The Playstation Vita Catch-All

Ooohhh, music while playing? Didn't know that was an option.

cyrax wrote:

Sony's First Edition case has served its purpose well enough. It does have a separate flap that was designed too long. I almost always have to move the thing myself if I want to access the other side of the case.

I've purchased 5 games for the system: Mutant Blobs Attack!, Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together, Ys: The Oath of Felghana, Crush, and Prinny 2: Dawn of Operation Panties, Dood! I'm really disappointed the music app can't run during PSP emulation, I'd love to listen to podcasts while playing, as I've been doing with MBA!.

How much are old PSP games on the PSN store? The PSN website doesn't list prices.

I've seen it range from $6 to $30, depending on the publisher. Most are $10 or $15. Keep in mind Sony's limited titles that are currently backward compatible.

SixteenBlue wrote:

Ooohhh, music while playing? Didn't know that was an option.

I thought about this for the sake of getting "Shining" into Lumines. I'd also like to get songs from previous FIFA editions into the EA Trax.

There is free money to be had there, DLC purveyors. I will pay to play the original Shining skin.

DSGamer wrote:
SixteenBlue wrote:

Ooohhh, music while playing? Didn't know that was an option.

I thought about this for the sake of getting "Shining" into Lumines. I'd also like to get songs from previous FIFA editions into the EA Trax.

There is free money to be had there, DLC purveyors. I will pay to play the original Shining skin.

Wipeout does not seem to support using your own music, either.

There's even a mini-player integrated into the Vita's quick menu. Hold down the PS button for two seconds and you have some options they probably found out needed to be accessible quickly.

Here's some other good tips.

Well, Lumines is growing on me. I discovered the shorter game modes like 30 sec challenge or 5 song playlist. Much better than the main game mode IMO. I like bite-sized pieces.

I can't quite figure out the scoreboard though. I have a score on the main menu page, but on the leaderboard that you can access, I can't find myself. And my world block contribution is 0 because the block was destroyed before I got my blocks sent in. How 'bout a new block for us to chip away at? I feel left out. Perhaps they can consider making a bigger one.

Trigger pulled.

Oh god. When I went to buy SSX at Best Buy they had a returned Vita for $199.99 and I basically got into a 15 minute argument in the parking lot with myself before finally deciding not to get it yet.

kuddles wrote:

Oh god. When I went to buy SSX at Best Buy they had a returned Vita for $199.99 and I basically got into a 15 minute argument in the parking lot with myself before finally deciding not to get it yet.

You should, it's pretty awesome.

The release of MLB alone next week makes buying my Vita worth it! I've always brainwashed myself into believing every system/console is worth the price of admission if I can link one great game to it...Didn't stop me from going gangbusters launch week (still have four titles I haven't put in the unit yet!). But so far I have NO REGRETS! Just worried that the analog sticks are gonna get wonky after a year of use!

-DCHAD

DSGamer wrote:
TheGameguru wrote:

I used content Manager to backup my 8GB Memory Card and restored it to the 32GB memory card.. it was surprisingly fast and completely painless. All I had to do was re-sign in once. All my downloaded content seemed fine as I launched a game no problem. Sony got this process down thankfully.. and they even have a Mac version of the software.

Thanks for reporting back with your experience, GameGuru. It's good to know that that works.

I don't know how easy it is to re-download titles from PSN if your running out of room on your memory card.. but I will give Sony more props here with this Content Manager software.. it was beyond easy for you to back up individual game titles to your PC as well.. you can then delete them off your memory card knowing that down the road its real easy to then copy it back from the PC to the memory card.

In any case copying back a 845MB file using USB was far faster than downloading it in the first place so in that aspect its a better solution that re downloading.

I've had no issue re-downloading PSN purchases on my Vita. It works just like on PS3, go to your purchase history, and there's a Download link for every item that can be downloaded to the Vita right beside it.

My heart yearns for Journey on Vita. Yearns, I say!

Possible noise about Binding of Isaac on Vita. I love the game and it seems like a good fit for the platform.

grobstein wrote:

Possible noise about Binding of Isaac on Vita. I love the game and it seems like a good fit for the platform.

/crosses fingers...

Would be an instant purchase.

TheGameguru wrote:
grobstein wrote:

Possible noise about Binding of Isaac on Vita. I love the game and it seems like a good fit for the platform.

/crosses fingers...

Would be an instant purchase.

Totally, I wouldn't have to play with the keyboard, break out my xbox pad, or be annoyed with the fact that the save's not in the cloud. On the other hand, Isaac games can get really long. It'd be great if he could program auto-saves between rooms, and hard-saves between floors.

I know the iPhone and Android kind of fill this niche, but for independent games where it would be nice to have physical controls, I'd like it if Sony became the default landing spot after PC. I wouldn't mind.

DSGamer wrote:

I know the iPhone and Android kind of fill this niche, but for independent games where it would be nice to have physical controls, I'd like it if Sony became the default landing spot after PC. I wouldn't mind.

And the bite-sized nature of most indie titles fit well on the go.

cyrax wrote:
TheGameguru wrote:
grobstein wrote:

Possible noise about Binding of Isaac on Vita. I love the game and it seems like a good fit for the platform.

/crosses fingers...

Would be an instant purchase.

Totally, I wouldn't have to play with the keyboard, break out my xbox pad, or be annoyed with the fact that the save's not in the cloud. On the other hand, Isaac games can get really long. It'd be great if he could program auto-saves between rooms, and hard-saves between floors.

So far though I've been impressed with Sleep mode on the Vita.. it doesnt seem to drain the battery that quick at all.. I've been in sleep mode off and on and its still chuggin along.

TheGameguru wrote:
cyrax wrote:
TheGameguru wrote:
grobstein wrote:

Possible noise about Binding of Isaac on Vita. I love the game and it seems like a good fit for the platform.

/crosses fingers...

Would be an instant purchase.

Totally, I wouldn't have to play with the keyboard, break out my xbox pad, or be annoyed with the fact that the save's not in the cloud. On the other hand, Isaac games can get really long. It'd be great if he could program auto-saves between rooms, and hard-saves between floors.

So far though I've been impressed with Sleep mode on the Vita.. it doesnt seem to drain the battery that quick at all.. I've been in sleep mode off and on and its still chuggin along.

I agree. My 3DS would die by the end of every day, regardless of what I did. The Vita goes for days so far.

DSGamer wrote:

I agree. My 3DS would die by the end of every day, regardless of what I did.

If you haven't sold it and it's still an issue, turn off streetpass. I remember you moved to a city, I live in the burbs and never get any streetpasses. My 3DS sleeps fine for 3 days next to my bed. Even if you aren't actually getting the pings, it'll try if they're within range and that drains it just as much.

TheGameguru wrote:
cyrax wrote:
TheGameguru wrote:
grobstein wrote:

Possible noise about Binding of Isaac on Vita. I love the game and it seems like a good fit for the platform.

/crosses fingers...

Would be an instant purchase.

Totally, I wouldn't have to play with the keyboard, break out my xbox pad, or be annoyed with the fact that the save's not in the cloud. On the other hand, Isaac games can get really long. It'd be great if he could program auto-saves between rooms, and hard-saves between floors.

So far though I've been impressed with Sleep mode on the Vita.. it doesnt seem to drain the battery that quick at all.. I've been in sleep mode off and on and its still chuggin along.

Right, but my statement was more a comment on the fact that you can't switch between games like you can apps, so you'd have to finish your long Isaac game before playing anything else.

Ahh that's a fair point...maybe there can be a suspend to disk type feature so while you can't die and restore to a save point you do get the option to play other games and come back

TheGameguru wrote:

Ahh that's a fair point...maybe there can be a suspend to disk type feature so while you can't die and restore to a save point you do get the option to play other games and come back

That was something Nintendo definitely got right with their Gameboy emulator on 3DS.

Sony has a live streaming event scheduled for the 9th

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/03/01/so...

So after hearing some long-delayed buzz I was thinking of picking up P3P this morning -- but it's still $40 on PSN! A two-year-old PSP RPG, priced higher than the Vita launch titles. =(

grobstein wrote:

So after hearing some long-delayed buzz I was thinking of picking up P3P this morning -- but it's still $40 on PSN! A two-year-old PSP RPG, priced higher than the Vita launch titles. =(

Yeah. To Sony is incompetent at running an online service is putting it lightly. I know that the publishers have more control, etc. but it seems like it's pretty simple. Sell 10 copies (on scale) at $40 or 100 copies at $10. Which is better?

This isn't Sony, it's Atlus. P3P is still $40 MSRP, and likely will be for a while. Atlus titles don't drop in price very quickly, and they don't go on sale very often.

ahrezmendi wrote:

This isn't Sony, it's Atlus. P3P is still $40 MSRP, and likely will be for a while. Atlus titles don't drop in price very quickly, and they don't go on sale very often.

Atlus has actually put all of their PSP PSN games on sale multiple times in the past year or so. Sales are so infrequent on the PSN that I might actually say Atlus has the best record of them.

$40 for P3P in 2012 is pretty ridiculous though. While it's totally worth that much, it should definitely be less by now.

Vita is here and gorgeous. I picked up Super Stardust, Monster Hunter, and FFT. Find me online this evening!