NFL 2011 Week 1

Jayhawker wrote:
This is not going to be a pretty season for the Chiefs. Injuries are piling up, and today was about as easy as their schedule was going to get. Ugh!

Autodraft gave me their defense in my non-GWJ league. I figured it was the Bills, so I'd keep them for a week at least. Dropping them now.

San Diego's special teams coordinator better start updating his resume.

Psych wrote:
Loving this Bears game so far! Noticed no one else seemes to be mentioning it though.

I was flipping back and forth to it. Man, I didn't expect the Falcons to look so flat. Glad to see Cutler do well. I've liked him since he was here in Denver, sourpuss face and all. He looked much more comfortable in the offense already and I'm flying high on Forte in my non-ppr league. Wish I had him in a PPR league, but alas.

This is my first season with the RedZone channel and I must say that I am in LOVE with it. It is truly a beautiful thing.

oldmanscene24 wrote:
This is my first season with the RedZone channel and I must say that I am in LOVE with it. It is truly a beautiful thing.

Now if only the sat feeds from FOX didn't keep cutting out.

I can't tell if the Titans offense was that bad, the Jags defense was that good, or it was both combined.

PS: Hey Indy, there's a reason we let Kerry Collins retire, lulz.

Douche Face is jawing at Norv Turner. Classic.

Gumbie wrote:
I can't tell if the Titans offense was that bad, the Jags defense was that good, or it was both combined.

PS: Hey Indy, there's a reason we let Kerry Collins retire, lulz.

Collins had nothing to do with that awful showing. Tom Brady at QB couldn't have changed the outcome of that game.

TD 49ers!

Crappy little text gamecast, but hey, better than nothing.

MilkmanDanimal wrote:
By the time they played Detroit last year, both starting DTs, the SLB, the FS, the FS' replacement, and the team's best CB were all on IR (OK the FS was suspended for drug use, but still out). It was a horribly injured team, and they still barely lost. Again, more than 60% of the yardage was to CJ, and yes, I absolutely believe Aqib Talib can cover Calvin Johnson or anybody else. He may be a moron off the field (there's no "may", he's a moron), but he has impressive skills on the field.

Also, I don't care. At all. Why? I just picked up THIRD ROW SEATS ON THE 40 for the week two Tampa-Vikings game here in Minnesota. For about $20/ticket more than face value.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

So how did that Talib-Johnson match-up work out?

What's the over/under on Bob Sanders finishing the game uninjured?

Landshrk83 wrote:
MilkmanDanimal wrote:
By the time they played Detroit last year, both starting DTs, the SLB, the FS, the FS' replacement, and the team's best CB were all on IR (OK the FS was suspended for drug use, but still out). It was a horribly injured team, and they still barely lost. Again, more than 60% of the yardage was to CJ, and yes, I absolutely believe Aqib Talib can cover Calvin Johnson or anybody else. He may be a moron off the field (there's no "may", he's a moron), but he has impressive skills on the field.

Also, I don't care. At all. Why? I just picked up THIRD ROW SEATS ON THE 40 for the week two Tampa-Vikings game here in Minnesota. For about $20/ticket more than face value.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

So how did that Talib-Johnson match-up work out? :)

I'll just quote myself.

garion333 wrote:
Wildcard: Lions over Bucs. Who was the Lions' QB when they played the Bucs last year, Danimal? Hmmm? Don't get me wrong, Drew Stanton isn't the worst QB in the world, but he's not Stafford. God I hope Stafford stays healthy, I'm banking a lot on that.

How many fantasy teams do I own? Three. On how many fantasy teams did I start Stafford? Two. On how many teams did I start Megatron? Two. I'm happy.

So...how about that Cam Newton?

Edit: And McNabb's out. That was fast.

Double Edit: And back.

Hm, San Fran up 16-10 in the 4th. Wondering how Alex Smith can lose this one? Int or fumble?

Rat Boy wrote:
So...how about that Cam Newton?

Edit: And McNabb's out. That was fast.

Double Edit: And back.

Cam Newton's performance is neck and neck for the first pick in the wild overreaction to Week 1 stats fantasy draft with Pittsburgh's defensive performance.

Stele wrote:
Ted Ginn Jr! Wooooooooo!

Giants game just ended and I got to see the kickoff return TD live. :D

Apparently Seattle doesn't plan to play special teams this year.

Ted Ginn Jr! Wooooooooo!

Giants game just ended and I got to see the kickoff return TD live.

EDIT: And a punt return! Game!

Landshrk83 wrote:
Stele wrote:
Ted Ginn Jr! Wooooooooo!

Giants game just ended and I got to see the kickoff return TD live. :D

Apparently Seattle doesn't plan to play special teams this year.

Apparently the Giants aren't playing football this year. Horrible performance. 4th and 1, let's leave Jacobs on the bench. Good call Coughlin, how did that work out for you?

Kush15 wrote:
Landshrk83 wrote:
Stele wrote:
Ted Ginn Jr! Wooooooooo!

Giants game just ended and I got to see the kickoff return TD live. :D

Apparently Seattle doesn't plan to play special teams this year.

Apparently the Giants aren't playing football this year. Horrible performance. 4th and 1, let's leave Jacobs on the bench. Good call Coughlin, how did that work out for you?

Coughlin...ugh. I can't think of anything more constructive to say about him.

Touchdown Cowboys! Dez Bryant, if he can stay healthy, could be nasty this year.

Gumbie wrote:
I can't tell if the Titans offense was that bad, the Jags defense was that good, or it was both combined.

PS: Hey Indy, there's a reason we let Kerry Collins retire, lulz.

Mix of both. The Jag run defense is that good. They dominated the line of scrimmage against offensive linemen who themselves are pretty good. Alualu and Knighton are beasts and Posluszny is better being back in a 4-3 and with those two guys in front of him.

The pass defense was helped by Titan ineptness. The secondary is improved from the awful group of last year, but they're still only half rebuilt back there. The holdovers from last year (Greene, Mathis) were weak points that the few big Titan pass plays exploited.

But both the Titan and Jaguar offenses are in holding patterns until their rookie QBs are ready. Locker and Gabbert are what these offenses will be built around.

Special teams has been nothing but atrocious pretty much across the board.

garion333 wrote:
Special teams has been nothing but atrocious pretty much across the board.

Yeah. I imagine a neophyte to the NFL heard all the talk about moving the kickoff all day and also heard there were three kickoff returns for TDs so far this week and wondering what the big deal is.

Jeez I should be an announcer.

Saw the jumpball TD catch, and called my wife over to watch the replay. Said hey this doesn't happen very often, but the rules say that the offensive player gets possession. Just like a jumpball in basketball but without the possession arrow or whatever, explaining the rules.

And meanwhile Al Michaels is talking some crap about how the defender took his hand off the ball or something. Then apparently during the commercial break someone told him he was a dumbass and when they came back he explained the jumpball rule.

Just watch the action on the field, pay attention, and you'll be a much better commentator.

Wow, that fumbled / unexpected snap to Romo with 8 seconds left was just terrible. What a way to end a close game.

Tony Romo is the Picasso of blowing games. The Fumble on the 1/pick to Revis was classic.

"How the f*ck did that happen?" seems to be the best way to sum up this. (NSFW language)

And he can't blame Jessica for this one.

And it had to be Nick Folk with the game winning kick.

Good game overall though. A lot more competitive than I thought the Cowboys were gonna be this year

Good lord. When did Cam Newton learn to be an NFL quarterback? He wasn't perfect by any stretch, but no one in the world saw him throwing for 400+ yards.

And guess who's tied for first in the NFC South? I smell playoffs, baby! *

[size=10]* I'm kidding about the playoffs. Carolina is still a 4-12 team.[/size]