"Don't Ask Don't Tell" Ruled Unconstitutional by Federal Judge

Malor wrote:

Jonman, what an outstanding post.

Agreed.

Jonman, that is quite likely the greatest P&C post ever.

Kannon wrote:

Jonman, that is quite likely the greatest P&C post ever.

Agreed. I laughed hard.

Jonman wrote:

Would you be sporting a glass-cutting boner as you chow down?

No?

Then your argument isn't exactly holding water, is it?

Bwahaha!

Incidentally, Glass-Cutting Boner is my Crying Game soundtrack cover band.

Ranger Rick wrote:

Bwahaha!

Incidentally, Glass-Cutting Boner is my Crying Game soundtrack cover band.

I'm guessing you don't get many bookings for wedding gigs, huh?

Jonman wrote:
Ranger Rick wrote:

Bwahaha!

Incidentally, Glass-Cutting Boner is my Crying Game soundtrack cover band.

I'm guessing you don't get many bookings for wedding gigs, huh?

More, nowadays in NY

Wouldn't that also work very well for a group of drag-queen Tom Cruises doing a Mission Impossible soundtrack cover band?

Excellent post Jonman, though be very very glad you've already been tagged.

Phoenix Rev wrote:

people who engage in any sexual activity that doesn't lead to the possibility of procreation are taking an insane position on sex.

I am intrigued and would like to subscribe to the illustrated version of this newsletter. I do have two questions about the "insane sex position" though:
Does it have to be c*cks, and is space an issue?

Rezzy wrote:
Phoenix Rev wrote:

people who engage in any sexual activity that doesn't lead to the possibility of procreation are taking an insane position on sex.

I am intrigued and would like to subscribe to the illustrated version of this newsletter. I do have two questions about the "insane sex position" though:
Does it have to be c*cks, and is space an issue?

I have granted you a complimentary subscription.

As to your last line: no and no.

Rezzy wrote:

is space an issue?

Depends on how relaxed you are.

Kannon wrote:

Jonman, that is quite likely the greatest P&C post ever.

+ a lot. Made my day.

MilkmanDanimal wrote:
Rezzy wrote:

is space an issue?

Depends on how relaxed you are.

Directly related to the first question. I'm a bit shy.

I wouldn't be too eager to praise Jonman's post. Seeing as the most vociferous attacks on homosexuality have invariably come from folks with diaphanously hidden homosexual tendencies, the question Jonman posts may actually serve as strong confirmation of the poster's philosophical position.

Ah, that's a good point, Paleo. They think veiny throbbing c*cks are appealing to everyone because they're appealing to THEM.

Still a great post, even though it may backfire.

The main thing I worry about is how they'll be treated in the military when they DO say they're gay... At least for a while there will probably be a lot of fights.

Breezy wrote:

The main thing I worry about is how they'll be treated in the military when they DO say they're gay... At least for a while there will probably be a lot of fights.

Sort of how Blacks, Jews, and women were. Thankfully, we have their examples and a stronger legal culture within the military today.

Trust me, you don't want to end up in a UCMJ hearing because you were a violent bigot. JAG officers live to ruin people's lives for that kind of crap.

Paleocon wrote:
Breezy wrote:

The main thing I worry about is how they'll be treated in the military when they DO say they're gay... At least for a while there will probably be a lot of fights.

Sort of how Blacks, Jews, and women were. Thankfully, we have their examples and a stronger legal culture within the military today.

Trust me, you don't want to end up in a UCMJ hearing because you were a violent bigot. JAG officers live to ruin people's lives for that kind of crap.

Especially in the early months/years of this. The military will be watching so that they can make a quick example out of those that don't fall in line. Anyone that paints that target on themselves is going to regret it.

Paleocon wrote:

I wouldn't be too eager to praise Jonman's post. Seeing as the most vociferous attacks on homosexuality have invariably come from folks with diaphanously hidden homosexual tendencies, the question Jonman posts may actually serve as strong confirmation of the poster's philosophical position.

Let's face it, anyone who claims homosexuality is a choice is either
(a) straight, in which case they'll fail to get a GCB (glass-cutting boner) by 'choosing' to be gay.
or
(b) in denial about their sexuality, in which case their raging GCB will prove their failure in 'choosing' to be straight.

Win-win!

Jonman wrote:
Paleocon wrote:

I wouldn't be too eager to praise Jonman's post. Seeing as the most vociferous attacks on homosexuality have invariably come from folks with diaphanously hidden homosexual tendencies, the question Jonman posts may actually serve as strong confirmation of the poster's philosophical position.

Let's face it, anyone who claims homosexuality is a choice is either
(a) straight, in which case they'll fail to get a GCB (glass-cutting boner) by 'choosing' to be gay.
or
(b) in denial about their sexuality, in which case their raging GCB will prove their failure in 'choosing' to be straight.

Win-win!

I'm just thinking about the Hans and Franz "Patrick Swayze" episode where Hans has "thoughts" and admonishes himself to "pummel zem out".

Not really about the military, but I saw this story and was impressed by the courage displayed.

Jonman wrote:
FiveIron wrote:

Call me a redneck or a bigot, but i think homosexuality is either a choice or a mental dysfunction. With that belief, I think that homosexuals shouldn't be representing our country to the world.

As the mighty Dan Savage says, if homosexuality is a choice, then you, a straight man, ought to be able to choose to be sexually thrilled by giving another dude a superb hummer.

So, think about that. Picture yourself going down on a big, veiny c*** with gusto. Could you choose to find that arousing? Would you be sporting a glass-cutting boner as you chow down?

No?

Then your argument isn't exactly holding water, is it?

So...here's a suggestion.

Instead of shutting down Five's statement with humor, humiliation, and the usual GWJ P&C Echo-Chamber-Pile-on...why not take the opportunity to educate and respectfully direct him to resources and studies that will help him understand the latest understandings of homosexuality.

...just a suggestion though.

PR and Rubb Ed did that on the previous page. Instead of ignoring their attempts to respond to hate speak with kindness, why not take the opportunity to realize the thing you're asking for already ocurred.

..Just a suggestion, though.

darrenl wrote:
Jonman wrote:
FiveIron wrote:

Call me a redneck or a bigot, but i think homosexuality is either a choice or a mental dysfunction. With that belief, I think that homosexuals shouldn't be representing our country to the world.

As the mighty Dan Savage says, if homosexuality is a choice, then you, a straight man, ought to be able to choose to be sexually thrilled by giving another dude a superb hummer.

So, think about that. Picture yourself going down on a big, veiny c*** with gusto. Could you choose to find that arousing? Would you be sporting a glass-cutting boner as you chow down?

No?

Then your argument isn't exactly holding water, is it?

So...here's a suggestion.

Instead of shutting down Five's statement with humor, humiliation, and the usual GWJ P&C Echo-Chamber-Pile-on...why not take the opportunity to educate and respectfully direct him to resources and studies that will help him understand the latest understandings of homosexuality.

...just a suggestion though.

For the same reason I wouldn't educate and respectfully direct him elsewhere if he announced people with dark skin were from a subhuman race or that Jews are hook-nosed spawn of Satan who want to kidnap and eat our babies. There comes a time when you need to stop being respectful and let people know that medieval, bigoted attitudes are no longer acceptable within a modern society and when you need to stop being polite and begin shouting down and actively shunning people who walk around with these kinds of utterly repugnant ideas.

MilkmanDanimal wrote:
darrenl wrote:
Jonman wrote:
FiveIron wrote:

Call me a redneck or a bigot, but i think homosexuality is either a choice or a mental dysfunction. With that belief, I think that homosexuals shouldn't be representing our country to the world.

As the mighty Dan Savage says, if homosexuality is a choice, then you, a straight man, ought to be able to choose to be sexually thrilled by giving another dude a superb hummer.

So, think about that. Picture yourself going down on a big, veiny c*** with gusto. Could you choose to find that arousing? Would you be sporting a glass-cutting boner as you chow down?

No?

Then your argument isn't exactly holding water, is it?

So...here's a suggestion.

Instead of shutting down Five's statement with humor, humiliation, and the usual GWJ P&C Echo-Chamber-Pile-on...why not take the opportunity to educate and respectfully direct him to resources and studies that will help him understand the latest understandings of homosexuality.

...just a suggestion though.

For the same reason I wouldn't educate and respectfully direct him elsewhere if he announced people with dark skin were from a subhuman race or that Jews are hook-nosed spawn of Satan who want to kidnap and eat our babies. There comes a time when you need to stop being respectful and let people know that medieval, bigoted attitudes are no longer acceptable within a modern society and when you need to stop being polite and begin shouting down and actively shunning people who walk around with these kinds of utterly repugnant ideas.

If your goal is to "win" the argument, but lose potential allies...then have at it.

Personally, I think it would be rather not repugnant to both win the argument and win Five over to your side. Your approach is certainly easier.

I don't think FiveIron is a potential ally. When your argument is "call me a bigot if you will, but I am a bigot and here are some bigoted viewpoints for your perusal," that isn't really a great starting point for a paradigm shifting conversation.

Did he get treated harshly - yes. Will I regret his not coming back to P&C - no.

Differing viewpoints are great. Hate speech is not. Toward which pole do you think FiveIron's post gravitated?

SallyNasty wrote:

I don't think FiveIron is a potential ally. When your argument is "call me a bigot if you will, but I am a bigot and here are some bigoted viewpoints for your perusal," that isn't really a great starting point for a paradigm shifting conversation.

Did he get treated harshly - yes. Will I regret his not coming back to P&C - no.

Differing viewpoints are great. Hate speech is not. Toward which pole do you think FiveIron's post gravitated?

I'm just sayin guys...the way you handled him could have been better. Not your most graceful way of engaging someone with a polar opposite view.

I see it as a wasted opportunity and would have loved to see at least one of you rise up to a difficult and challenging case...but none of you even tried. You just piled on to the nearest "point and laugh" joke, echoed, and didn't even challenge his assertion with your facts against.

darrenl wrote:

I'm just sayin guys...the way you handled him could have been better. Not your most graceful way of handling someone with a polar opposite view.

This is the teacher/student thing that annoys people, btw. It's like you're asking people to yell "you're not my dad!"

I see it as a wasted opportunity and would have loved to see at least one of you rise up to a difficult and challenging case...but none of you even tried. You just piled on to the nearest "point and laugh" joke, echoed, and didn't even challenge his assertion with your facts against.

I already pointed out where PR and Rubb Ed did exactly that.

Seth wrote:
darrenl wrote:

I'm just sayin guys...the way you handled him could have been better. Not your most graceful way of handling someone with a polar opposite view.

This is the teacher/student thing that annoys people, btw. It's like you're asking people to yell "you're not my dad!"

...am I wrong for pointing this out? Please address my point, not apparent issues with learning from others.

darrenl wrote:

Please address my point, not apparent issues with learning from others.

darrenl wrote:
SallyNasty wrote:

I don't think FiveIron is a potential ally. When your argument is "call me a bigot if you will, but I am a bigot and here are some bigoted viewpoints for your perusal," that isn't really a great starting point for a paradigm shifting conversation.

Did he get treated harshly - yes. Will I regret his not coming back to P&C - no.

Differing viewpoints are great. Hate speech is not. Toward which pole do you think FiveIron's post gravitated?

I'm just sayin guys...the way you handled him could have been better. Not your most graceful way of handling someone with a polar opposite view.

I see it as a wasted opportunity and would have loved to see at least one of you rise up to a difficult and challenging case...but none of you even tried. You just piled on to the nearest "point and laugh" joke, echoed, and didn't even challenge his assertion with your facts against.

He deserves the same respect that someone who thinks that black men want nothing more than to rape white women or that that gypsies need to be put down; none. It's 2011. 2011! Educate? Seriously, educate? How many thousands of opportunities have people already had that they have willfully ignored? How many times has FiveIron heard that homosexuality is not, in fact, a choice, and is not, in fact, a dysfunction of any sort? Do you honestly believe that simply repeating it one more time on a forum was going to change his mind?

Bigots deserve public shame, and nothing more. I feel about these people the same way I feel about people who would walk into a room and proudly announce their KKK membership.