunship" bolts?

I just hope they pin my enemies' corpses to the wall.

Redwing wrote:

-crossbow dudes pic-

That's... actually pretty cool. Where'd you find that?

Reddit. By one of the EA community managers.

New player heads. Confirmed.

Hmm, ending says "All-New crossbow" Not, "new weapons including crossbow"...

So one new weapon? Some new maps, new vehicles and some new assignments? Come on, that can't be it can it?

BlackSabre wrote:

Hmm, ending says "All-New crossbow" Not, "new weapons including crossbow"...

So one new weapon? Some new maps, new vehicles and some new assignments? Come on, that can't be it can it?

New game mode. I heard talk of a 4v4 mode where you actually pick up weapons from the map vs spawning with them, but I'm not sure if that's real or not.

But what you listed was basically what the last expansion was.

MannishBoy wrote:
BlackSabre wrote:

Hmm, ending says "All-New crossbow" Not, "new weapons including crossbow"...

So one new weapon? Some new maps, new vehicles and some new assignments? Come on, that can't be it can it?

New game mode. I heard talk of a 4v4 mode where you actually pick up weapons from the map vs spawning with them, but I'm not sure if that's real or not.

But what you listed was basically what the last expansion was.

The youtube notes state that there's a new 'scavenger' mode. You start with a pistol and have to get your gear from your surroundings.

ranalin wrote:

The youtube notes state that there's a new 'scavenger' mode. You start with a pistol and have to get your gear from your surroundings.

Didn't even look at that, but that's the rumblings I heard.

I wouldn't mind seeing CQD from CQ on bigger areas added, too. I think it would be less of a game of ring around the rosies if it was spread out a bit more.

BlackSabre wrote:

Hmm, ending says "All-New crossbow" Not, "new weapons including crossbow"...

So one new weapon? Some new maps, new vehicles and some new assignments? Come on, that can't be it can it?

Sounds like a nice expansion to me. There are plenty of existing weapons I still haven't really played much with.

Blog update, too.

Fight for survival in the new Scavenger mode
Inspired by the earthquake theme and setting, the new Scavenger mode is a frantic hunt for survival. A new concept to Battlefield, lost soldiers start equipped with only a knife, one grenade, and sidearm and must search the environment for more powerful weapons to increase their chance at surviving and eventually winning.

In Scavenger mode, weapons spawn in predetermined locations all over the map, so it pays to learn the map to stand a fighting chance. The particular weapons spawning at these points however have an element of randomness to them, so in order to survive a Scavenger round you will have to explore as much of the map as possible. Sticking together as a team means you might be able to keep enemies from claiming these few and valuable weapons that can turn the tide of a round.

This is not your ordinary Battlefield map. Can you find the hardware you need to survive in Scavenger mode in this post-earthquake setting?

In all other respects, Scavenger behaves like a Conquest game. That is, the two teams battle for control over a number of bases and need to bleed their opponent down to zero tickets. The addition of the desperate weapon situation at the start of the mode is further underlined by the scarcity of ammunition – most weapons that you find in the destroyed environment have only one mag available. In the aftermath of the earthquake, every shot counts. Apart from this new Battlefield experience, the expansion pack also supports all game modes from the base game plus the highly popular Gun Master mode originally introduced in Battlefield 3: Close Quarters

Can someone except my invite to the Premium Platoon?