The Pinball Arcade Catch-All

Oh man, I loved Twilight Zone. That and "Addams Family", my 2 favorites.

Anyone know if there's a way to stop the multiball camera change in Medieval Madness? I find that really disruptive.

Ghostship wrote:

Anyone know if there's a way to stop the multiball camera change in Medieval Madness? I find that really disruptive.

I found that too and couldn't figure out a way... so I got myself used to playing at the furthest zoom level to minimize the impact.

Ghostship wrote:

Anyone know if there's a way to stop the multiball camera change in Medieval Madness? I find that really disruptive.

There is an option in the iOS version under the table menu to turn the multiball camera off.

Yeah, so I did some research. Apparently the DLC packs for 360 have been held up in cert and the release date is unknown.

Blah, not that I feel entitled to this, but I am a bit burnt out that it's apparently working great on other platforms -- the ones that I don't have.

necroyeti wrote:

Blah, not that I feel entitled to this, but I am a bit burnt out that it's apparently working great on other platforms -- the ones that I don't have.

I'm still waiting on the PC version. The mac version was finished somewhat recently I think, so hopefully it won't be much longer....

TheCounselor wrote:
Ghostship wrote:

Anyone know if there's a way to stop the multiball camera change in Medieval Madness? I find that really disruptive.

There is an option in the iOS version under the table menu to turn the multiball camera off.

By golly!
I would have sworn that that option wasn't there when I first started playing. And it was even turned off. Time to see if I can tolerate switching back to one of the other views.

The updates to the game on the 360 are still in limbo between certification and release. Hopefully soon. On other platforms it keeps chugging away.

I noticed they finally added Game Centre to the iOS version as well. This makes me happy as I hated playing the game without leaderboards and nothing is worth me signing up with Facebook. I'll have to reinstall this and grab the table packs for the iPad as well for when I'm treadmilling.

MaxShrek wrote:

The updates to the game on the 360 are still in limbo between certification and release. Hopefully soon. On other platforms it keeps chugging away.

I seem to recall they are delayed due to a crazy typo on the submission material, and it would cost big bucks to re-sub? Not sure where I heard that, it may have been here, it may not.

Parallax Abstraction wrote:

I noticed they finally added Game Centre to the iOS version as well. This makes me happy as I hated playing the game without leaderboards and nothing is worth me signing up with Facebook. I'll have to reinstall this and grab the table packs for the iPad as well for when I'm treadmilling.

Yeah!

So after successfully funding The Twilight Zone through Kickstarter, FarSight has started another one to get Star Trek: The Next Generation. As promised, since they went $15,000 over the last Kickstarter, they've put those proceeds toward this one so they only need to raise $45,000 instead of $60,000. This is one of my favourite pinball tables of all time so I immediately pitched in. I do hope that if they do more of these, they hire a better video producer though. I keep hearing that a slick video is key to traffic Kickstarter traffic and theirs are...basic.

The tiers are a bit different this time too. If you put in $20, you get a code to get the table for free on any two platforms of your choice. I play this both on the iPad and on my Vita (which buying a table on automatically get it for you on PS3 as well) so that was a great option to have. But you can also put in as little as $10 and still get it for free on one platform. They're already more than half way there with most of a month to go so I think they'll make it. I hope so, can't wait to play this table!

They seem to be having pretty decent success with this so I really hope they can keep the momentum going. Even though I already own all the tables available on iOS and PSN, I'll probably buy this game again on PC if they ever get that version out.

Their videos feel like they're from the 90's. I think they're kinda hilarious and I don't think the pinball crowd cares.

Rezzy wrote:
Ghostship wrote:

Anyone know if there's a way to stop the multiball camera change in Medieval Madness? I find that really disruptive.

I found that too and couldn't figure out a way... so I got myself used to playing at the furthest zoom level to minimize the impact.

Opposite for me.
It was zooming in on me. I had to get used to playing one zoom level in. Being about 6'-3", the furthest zoom is most like what I see when play pinball.

Twilight Zone was somehow in the inbetween for me. Either it wasn't routed when I was playing pinball, or it wasn't out yet.

STTNG was a big one, as was Adams Family. A summer job at a go-kart track during the last few years of HS, ensured that I got my time on serveral pinball tables. STTNG, Adams Family, and Gone Fishin probably got the most time.

Excited to see more favourites come to Pinball Arcade.

I also have to say how sad I am that I've never seen a Medieval Madness table. Best of the bunch for me.

Add me if you're playing on PSN. Either Boomaker, or Phil E Cheese. I think it's boomaker.

I've seen a Medieval Madness in arcades, but sadly most of the time they were sub-par quality or perched on a ridiculously high angle. Nice machine though. I love the Twilight Zone, especially the "Powerball!"

If you're playing on a device that's connected to the internet, are your scores collected and/or posted anywhere? Similarly, is there a place where universal high scores (across all platforms) are posted? I didn't see anything at the official site. I just played an amazing game on the Arabian Nights table on my Android tablet - just under 95,000,000 - and I'm curious to see how it compares to the highest recorded scores if it's possible.

MeatMan wrote:

If you're playing on a device that's connected to the internet, are your scores collected and/or posted anywhere? Similarly, is there a place where universal high scores (across all platforms) are posted? I didn't see anything at the official site. I just played an amazing game on the Arabian Nights table on my Android tablet - just under 95,000,000 - and I'm curious to see how it compares to the highest recorded scores if it's possible.

I think they use Facebook for that.

TheCounselor wrote:
MeatMan wrote:

If you're playing on a device that's connected to the internet, are your scores collected and/or posted anywhere? Similarly, is there a place where universal high scores (across all platforms) are posted? I didn't see anything at the official site. I just played an amazing game on the Arabian Nights table on my Android tablet - just under 95,000,000 - and I'm curious to see how it compares to the highest recorded scores if it's possible.

I think they use Facebook for that.

Not any more, at least not the same way. If you're on the Vita, the high scores are done through PSN, as they are on PS3. If you're on iOS, the scores are now done through both Game Center and a proprietary leaderboard system FarSight has created. There's actually a separate leaderboard on each and you can use them both at the same time. I think the FarSight system works on Android too. Your scores don't queue up though so if you aren't online when you attain a score, as far as I know it doesn't get posted. You can still post scores to your Facebook wall but I don't believe the leaderboards are tracked through it any more.

Turns out all I had to do was create a FarSight account, then login within the game. I can now see the leaderboards, which I assume lists both iOS and Android scores. I should've known better than to be proud of my measly ~95,000,000 on AN. The top 100 scores on the leaderboard were all over 1 billion points.

The billion scores could get scary with Star Trek TNG and The Machine. My Star Trek best was around 10 billion, The Machine was around 4 billion.

How the hell are the IAP grouped? The prices seem to be all over the place.

Anyone care to shed light, or point me in the direction of a comprehensive list? I've found nothing so far, but I did catch a whiff of free tables.

OK, did some poking around (opened up each on the iPad and read through the descriptor) and this is what I've found.

Tales of the arabian nights - HAVE

Ripley's Believe it or not - AUD 4.49

Black Hole - AUD 1.99

Theatre of Magic - AUD 2.99

Bride of Pinbot - Free this month with ads - AUD 2.99 - BoPB and MM Table Pack 1 AUD 5.49
Ye Olde Medieval Madness - AUD 2.99 - BoPB and MM Table Pack 1 AUD 5.49

Fun House - AUD 2.99 - FH and CV Table Pack 2 AUD 5.49
Cirqus Voltaire - AUD 2.99 - FH and CV Table Pack 2 AUD 5.49

GorGar - AUD 1.99 - GG and MB Table Pack 3 AUD 5.49
Monster Bash - AUD 4.49 - GG and MB Table Pack 3 AUD 5.49

Black Knight - AUD 1.99 - BK and CBL Table Pack 4 AUD 5.49
Creature from the Black Lagoon - AUD 4.49 - BK and CBL Table Pack 4 AUD 5.49

Wow, so all up, the cheapest I am going to get to 'fill' my collection would be AUD 31.43 to date... Might have to think about that one. I'm not a Table nut by any stretch of the imagination. Maybe just a few of the cheapies to scratch the itch while away from Zen on the Big screen.

There's a Zen Studios iOS game, as well that you might want to look into.

Pinball Arcade is pretty good, though. I enjoy it more than the Zen Studios one, but that may be because I'm better at the real tables than I am at the more fanciful ones.

Both Elvira tables are coming, as well as Star Trek TNG.

Im a sucker for Elvira (and scared stiff is my favorite table ... ok, one of several).

I was surprised to still see her out there, flogging the goods. I remember her late night horror flicks when I was a kid, and I'm not that young.

Born 1951? That's one good looking 60 year old!?!?

Cross-posting from the Greenlight thread....

PC version is now on Steam Greenlight: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...

Go vote!

Damn right! I'll be spreading the word about this. I'll re-buy this on PC with all available table packs immediately.

Parallax Abstraction wrote:

Damn right! I'll be spreading the word about this. I'll re-buy this on PC with all available table packs immediately.

I've actually dragged my heels on buying packs because while the iPad version is really good, I'd much rather be playing this with a controller in hand. So when this hits the PC I'm definitely dropping money their way.

shoptroll wrote:

Go vote!

Done! Only at "1%" progress towards being listed on Steam as I write this, but it's still in the first day; hopefully a lot more people will vote it up as they find out about it.

I'm late to the party -- just found out about PinballArcade myself. ST:TNG was my favorite table growing up, so I contributed to the Kickstarter -- well worth it for a chance to play that again, even virtually!

I tried playing Bride of Pinbot on my iPod Touch but found it to be pretty cramped, so I'm definitely looking forward to the PC version.

shoptroll wrote:

PC version is now on Steam Greenlight: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...

Now this version I'll buy. I wasn't impressed with playing it on the iPhone's small screen (and don't have an iPad).