The Playstation Vita Catch-All

interstate78 wrote:

WRC3 ?

is that available in US/Canada?

I am not sure what regions it's out in, I assumed it would be out world wide. I get the add popping up every time I go on the store.

SuperDave wrote:

EDF is awesome, stupid fun.

awesome stupid worth 40 dollars fun though? I am not sure even the other EDF games were worth that much.

Cobble wrote:
SuperDave wrote:

EDF is awesome, stupid fun.

awesome stupid worth 40 dollars fun though? I am not sure even the other EDF games were worth that much.

This is my first EDF, and I'm sick, so my opinion is a little clouded. I would play the sh*t out of this online though.

WRC3 is not available in the states, which is unfortunate, because I would love to play a good portable rally game. Vita games are region free, no? I may have to look at importing.

Duffman wrote:

WRC3 is not available in the states, which is unfortunate, because I would love to play a good portable rally game. Vita games are region free, no? I may have to look at importing.

That's a weird one, wonder why they haven't released it over there even if it was just on the store...?

Just another one of the many, many mysteries of the US PSN store.

Rally BS and alien bug 2006 games are insignificant in the face of CORPSE PARTY: BOOK OF SHADOWS. Go, buy!

EDF 4-player co-op is working like a dream. I'm really enjoying this purchase.

Whoo! Wake Up Club rank #1 right here, baby! WAKE UP SO GOOD!

psoplayer wrote:

Whoo! Wake Up Club rank #1 right here, baby! WAKE UP SO GOOD!

I'm #4. Dang. And it was all because I was just admiring the alarm.

I played through every non-iOS Assassin's Creed game to date including the horrible PSP release. Assassin's Creed III: Liberation is the first to piss me off enough to walk away.

Any other developer that wants to shoehorn camera use into their game by making me get out of bed to turn on a light and point the rear camera at said light can kindly f*ck off.

DSGamer wrote:
psoplayer wrote:

Whoo! Wake Up Club rank #1 right here, baby! WAKE UP SO GOOD!

I'm #4. Dang. And it was all because I was just admiring the alarm.

How do you tell what # you are? Took me 38 seconds, and that was with three other alarms going off. Not kidding. Well, at least I can say I got up on time for once in a month.

I love the feature of taunting the other lazy heads in your group. For how simple this app is, I'm surprised it took 9 months to localize. They must've been dealing with rights management for the different game styled clocks. If so, I wish they would've just released the app with Sony properties, then included others as DLC.

cyrax wrote:
DSGamer wrote:
psoplayer wrote:

Whoo! Wake Up Club rank #1 right here, baby! WAKE UP SO GOOD!

I'm #4. Dang. And it was all because I was just admiring the alarm.

How do you tell what # you are? Took me 38 seconds, and that was with three other alarms going off. Not kidding. Well, at least I can say I got up on time for once in a month.

I love the feature of taunting the other lazy heads in your group. For how simple this app is, I'm surprised it took 9 months to localize. They must've been dealing with rights management for the different game styled clocks. If so, I wish they would've just released the app with Sony properties, then included others as DLC.

Yeah, I would have possibly paid $0.99 for the Tokyo Jungle theme that I'm starting with... maybe.

After you've successfully turned off the alarm it has the names of all the people in your "club" scrolling across the bottom of the screen, numbered in the order that you got up in. I had no idea what I was doing and couldn't even read the instructions... just mashing at the screen until I win. 360noscoped

After my eyes started working properly I stopped to look at the trophies. They really want you in this for the long haul.

I'm gonna have to start using that alarm thing. I didn't realize it was out. I'm sad that they still haven't patched the Skype app. I have to leave it running in the background and it tends to freeze the unit, requiring a reset.

I've been neglecting my Vita lately just because I'm on a PC kick these days. I'll get back to it eventually.

psoplayer wrote:

Yeah, I would have possibly paid $0.99 for the Tokyo Jungle theme that I'm starting with... maybe.

I would have. Easily. I got really jacked when I saw that. Can I get a Dark Souls theme?

psoplayer wrote:

After you've successfully turned off the alarm it has the names of all the people in your "club" scrolling across the bottom of the screen, numbered in the order that you got up in. I had no idea what I was doing and couldn't even read the instructions... just mashing at the screen until I win. 360noscoped

After my eyes started working properly I stopped to look at the trophies. They really want you in this for the long haul.

I think they won. At least with me. I charge my Vita, typically, near where my cell phone charges. Today I'm buying a cradle to charge it by my bedside. Well played, Sony.

Between that and the Philips Hue (the lights turn on as an alarm) I may ditch my traditional alarm clock soon.

psoplayer wrote:

Yeah, I would have possibly paid $0.99 for the Tokyo Jungle theme that I'm starting with... maybe.

Good thing you didn't tell Sony beforehand, because it's their property.

RoughneckGeek wrote:

I played through every non-iOS Assassin's Creed game to date including the horrible PSP release. Assassin's Creed III: Liberation is the first to piss me off enough to walk away.

Any other developer that wants to shoehorn camera use into their game by atmaking me get out of bed to turn on a light and point the rear camera at said light can kindly f*ck off.

While those parts suck, they are also broken, in a good way. If you just leave the system alone for a bit, less than a minute, it reveals the image. I also found out that it depends on how dark the room is. When I'm playing in my dark bedroom, pointing the Vita at the TV is enough.

This week Sony started giving away PS mobile games. They are supposedly doing it for the next six weeks. This weeks game is Samurai Beatdown.

I hope they give away Velocity. It's getting a re- release in native Vita resolution, and I would like to try the mobile version now.

EverythingsTentative wrote:

This week Sony started giving away PS mobile games. They are supposedly doing it for the next six weeks. This weeks game is Samurai Beatdown.

I hope they give away Velocity. It's getting a re- release in native Vita resolution, and I would like to try the mobile version now.

It's a mini, not mobile.

cyrax wrote:
EverythingsTentative wrote:

This week Sony started giving away PS mobile games. They are supposedly doing it for the next six weeks. This weeks game is Samurai Beatdown.

I hope they give away Velocity. It's getting a re- release in native Vita resolution, and I would like to try the mobile version now.

It's a mini, not mobile.

EverythingsTentative wrote:
RoughneckGeek wrote:

I played through every non-iOS Assassin's Creed game to date including the horrible PSP release. Assassin's Creed III: Liberation is the first to piss me off enough to walk away.

Any other developer that wants to shoehorn camera use into their game by atmaking me get out of bed to turn on a light and point the rear camera at said light can kindly f*ck off.

While those parts suck, they are also broken, in a good way. If you just leave the system alone for a bit, less than a minute, it reveals the image. I also found out that it depends on how dark the room is. When I'm playing in my dark bedroom, pointing the Vita at the TV is enough.

Hasn't worked that way for me. I've actually gotten out of bed, turned on the light and fiddled with the game for >5 minutes and it still failed to let me progress. I'm done with the game for good.

After seeing RNG's anger at AC3:L I decided to fire my copy up to see if it was worth keeping. I've not seen any of the light-required bits yet, but the game seems really half-rate coming right out of AC3. Particularly the animations. Aveline does a lot of unnatural gliding toward and away from targets when countering, and quite frequently the character models are visibly not touching when you're landing hits. It's jarring. I'll give it a few more hours to see if it sticks.

DSGamer wrote:
psoplayer wrote:

Yeah, I would have possibly paid $0.99 for the Tokyo Jungle theme that I'm starting with... maybe.

I would have. Easily. I got really jacked when I saw that. Can I get a Dark Souls theme?

psoplayer wrote:

After you've successfully turned off the alarm it has the names of all the people in your "club" scrolling across the bottom of the screen, numbered in the order that you got up in. I had no idea what I was doing and couldn't even read the instructions... just mashing at the screen until I win. 360noscoped

After my eyes started working properly I stopped to look at the trophies. They really want you in this for the long haul.

I think they won. At least with me. I charge my Vita, typically, near where my cell phone charges. Today I'm buying a cradle to charge it by my bedside. Well played, Sony.

Between that and the Philips Hue (the lights turn on as an alarm) I may ditch my traditional alarm clock soon.

I use a traditional alarm clock at home, but over time I've gotten too used to it, so I'll frequently hit snooze and go back to bed... a few times. Not a great habit to be in. However, for those times when I absolutely need to wake up on time very early in the morning (to catch a plane/train/automobile), I've managed to train myself to snap awake instantly as soon as I hear my cell phone alarm, regardless of the time or how much sleep I've gotten, but that's more a function of the relative rarity at which I've needed to use it. I suspect I'll have a similar reaction to this game, so to all you suckers on my friends list -- you have no chance of waking up faster than me!

Blind_Evil wrote:

After seeing RNG's anger at AC3:L I decided to fire my copy up to see if it was worth keeping. I've not seen any of the light-required bits yet, but the game seems really half-rate coming right out of AC3. Particularly the animations. Aveline does a lot of unnatural gliding toward and away from targets when countering, and quite frequently the character models are visibly not touching when you're landing hits. It's jarring. I'll give it a few more hours to see if it sticks.

I was enjoying AC:L while playing it, but since I got hit by the Sequence 5 save corrupt bug I can't bring myself to start over again. Because of this, it gains the dishonorable spot of being the 2nd game on Vita that I regret paying for, the first being Little Deviants. In AC:Ls defense, it's nowhere near as terrible as Little Deviants, but that's not a strong defense.

Were there less to play I might go back to it, but it came out just before a slew of great Vita games (P4G, New Little King's Story, Retro City Rampage, Playstation All-Stars), so combine that with the fact that the game shipped with a save-corrupting bug that once fixed requires you to completely start over and you've got a recipe for something that is highly unlikely to get another shot.

merphle wrote:

I use a traditional alarm clock at home, but over time I've gotten too used to it, so I'll frequently hit snooze and go back to bed... a few times. Not a great habit to be in. However, for those times when I absolutely need to wake up on time very early in the morning (to catch a plane/train/automobile), I've managed to train myself to snap awake instantly as soon as I hear my cell phone alarm, regardless of the time or how much sleep I've gotten, but that's more a function of the relative rarity at which I've needed to use it. I suspect I'll have a similar reaction to this game, so to all you suckers on my friends list -- you have no chance of waking up faster than me!

I'm the exact same way on alarms I use regularly vs. infrequently. Probably had something to do with my #1 finish the first time around.

So as it turns out, in spite of having set the Wake Up Club alarm for every weekday, you still have to make sure the game is in the foreground and running on the vita before you go to bed or the alarm doesn't go off.

RoughneckGeek wrote:

I played through every non-iOS Assassin's Creed game to date including the horrible PSP release. Assassin's Creed III: Liberation is the first to piss me off enough to walk away.

Any other developer that wants to shoehorn camera use into their game by making me get out of bed to turn on a light and point the rear camera at said light can kindly f*ck off.

Wait... WHAT?!? Assassin's Creed does this too?!?

Sadly yes, and it's even more pointless than in Uncharted.

Persona 4 Golden is real good. More so than Persona 3 FES, which for some reason I could never sink my teeth into enough to get hooked.

Now I'm kicking myself for never unsealing my copy of the PS2 version.

That is all.

Does anyone have a copy of Disgaea they are looking to get rid of. I want to play it but not for $30. I would pay $15 for it, or trade. I only have cards for Mortal Kombat and Little Big Planet.