Android Games Catch-All

Thanks, I'll give those a try. I think I was one of the few who enjoyed the base-building in AC: Brotherhood, so that sounds especially intriguing.

dewalist wrote:

Thanks, I'll give those a try. I think I was one of the few who enjoyed the base-building in AC: Brotherhood, so that sounds especially intriguing.

I've been playing a game called Empires & Puzzles where you gain levels and build up a base, build up teams of heroes, and then attack things using a bejewled type matching game to destroy enemies. While you can raid other players and vice versa, there doesn't seem to be any harmful effect to losing, and you get metal and food for winning. The other players aren't actually there, so it's more like the computer uses their current team to play against yours and then they will get a message that so and so attacked and whether they won or lost. (You can also ignore this whole part entirely too.) For the most part, it's base building and you get a free hero summon every day.

bekkilyn wrote:

I've been playing a game called Empires & Puzzles where you gain levels and build up a base, build up teams of heroes, and then attack things using a bejewled type matching game to destroy enemies.

This looks interesting! I enjoyed Marvel Puzzle Quest for quite a while, and this seems to have a fair amount of depth and content. Thanks!

dewalist wrote:
bekkilyn wrote:

I've been playing a game called Empires & Puzzles where you gain levels and build up a base, build up teams of heroes, and then attack things using a bejewled type matching game to destroy enemies.

This looks interesting! I enjoyed Marvel Puzzle Quest for quite a while, and this seems to have a fair amount of depth and content. Thanks!

You're welcome! I came across it not long ago entirely by accident while trying to get free gold in some other game.

"Second" for Pocket City. My daughter and I both played it. Very reminiscent of classic Sim City. Kinda easy, maybe? Very chill, though.

Kingdom Rush Vengeance is down to $2.99. My buddy told me that all the complaints regarding IAP were unfounded as the base game has a ton of content and is actually a little easier than prior iterations. In other words the IAP stuff just makes you overpowered. I decided to take the jump.

EvilDead wrote:

Kingdom Rush Vengeance is down to $2.99. My buddy told me that all the complaints regarding IAP were unfounded as the base game has a ton of content and is actually a little easier than prior iterations. In other words the IAP stuff just makes you overpowered. I decided to take the jump.

I've been enjoying it without buying anything

i BOUGHT IT ALL! And I'm kinda ok with it. Well I figured it's about what I'd pay if it was on PC and had everything. So yeah, I'm a bad person, but it felt good. I enjoyed my time with all the heroes and the towers. Yes the game is beatable without those towers and heroes, but it's about the journey. I had a lot of fun and still do. My kids play it too so I don't see it as a bad investment.

Kingdom Rush has really been killing my work productivity this week. There is really a ton of content for the base price. I do wish there was some sort of save though as the 15+ wave rounds can take quite a bit of time.

Just got Pocket City for $1.99 based on your recommendations, thanks people.

EvilDead wrote:

Kingdom Rush has really been killing my work productivity this week. There is really a ton of content for the base price. I do wish there was some sort of save though as the 15+ wave rounds can take quite a bit of time.

Yeah, or a double-speed option we could turn on as wanted.

jigsawhc wrote:
EvilDead wrote:

Kingdom Rush has really been killing my work productivity this week. There is really a ton of content for the base price. I do wish there was some sort of save though as the 15+ wave rounds can take quite a bit of time.

Yeah, or a double-speed option we could turn on as wanted.

That would be great and probably easy to implement.

The iOS and Android ports of the Exploding Kittens game is $1. I've not played either the real world game or the mobile version.

MannishBoy wrote:

The iOS and Android ports of the Exploding Kittens game is $1. I've not played either the real world game.

I, for one, hope that none of us played the real world game!
/shudder

Running Man wrote:
MannishBoy wrote:

The iOS and Android ports of the Exploding Kittens game is $1. I've not played either the real world game.

I, for one, hope that none of us played the real world game!
/shudder

I am more of a dog person after all.

Got Meteorfall: Journeys this week. It was recommended here, but I guess not in this thread? I can't recall where now.

Pretty sweet deckbuilding roguelike game and just $4, with no IAP. Google sent me a $1 off coupon the other day for something so I used it on this.

I've been getting into card thief lately, nice relaxed fun for chilling.

Stele wrote:

Got Meteorfall: Journeys this week. It was recommended here, but I guess not in this thread? I can't recall where now.

Pretty sweet deckbuilding roguelike game and just $4, with no IAP. Google sent me a $1 off coupon the other day for something so I used it on this.

I picked it up a while back and thought I mentioned it here. I really enjoyed that game. It's sort of like Slay the Spire lite on the go. And $4 one-and-done is not at all bad for the amount of entertainment there.