GWJ BCS League - NCAA 12 (360): Season I, Week 1

Leroyog wrote:
My bulletin board is filling up fast...

Wow, didn't remember THIS from the movie. WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILSON!!!!!!!

IMAGE(http://www.thewizofodds.com/.a/6a00e553e551d18834010535ccd9bb970c-300wi)

LMFAO!!!!!! I literally lol'd there. Well done.

Funny I don't see Rutgers on my schedule this year...

Leroyog wrote:
LMFAO!!!!!! I literally lol'd there. Well done.

Funny I don't see Rutgers on my schedule this year...

Ummmm, DUH, they don't post the National Championship participants until AFTER Championship Week

In kind of an fugly game SMU rolls North Texas 31-13. Again, SMU came out guns blazing, and was up 21-7 after just one quarter of play. But NT slowed down the SMU run game, and SMu had trouble moving the ball in the air.

But SMU dominated the the NT OL, pummeling the NT QB for 14 sacks. Yes, FOURTEEN sacks.

As dominating as the win was, NT was weak enough that SMU needs to work on their offense if they want to compete in the insanely tough Big 10.

What is the difference between Jim Tressel and Brady Hoke?

One made a horrible, career-ending decision that will embarrass his family name forever.

And the other is Jim Tressel.

When do I play Hawaii?

hahaha (I'm still bitter about the beating Eastern Michigan put on SDSU).

I beat you by a score!!!

You also were very sportsman like and took a dive when you could have made it a double digit scoring margin!

(I actually like Michigan, just can't think of anything funny to write about any of the other teams). My SMU jokes would only have been funny in 1987.

Hey Leroy,

Can we move the game to Thursday at 11 p.m?

airicc8 wrote:
You also were very sportsman like and took a dive when you could have made it a double digit scoring margin!

(I actually like Michigan, just can't think of anything funny to write about any of the other teams). My SMU jokes would only have been funny in 1987.

Hey, we're paying recruits again. A lot.

Gdawg27 wrote:
Hey Leroy,

Can we move the game to Thursday at 11 p.m?

Sure thing.

It'll give me more time to practice with these sliders.

Good luck guys, even though I'm not playing this year I'll be following along.

I got routed by Stanford. The running back ran for 280 yards. 56-31. Poor tackling and 4 picks did me in.

Remaining Games:
Northwestern (shonuff27) at Michigan (LeroyOG)
Marshall (ZellbrigeN) at ECU (XBox)
UNLV (XBox) at UCLA (HansomB1derful)
TCU (Big Hoppa) at North Carolina (XBox)

I think Shonuff and Leroy are trying for tomorrow night. No rush for everyone else, deadline is Monday @ 6pm.

I should be able to get mine in tonight. I had a prior engagement last night.

Sho and I are on for tomorrow

No worries gentlemen. Just trying to keep the league active and fun, my two main goals. When I send out reminders, it's not that I'm rushing, just trying to get a feel for where everyone is at.

Kush15 wrote:
No worries gentlemen. Just trying to suck the fun out of NCAA 12 Online Dynasties around the world, my main goal.

FTFY

I hope Counselar and Kush play this season. Counselor needs some redemption

Leroyog wrote:
I hope Counselar and Kush play this season. Counselor needs some redemption

And Kush needs some more ammunition...

TheCounselor wrote:
Kush15 wrote:
No worries gentlemen. Just trying to suck the fun out of NCAA 12 Online Dynasties around the world, my main goal.

FTFY

Funny you chose the word "suck".

51-7.

holy crap....kush...we need to talk. I cannot play in Big East...I got creamed by ECU...40-3. My WRs couldnt hold on to the ball to save their lives....my line couldnt open a hole for the HB...and my QB was so rattled that I think he thought we were the purple team, not the white. Add that to the fact they constantly ran a no-huddle and I was playing at ECU...it was a no win situation.

ZellbrigeN26 wrote:
holy crap....kush...we need to talk. I cannot play in Big East...I got creamed by ECU...40-3. My WRs couldnt hold on to the ball to save their lives....my line couldnt open a hole for the HB...and my QB was so rattled that I think he thought we were the purple team, not the white. Add that to the fact they constantly ran a no-huddle and I was playing at ECU...it was a no win situation.

You should have played a few practice games with the current slider settings. There are things worth figuring out going into a new game.

For one, you would know that they are going to run the spread with a aggressive no-huddle. You can then figure out what defenses you want to be "stuck" in.

But more importantly, you need to get used to the slider settings. They are good, but drastically different than the default. Play some games and get a feel for what works. Go into the practice mode, and get a feel for when to throw on different routes. Just run the same play over and over and you will start to see the openings.

I'm sorry you had a rough game. And taking a lower tier school with how we set up the league is really tough. I was mentioning the same thing earlier in the thread. The Big 10 is even worse.

Try to embrace the challenge. Even if it takes a few weeks, it will be worth it when it starts clicking.

Zell, I don't see your game listed as being done. Was that an exhibition game you played?

Jayhawker wrote:
ZellbrigeN26 wrote:
holy crap....kush...we need to talk. I cannot play in Big East...I got creamed by ECU...40-3. My WRs couldnt hold on to the ball to save their lives....my line couldnt open a hole for the HB...and my QB was so rattled that I think he thought we were the purple team, not the white. Add that to the fact they constantly ran a no-huddle and I was playing at ECU...it was a no win situation.

You should have played a few practice games with the current slider settings. There are things worth figuring out going into a new game.

For one, you would know that they are going to run the spread with a aggressive no-huddle. You can then figure out what defenses you want to be "stuck" in.

But more importantly, you need to get used to the slider settings. They are good, but drastically different than the default. Play some games and get a feel for what works. Go into the practice mode, and get a feel for when to throw on different routes. Just run the same play over and over and you will start to see the openings.

I'm sorry you had a rough game. And taking a lower tier school with how we set up the league is really tough. I was mentioning the same thing earlier in the thread. The Big 10 is even worse.

Try to embrace the challenge. Even if it takes a few weeks, it will be worth it when it starts clicking.

Jayhawker wrote:
Zell, I don't see your game listed as being done. Was that an exhibition game you played?

first off...it was the dynasty game, not an exibition...I played the entire game and even listened to the announcers telling everyone to have a safe trip and see you next time spill...I wonder why it didnt record it? I also didnt know the sliders were changed...I play a offline dynasty and beat ECU by 2 tds....so I was wondering what the hell happened. I will replay it tomorrow when I get the chance. I dont want to hold the show up.
Thanks for the pep talk though...I admit, I was feeling really down after a CPU drubbed me like that...

Kush posted the sliders, which I had adopted from a set on OS in the original thread.

I have these set as my default settings. That way, my Play Now games have the same feel as the league settings. Overall, they are tougher. But there are some sliders that are set to make it easier. You can also just save these and load them when you want.

I used a similar set of sliders in the last season of the 2Star dynasty becasue the game had gotten so easy that everyone was now a Top 15 team, and were putting up ridiculous numbers. The first few weeks were tough, and we all agreed on some changes. Kush will listen to the same kind of input. I had actually altered some of the sliders before he posted them, but decided it would be best if changes came from the group rather than one guy that is a little too obsessive over things like this.

I will say, I think they play pretty good. You are in an unfortunate situation in that Marshall is ranked 90th, so you will play most of the year as an underdog. ECU was 54th. So facing them on the road should be tough. I moved up from Kansas to SMU becasue Kansas is just so bad this year, and I really grew to like SMU in the other league. But at 70, SMU is going to have a tough time, too.

Hit me up for a game, if you want. I think NCAA plays a lot different from Madden. I would be happy to offer my thoughts on it. But realize that I lose to most every human I face, so I am far from an expert.

Jay, I agree that it's smart to switch these setting to default. They are hard, but make the games seem more realistic. Zell, I took many beatings in my offline dynasty using these settings, so you all just aren't seeing them in our league (yet).

What are the changes you've made? I upped the Interception #'s for the comp. before I played a game based on a conversation I saw in the other thread.

Crazy game against the Tarhels last night. They returned the opening kickoff for a TD, I came back and on my first play from scrimmage ran one in for a 70 yard TD. After that they got ahead of me on some blown coverages to end the half 21-7 NCU. The second half I got some key interceptions and managed to win it 31-28. The game is so much more balanced this year. I really fear my CPU opponents as well as my human ones now.

Zellbrige mentioned to me about switching to West Virginia from Marshall. I have no problem with this. It will give WVU & UCLA on 2 Human vs Human games, but I am fine with that as well.

I did the best I could with the organization of the league. I promised Zellbrige that he would be placed in the same division with the other 2-star schools, and although that didn't happen, I placed him in the same conference as those schools. I did also pair you up with myself and Rutgers, sitting pretty at #74 in the country. This is one of the reasons I wanted the 3 conference alignment to put all the 5-star schools in 1, the 3-4 in one giant 2 division conference, and the 2-star schools in another, but it seemed like no one was a fan of that. That's why I gave you ECU, Ohio, and UCF as your non-conference games (I didn't realize UCF was ranked 30th though, lol. I think I got that confused with USF, which is ranked lower, although Omega will have a say on who finishes better, I am sure). Not for nothing, but you're human games (ranked from 1-12) are against #11 UCLA, #10 Rutgers, and #8 Tennessee. Yes, there is a HUGE jump from Marshall (#90) and Tennessee (#41). Why the XBox designated Stanford to play Marshall, I haven't a clue, but I couldn't change that.

I also didn't want to completely water down the conferences with easy teams, I tried to make everything as fair as possible. The sliders are going to bump up the difficulty, and I am planning on playing under those sliders this weekend to prepare myself for UNC, and I will not be surprised if UNC comes out on top. However, I do realize that Rutgers climb to the top will be a hard one, and I hope to get my school in position by Season III to ride to glory. I know my road is very tough, as I have 7 recruits with 4-5 stars. Everything else is 3-star prospects. Granted, having played as Marshall in a private league with Shag in NCAA11, I know the recruiting is slightly tougher. But once again, I am completely fine with you moving to West Virginia.