The Playstation Vita Catch-All

Blazblue has quite a high learning curve, but eventually how it works will click and you'll find it incredibly rewarding. My advice - Pick two combos for a single character (I suggest Ragna, Jin, or Noel to start) and commit those to muscle memory, then just play a bunch of rounds and try to execute those combos. You'll rapidly get a feel for how to approach, how to keep pressure on, how to defend, etc. The challenges for each character are good for finding possible combos, but they don't do much to help you with how to actually win a round. Definitely go through the whole tutorial, and the intros for each character, if you haven't already.

PSN Gamers Choice Award winners were announced today. Some good stuff in there, including Chrono Trigger, Angry Birds (for the 2 people in the world who don't have it), and Dissidia 012 for 30% off (50% for PS+) this week.

obirano wrote:

Played a bit of Uncharted during lunch. This device is quite impressive. I'm planning on picking up Hot Shots tonight and look forward to beating some scores. I ended up with the 8 gig card since I'm pretty cheap. Should be enough for the moment. I'm wanting to get a good fighting game, but not sure which one so far. Also, The Show interests me as I haven't played a baseball game in years.

Don't forget the free Motorstorm RC game!

Edit:

I am David, destroyer of Motorstorm RC rankings.

I will probably get MHP3. Although if you still have to go through X-Link Kai or local multi-player only then I will pass on it for sure.

I can live with 4 player lobbies because I imagine I'll only play with Goodjers and other friends.

I too wish they would release the series on consoles consistently with a stable online component. I actually see no reason not to because fans of the series would very likely buy an upscaled version that they could play through PSN.

Aside from not having L2 and R2 buttons the Vita seems like the best platform to release a MH game on.

Motorstorm is pretty awesome. It is really brilliant how well integrated your friends list is. Becausemit is semi-public info, I feel compelled to keep racing to improve my times.

I need to quit playing and try The Show.

Dissidia 012 for $20 is a great deal, for anybody who likes arena style action RPG games.

ahrezmendi wrote:

Dissidia 012 for $20 is a great deal, for anybody who likes arena style action RPG games.

\

What are some examples of that genre? Don't think I've played one. . . .

Apologies for linking to the a-hole of the Internet known as NeoGAF but wow. All those other Vita announcements Game apparently leaked? A 4Chan stunt. And several major gaming outlets fell for it. Journalism!

It's basically Power Stone with character leveling, equipment, and ability customization. Here's a video of a battle:

Parallax Abstraction wrote:

Apologies for linking to the a-hole of the Internet known as NeoGAF but wow. All those other Vita announcements Game apparently leaked? A 4Chan stunt. And several major gaming outlets fell for it. Journalism!

Oh well. The only thing I really want that's anywhere in the ballpark of those rumors is an updated version of the PSP GTA games that lets me use the right stick for a camera and a version of Monster Hunter that uses the current online infrastructure.

DSGamer wrote:
Parallax Abstraction wrote:

Apologies for linking to the a-hole of the Internet known as NeoGAF but wow. All those other Vita announcements Game apparently leaked? A 4Chan stunt. And several major gaming outlets fell for it. Journalism!

Oh well. The only thing I really want that's anywhere in the ballpark of those rumors is an updated version of the PSP GTA games that lets me use the right stick for a camera and a version of Monster Hunter that uses the current online infrastructure.

Yeah, I have to admit I was also disappointed to hear about there not being a GTA. An HD collection for the Vita I would buy in a heartbeat.

SuperDave wrote:

I am David, destroyer of Motorstorm RC rankings.

How come I don't see your rankings but I got you on my friends list?

EDIT: Oh, NOW I see you

*%?$!, my precious records! must ... beat... you!

interstate78 wrote:
SuperDave wrote:

I am David, destroyer of Motorstorm RC rankings.

How come I don't see your rankings but I got you on my friends list?

I have no clue.

Edit:

interstate78 wrote:

EDIT: Oh, NOW I see you

*%?$!, my precious records! must ... beat... you!

Mwahahaha. *twirls mustache*

Didn't realize one needed a different kind of stylus but you can make one with antistatic film or just buy one. Might be a fun diy project.

Ugh. Regarding MBL 12 The Show... You can't download cloud saves on 3G. So I have this 3G Vita for which I pay service and I assume at the very least this means I can take advantage of functionality like this on the go. No. It requires WiFi.

Sony, slowly inching their way towards online parity with Microsoft of 2007.

DSGamer wrote:

Ugh. Regarding MBL 12 The Show... You can't download cloud saves on 3G. So I have this 3G Vita for which I pay service and I assume at the very least this means I can take advantage of functionality like this on the go. No. It requires WiFi.

Sony, slowly inching their way towards online parity with Microsoft of 2007.

I hate when phones do this too. Good thing you have a 4G connection when anything big requires WiFi.

SixteenBlue wrote:
DSGamer wrote:

Ugh. Regarding MBL 12 The Show... You can't download cloud saves on 3G. So I have this 3G Vita for which I pay service and I assume at the very least this means I can take advantage of functionality like this on the go. No. It requires WiFi.

Sony, slowly inching their way towards online parity with Microsoft of 2007.

I hate when phones do this too. Good thing you have a 4G connection when anything big requires WiFi.

You mean tethering to my phone? Yeah, but it's a bit silly to have to turn on tethering, make sure the Vita is picking it up, etc. Hardly as magical as Sony made it out to be.

DSGamer wrote:
SixteenBlue wrote:
DSGamer wrote:

Ugh. Regarding MBL 12 The Show... You can't download cloud saves on 3G. So I have this 3G Vita for which I pay service and I assume at the very least this means I can take advantage of functionality like this on the go. No. It requires WiFi.

Sony, slowly inching their way towards online parity with Microsoft of 2007.

I hate when phones do this too. Good thing you have a 4G connection when anything big requires WiFi.

You mean tethering to my phone? Yeah, but it's a bit silly to have to turn on tethering, make sure the Vita is picking it up, etc. Hardly as magical as Sony made it out to be.

Oh, haha, that's actually a good work around but, no, I just meant I can't download certain apps or data from certain apps on my phone without being on WiFi despite the fact that phones often have fast connections now. I hate it.

DSGamer wrote:

Ugh. Regarding MBL 12 The Show... You can't download cloud saves on 3G.

This is silly, how big are the save files?

Monster Hunter Portable 3 coming to the Playstation Vita

EDIT:

False alarm. The announcement is fake.

Mr GT Chris wrote:

Definitely good news because Vita is currently dead in the water in Japan. Hope there is an announcement for MH4 soon.

That turned out to be fake. I've since updated my post.

I'm afraid that news has been debunked. Was the link in this thread? . . .

EDIT: Scooped again!

Definitely good news because Vita is currently dead in the water in Japan. Hope there is an announcement for MH4 soon.

Edit: oh bummer about the news being debunked. Still, I think it's likely that there will be a port at some point.

Thanks updated, my post. Oh well.

Finished Uncharted on Normal difficulty. Thoroughly enjoyable with only 2 levels that I found annoying. One is about chapter 10 or so, where you are being shot at and have to escape but can't shoot back. The camera pulls back and it is awkward to both see where to move and actually go there. Took quite a few reloads to get through that area. And another similar type event near the end of the game (timed run, but without being shot at). That one was much shorter and thus easier.

I still have more than half of the collectable items left to find, and while I'm not a completionist in that way, I do feel like I want to run through this on hard at some point and looking for stuff makes it just a little bit more appealing.

SuperDave wrote:
Mr GT Chris wrote:

Definitely good news because Vita is currently dead in the water in Japan. Hope there is an announcement for MH4 soon.

That turned out to be fake. I've since updated my post.

That's ok. I wasn't super excited about any of those titles. ROLL AGAIN.

Yeah, I'm not that interested in the MH universe or lore either. But it would do a lot for hardware sales in Japan which would lead to other companies developing games for Vita that I would be interested in.

Numbers from Japan continue to look ugly this week but the PS3 somehow gets a big bump (from a One Piece Musou game?!):
3DS 70,744
PS3 65,116
PSP 15,715
Vita 10,023
Wii 8,111

So I picked up the show and its really fun, If anyone wants to play add me Lothars on the vita/psn

I'm considering deleting most of you guys from my friends list, because of your Motorstorm RC lap times... What a fun racing game, I played a bunch of races. And although I did get silver or gold on most races, the game insists on telling me how much I suck compared to my friends. It's such a nice pickup&play racing game, had I known this would be free, I wouldn't have bought Wipeout as my full game at launch. (The deal I went for was a free 8GB memory card with Vita console and a retail game.) I haven't played Wipeout much at all, I should give it some more attention, but between Lumines, Motorstorm and Mutant Blobs, it got the short end of the stick...)

estorino wrote:

It's such a nice pickup&play racing game, had I known this would be free, I wouldn't have bought Wipeout as my full game at launch. I haven't played Wipeout much at all, I should give it some more attention, but between Lumines, Motorstorm and Mutant Blobs, it got the short end of the stick...)

Tuesday I bought Unit 13, Street Fighter X Tekken, Mass Effect 3, MLB 12

... but I spent the last two days playing Motorstorm RC, a game I got for free