NFL 2011 Week 9

TheGameguru wrote:

This team is not good enough to win against good teams though.. that is flat out the truth.. if you lose to the Eagles this year you are a bad team.

I feel the same way about the Titans this year. The fact that the bengals barely beat them does not bode well for Cincinatti in their future games.

The AFC North plays the AFC South and NFC West this year. Can you say "inflated record, followed by crash next year?"? Outside of SF and Houston, that looks like six pretty easy games (TN beat Baltimore, but their other three wins are Denver, Cleveland, and Indy, and they lost to Jacksonville during the Luke McCown Experience).

iaintgotnopants wrote:

For me, making fun of Tebow isn't about ripping on him it's about sticking it to his fans. It's the same reason I take so much pleasure in the Vikings losing. I really hate their fans.

So you hate Broncos fans or Florida fans (just curious which it is)?

sheared wrote:
iaintgotnopants wrote:

For me, making fun of Tebow isn't about ripping on him it's about sticking it to his fans. It's the same reason I take so much pleasure in the Vikings losing. I really hate their fans.

So you hate Broncos fans or Florida fans (just curious which it is)?

Also keep in mind that even in Denver, fans are split on Tebow.

Xeknos wrote:
sheared wrote:
iaintgotnopants wrote:

For me, making fun of Tebow isn't about ripping on him it's about sticking it to his fans. It's the same reason I take so much pleasure in the Vikings losing. I really hate their fans.

So you hate Broncos fans or Florida fans (just curious which it is)?

Also keep in mind that even in Denver, fans are split on Tebow.

I'm starting to get the vibe that the split on Tebow is three ways.

1. Hes one of us and we want him to succeed to the highest level.
2. The rational observers who cant get over his obvious flaws and are indifferent about who he is.
3. Hes one of them and we want him to fail miserably.

Obvious varying degrees in between. I guess the point I was getting at is if everyone would just trend to #2 we would be treating him much more like every other QB prospect that has come out.

anyways the newest football outsiders stats now firmly have Denver as an outside shot at a top 3 pick. Meaning although Tebow didn't play himself into a job his teammates have at the very least played the Broncos out of the Luck sweepstakes.

Xeknos wrote:
sheared wrote:
iaintgotnopants wrote:

For me, making fun of Tebow isn't about ripping on him it's about sticking it to his fans. It's the same reason I take so much pleasure in the Vikings losing. I really hate their fans.

So you hate Broncos fans or Florida fans (just curious which it is)?

Also keep in mind that even in Denver, fans are split on Tebow.

Which just mystifies me. Orton had already played the Broncos out of the playoffs. Quinn is a known quantity -- so much so that the Broncos have made no effort to keep him any longer than the end of this season. So if the fans are split, I can only assume they think the future of the Broncos is in the kid that is currently on the practice squad. Otherwise, they've got no other options.

The Broncos under Orton were kaput. At least now, the coaching staff (and the rest of the NFL) get to see what Tebow brings to the table. If Elway and Fox decide that despite what he does bring, he's not the guy, at least now other teams will know, and if someone wants that, there is a body of evidence to base a trade on.

This season was going nowhere. If there is a split in the Denver fanbase over what is going on now, it is for reasons other than Tebow being played at the QB for the rest of this season.