This thread is specifically for signup to and discussion about the GWJFFLK, the one and only Fantasy Football Keeper League of Gamers with Jobs. For general fantasy football talk, please visit the catch-all thread. For the re-draft leagues, go here.
The GWJFFLK follows, as closely as possible, the rules of the World Championship of Online Fantasy Football. As much as the hosting website allows, we will conform to the official GWJFFL rules.
Significant highlights include:
Roster Requirements: Maximum of 20 players.
Starting lineups will consist of
1 Flex player (a RB or WR, or TE)
1 Team Defense/Special team
Point Calculations: Team scoring will be carried out to the hundredth (e.g. a team may score 94.75 points).
Free Agent Acquisitions/Blind Bidding: The free agent system will be a “blind bidding” process. Each team will start with $100 free agent “dollars” for the season, and will be permitted to bid for free agents on a weekly basis. No team will be informed of any other team’s free agent bids until after the winning bids have been awarded. A team owner will no longer be able to bid on free agents once their season long waiver wire cap of $100 has been reached.
For detailed scoring information and additional information regarding the free agent acquisition process (including examples), refer to the rules document.
[size=16]The GWJFFLK differs from the other GWJFFL leagues in a few, but significant, ways.[/size]
1. Registration: Since this is a keeper league, a consistent ownership base year-over-year is obviously one of the primary goals. Unfortunately, people sometimes have to leave for various reasons. As such, we welcome the expression of interest by potential new owners. Should any slots become available, the list of candidates will be presented to the returning owners who will "vote" on said candidates using a rank-order system. (Think college football ranking systems.) The candidates with the most points will be invited to join the league. The number of invitations obviously corresponds with the number of slots that are available. New owners will be offered, in the descending points order, their choice of rosters from the ones that were abdicated. If you are a new owner who desires to join the GWJFFLK, post in this thread telling us... well, anything you think will help your chances with our panel.
If you're a returning owner, simply post here to re-claim your team.
Registration will close at 23:59 CDT on Sunday, 8/14.
2. Draft: Unlike the other leagues, the GWJFFLK uses an auction draft system. The initial budget is $200. Additional information will be provided upon request.
3. Keepers: Only players that were on the roster at the end of the season are eligible to be kept. Since the GWJFFLK uses a dollar-based draft system as well as a dollar-based free agent acquisition system, the value of keepers are also determined by assigning a dollar value to them. Keeping players on the roster from the previous year will deduct from the initial draft budget for the current year. There is no limit to the number of keepers one team can keep as long as enough budget remains to fill out the rest of your roster at the draft. This means that you must have at least one dollar for each open slot on your roster.
The formula for determining the keeper value of a player is as follows: Acquisition cost + $0.25 for every week the player did not play in a game (on any GWJFFLK roster) the previous season + $1.00 for every GWJFFLK game the player played. The total is rounded up to the nearest whole dollar. Since we play a 16-week season, the minimum inflation amount is $4 for a player who did not play a GWJFFLK game all season. Acquisition cost is defined as follows.
- For any player acquired via the draft that remained on a roster for the entire season (this includes players that were drafted and traded without ever being cut), the base value is their draft price
- For any player that was drafted and subsequently cut, the base value is the average of their initial draft price and the last price paid for the player through the blind bidding free agent acquisition process.
- For any player that went undrafted, the base value is simply the the free agent bid amount.
Although not necessary in the initial post to re-claim your team, once you've declared your intent, returning owners please be sure to post which players you intend to keep and their keeper value according to your calculations based on the information above. Everyone else, please help out by checking their math.
* The official GWJFFL rules (To be followed as much as the league website allows.)
* Registration log and team list (Still has 2010 data in it. Will be updated shortly.)