Penguincon 2011: It was Fedorable

oilypenguin wrote:
drdoak wrote:

Why do you enable him? /foreheadslap

If I got Teneman to play...

I'd have thought you'd have seen enough of my brand of diplomacy by now

Teneman wrote:
oilypenguin wrote:
drdoak wrote:

Why do you enable him? /foreheadslap

If I got Teneman to play...

I'd have thought you'd have seen enough of my brand of diplomacy by now :D

Gah, he's always watching!

Also I figure if the two of us are lying and manipulating co-workers already, why not goodjers?

If I can find the means and time I would love to get to this.

tagged.

What's wrong with NYC? Over the course of my lifetime I've had the worst luck in OHIO. I've been known to add 8 or 10 hours to a drive just to avoid getting close. . . I know it would be different this time, of course it would, but I've fallen for line before. Oh, Ohio, trickster Goddess how you doth allure and terrify.

j.

Landshrk83 wrote:

Tagging- Cleveland is in driving range for me. I could be persuaded to bring some board games from my collection.

Holy crap, how much does the warehouse cost you to store all those games?

carrotpanic wrote:
oilypenguin wrote:

You want to negotiate? Negotiate.
You want to spy? Spy.
You want to get a foreign nation so drunk they can't get their turn in? Do it up.

What about noogies?

The threat of noogies is like...mutually assured destruction. It's logical end is a long, protracted cold war. You don't do noogies, you make certain your enemies know you can do noogies.

Tagged

I am in provided it is within driving distance of Syracuse an is not near August as that is when my baby is due. I also vote that we have in Ohio or some place where the hotels will not be super expensive (like they were in Boston at PAX).

MonoCheli wrote:

Tagged

I am in provided it is within driving distance of Syracuse an is not near August as that is when my baby is due. I also vote that we have in Ohio or some place where the hotels will not be super expensive (like they were in Boston at PAX).

It will almost certainly be in the greater Cleveland area. We are much cheaper than Boston, I promise.

Mono also expressed interest in our semi-regular get together. He has been added to the list.

oilypenguin wrote:

Mono also expressed interest in our semi-regular get together. He has been added to the list.

Wrong thread?

SuperDave wrote:
oilypenguin wrote:

Mono also expressed interest in our semi-regular get together. He has been added to the list.

Wrong thread?

I know. But he didn't post in there.

Lars wrote:
Landshrk83 wrote:

Tagging- Cleveland is in driving range for me. I could be persuaded to bring some board games from my collection.

Holy crap, how much does the warehouse cost you to store all those games? :)

I'm not quite to that point, but it's getting close. The collection is 2 large bookcases plus most of a walk-in closet (and growing).

I'm not sure if I can make a drive to Cleveland, but I am going to tag this thread anyway.

EriktheRed wrote:

I'm not sure if I can make a drive to Cleveland, but I am going to tag this thread anyway.

You might be able to latch on to Pyroman's bumper (doesn't he live in Lexington?).

There's a group that's coming up from there. Ask around.

The more car pools, the better.

carrotpanic wrote:
EriktheRed wrote:

I'm not sure if I can make a drive to Cleveland, but I am going to tag this thread anyway.

You might be able to latch on to Pyroman's bumper (doesn't he live in Lexington?).

Last time Pyro drove to my house and left his car. I drove from there, picking up a local friend and Trueheart on the way. It worked out pretty well, but if we're adding more people we'll want to discuss procuring a larger vehicle. I suggest stealing a full size van in Kentucky, crossing state lines and then dumping it in the river on the way back.

MonoCheli wrote:

Tagged

I am in provided it is within driving distance of Syracuse an is not near August as that is when my baby is due. I also vote that we have in Ohio or some place where the hotels will not be super expensive (like they were in Boston at PAX).

Maybe we can arrange a car pool- I'm in Syracuse as well.

Landshrk83 wrote:
Lars wrote:
Landshrk83 wrote:

Tagging- Cleveland is in driving range for me. I could be persuaded to bring some board games from my collection.

Holy crap, how much does the warehouse cost you to store all those games? :)

I'm not quite to that point, but it's getting close. The collection is 2 large bookcases plus most of a walk-in closet (and growing).

260 games is still like apprentice status around Boardgamegeek. There are a good number of people there with 500+ games. I am not one of them, thank goodness.

imbiginjapan wrote:
Landshrk83 wrote:
Lars wrote:
Landshrk83 wrote:

Tagging- Cleveland is in driving range for me. I could be persuaded to bring some board games from my collection.

Holy crap, how much does the warehouse cost you to store all those games? :)

I'm not quite to that point, but it's getting close. The collection is 2 large bookcases plus most of a walk-in closet (and growing).

260 games is still like apprentice status around Boardgamegeek. There are a good number of people there with 500+ games. I am not one of them, thank goodness.

I have 7 and I can't get anyone to play those; no need to get more!

If it's going to be an all weekend event, I'm interested.

BishopRS wrote:

If it's going to be an all weekend event, I'm interested.

It is, so you are.

Job Posting:

Wanted, webmaster for a website to coordinate all this nonsense. The site itself can be pretty simple and you'll have loads of design stuff already made to work with.

Oh, and I'm not paying you but I'd handle url registration and server space =) We might be able to work something out involving booze and/or admission (if I need to charge it).

Shoot me a PM if you're interested.

tagged

oilypenguin wrote:

Job Posting:

Wanted, webmaster for a website to coordinate all this nonsense. The site itself can be pretty simple and you'll have loads of design stuff already made to work with.

Oh, and I'm not paying you but I'd handle url registration and server space =) We might be able to work something out involving booze and/or admission (if I need to charge it).

Shoot me a PM if you're interested.

Maybe set something up on SquareSpace? I think they have a social widget for EventBrite or one of the other sites. Heck, maybe a Facebook page with the event hosted through it?

I veto Facebook as I don't have it, and am not going to reactivate my account.

We should just use something like Google Sites. Its free and easy and you can spread the responsibilities out amongst a few people.

Tigerbill wrote:

I veto Facebook as I don't have it, and am not going to reactivate my account.

ok, but I'm actually vetoing that since I don't have one.

L&L I understood very little of what you said, but I will look at those things.

And it will probably come to google sites, Erik, yes. Though i will still buy a domain name, most like.

Stealing the idea liberally from PAX, how about a IGWJD minecraft server set to run that weekend?

oilypenguin wrote:

Stealing the idea liberally from PAX, how about a IGWJD minecraft server set to run that weekend?

I'm Commander Shepard and I approve of this message.

oilypenguin wrote:

Stealing the idea liberally from PAX, how about a IGWJD minecraft server set to run that weekend?

Yes. Very yes.