Penguincon 2011: It was Fedorable

I'm definitely making beer next time so the left wing cleveland pinko commies let me compete.
I'll still make mead, but also beer for your plebian palettes.
/sarcasm

boogle wrote:

I'm definitely making beer next time so the left wing cleveland pinko commies let me compete.
I'll still make mead, but also beer for your plebian palettes.
/sarcasm

I had a glass of something that was poured out of a Colt 45 bottle. Was that mead?

Next year will be a barley wine competition, sorry.

I really hope I can arrange to make it next year, sounds like I missed an awesome weekend.

Elewis: yes. Also the evan williams bottles.

oilypenguin wrote:

Next year will be a barley wine competition, sorry.

Shhh, we weren't supposed to tell him until it was too late.

Hmmm, next year I might have to make a point to be there....

I still have an orphaned micro USB wall charger laying around. Anyone?

Congrats to Oily for pulling off another big event! I just listened to the goodjer day podcast and they gave you guys props. Sorry I missed it this year.

spedman wrote:

Congrats to Oily for pulling off another big event! I just listened to the goodjer day podcast and they gave you guys props. Sorry I missed it this year.

Oily pulled off a minor IGWJ day miracle! It sounds like everyone had an incredible time at Penguincon, and I'm not surprised having known some of the earliest plans he was putting out. Dude rocked it!

Thanks, guys, I appreciate the kind words.

I'm just thankful that I had a bunch of amazing people to do most of the work and that you guys came and had a good time.

HedgeWizard wrote:
spedman wrote:

Congrats to Oily for pulling off another big event! I just listened to the goodjer day podcast and they gave you guys props. Sorry I missed it this year.

Oily pulled off a minor IGWJ day miracle! It sounds like everyone had an incredible time at Penguincon, and I'm not surprised having known some of the earliest plans he was putting out. Dude rocked it!

The rest of the staff deserves equal praise.

FedoraMcQuaid wrote:
HedgeWizard wrote:
spedman wrote:

Congrats to Oily for pulling off another big event! I just listened to the goodjer day podcast and they gave you guys props. Sorry I missed it this year.

Oily pulled off a minor IGWJ day miracle! It sounds like everyone had an incredible time at Penguincon, and I'm not surprised having known some of the earliest plans he was putting out. Dude rocked it!

The rest of the staff deserves equal praise.

No. Not really. It was ALL Oily. He told me so himself.

Spoiler:

definitely, by all accounts the "penguin enforcers / penforcers / penisers ?" deserve a big thanks by the attendees too.

pensioners.

oilypenguin wrote:

pensioners.

Wow, you are growing as a person.

NSMike wrote:
oilypenguin wrote:

pensioners.

Wow, you are growing as a person.

No, he just misspelled penis.

BTW, who made the awesome yarn dice bags again? My wife was curious about the pattern.

LockAndLoad wrote:

BTW, who made the awesome yarn dice bags again? My wife was curious about the pattern. :)

That was Dave's friend. I should be talking to him this evening, I'll see if he can get it off his friend for you.

I pinged her a message. I don't know if it's something she created or got online.

EDIT:

Anyone interested in the dice bags PM me and I'll get you in contact with her.

Also, I have two Renegade Ops keys on steam I could gift people if they're looking to get a cheaper copy of the game. PM me for that too or get in contact with me on steam.

I'd like to alert Penguins to my book, "SF++ Science Fiction Stories for Linux Geeks".
While you can buy it for $4 at Amazon (Kindle), you can get it for free at my website www.frithrik.com (or www.frithrik.com/eb.htm to be redirected to my e-pubs page).
Many of the stories are reprints of my work in Analog Magazine, but some of them were even too geeky for Analog.

Wrong penguins, spammer.

Mr. Frithrik, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I've ever heard. At no point in your incoherent, rambling post were you even close to anything that could be considered a relevant thought. Everyone in this thread is now dumber for having read it.

I award you no points, and may Certis have mercy on your soul.

Oh shoot. Is the boss going to delete our thread now? I sure hope not.

The spammer actually reminded me, the second half of the fundraiser is currently under way.

Remember last year when Jake.Mix made those awesome posters? Well, bombsfall made this years.

We raised a grand with pencon, I'm hoping to crack 2k with the posters. Tell your friends! Buy some!

Novelty check maybe!

Sci-fi stories for Linux geeks? Are there tales about alternative mirror universes where instead of using an OS nobody plays games on there are other OSes that there are millions of games for? Actually, I guess those books would be considered high fantasy.

EDITED for safety

danke!

IMAGE(https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-tyKKPl6xGLk/TvyhziaePSI/AAAAAAAAApY/UIZXAGwV1pQ/s1004/Childsplay.JPG)

They actually just announced that they hit 2.96 million in donations.

Well done sir!

Think of how far that money could go if they bought stuff in the Steam sale.

carrotpanic wrote:

Think of how far that money could go if they bought stuff in the Steam sale.

The fuzzy hearted fool!