2011 International Gamers With Jobs Day T-shirt Contest
The amazing staff of PenguinCon would like to announce the start of the [color=red]2011 International Gamers With Jobs Day t-shirt design contest[/color]. This contest is open to any goodjer with an ounce (or centiliter, for all you metrics) of creative juice. We will be taking the submitted designs, pitting them against each other cagematch-style, and allowing the entire goodjerverse to vote on each paring to see which design moves on. The final design will be placed on a publicly available t-shirt (the same shirt set to be part of the PenguinCon 2011 Swanky Registration goodie bag). The winning designer will get a free t-shirt, an "about the artist" section on the PenguinCon website and...um...a hearty pat on the back. Any profits made on the aforementioned t-shirt sales will be donated to Child's Play.
If you are interested in submitting designs, here is what you need to know:
- A single designer can submit any number of designs
- Designs must not include copyrighted or trademarked images. This includes Stan or the GWJ logo. Yeah, I know.
- Designs should not exceed 13.5"W x 16.5"H and must fall between 100 PPI and 200 PPI.
- Pretty much any file format is acceptable, but PNG or PSD are preferable.
- The design should probably make some reference to IGWJD 2011, but that's not actually a requirement, I guess.
- Keep 'em classy. Forum rules apply.
So that's really it. The field is pretty well wide open for creative interpretation. Oh, one more important design note: due to their use at PenguinCon, the design will be placed on t-shirts that are 1 of 4 different colors (Red, Green, Blue, Gold), so design with that in mind. Another option (if the designer so wishes) would be to make 4 separate designs - 1 in each of those colors. In that case, all the t-shirts would be a single color. That color would probably be white.
Oh, yeah...[color=blue]the deadline for designs is Friday, August 12th[/color].
All design submissions and any questions should be directed to [email protected].
Please put "IGWJD Contest" in the subject line of any emails that include submissions.
Thanks and good luck!