NCAA Football 2012 game catch-all

Did you get a replay of the final play or is the game still stupid and cuts off anything longer than 40 yards or so?

Stele wrote:
Did you get a replay of the final play or is the game still stupid and cuts off anything longer than 40 yards or so? :(

I did actually. I saved it, and will try to upload it later.

I love when a plan comes together.

-- Coach Jayhawker

Ugh, heartbreak here. Second year of my Georgia (currently #2) dynasty I've got a road game match up against #1 Bama. Just had the game lock up on me as the Tide scored a game tying TD with 43 seconds left. This game had been so back and forth, I couldn't run the ball against them at all but thankfully they have been loading the box and leaving their CBs on an island, and those islands aren't named Revis.

Now if I can only hold their half back to under 200 yards in the rematch.

Read via EA FB Twitter stream that the patch is supposed to be out today... Last night on PS3.

EDIT: confirmation that it is out on the 360 as well from OperationSports.

HOT DIGGGGGGGITY

http://www.operationsports.com/forums/ncaa-football/508777-there-way-make-ea-aware-these-issues.html

Can anyone weigh in on the patch? From what I'm hearing on OS the patch has issues and I'm not sure what it fixes. I opened a Gamefly account to try out Madden and play somemof the fall releases. I'd consider trying NCAA out again depending on if these are the only issues and depending on what it fixes.

1. They broke no-huddle offense. When I hold down why to go into no-huddle, it only lets me pick from one formation and it isn't even the previous formation I was in. Go to test this some more.

2. Defensive Linemen seem to be super aware of QB motives. Good luck scrambling.

3. Safeties are still psychic.

I have serious fears that the rubberband AI got a major tuneup.

I just fired up NCAA 12 for the first time since the patch...is there any fix for broken playbooks? I opened mine and resaved them, but my special teams plays are all goofed up afterward. Is that what happens with all custom playbooks?

Aw that doesn't sound good. I patched the other day too, but all I managed to do was download luvtotha9s amazing PS3 rosters. Spent so long browsing through rosters and checking out his detailed work that I never actually got around to playing an exhibition or even starting up a new dynasty.

I backed out my patch on the 360. The only fix I was really needing was for injuries between the conference championship games and the bowl games and then the WRs actually blocking on options plays. They managed to break the 2nd part of the fix by forcing the CBs into converage and they just let the play pass them by. Jacking up the hurry up offense is just to much to give up for the injury fix.

Still loving this game though.

Just wrapped up season 3 of my Georgia dynasty. Your National Champion is the Trojans..... of Troy! An 81 OVR team, they beat Boise State (91 OVR) 35-28 to capture the title.

Both Troy and Boise States QBs went off this year. Troy's QB went for 4817 yards, 53 TDs and 5 INTs, while Boise's QB had 4497 yards, 53 TDs and just 2 INT.

Georgia ended up #2 after defeating a Nebraska teams with Heisman runner-up Taylor Martinez. We held the Huskers to 65 yards of offense.

Patch is up.

Leroyog wrote:
Patch is up.

WooHoo!

firesloth wrote:
Leroyog wrote:
Patch is up.

WooHoo!

Aw, you're gonna make me load the game back up!

Any list of fixes?

Jayhawker wrote:
firesloth wrote:
Leroyog wrote:
Patch is up.

WooHoo!

Aw, you're gonna make me load the game back up!

Any list of fixes?

I think it's pretty much just the things they broke with the last patch...

In all the NCAA games I've played over all the years I've never had a blocked punt. I had one in a game the other night, there punter was backed up against the back of the end zone and one of my guys came in off the edge and made the block. The ball took a couple bounces and then out the back of the end zone for a safety.

Downloaded the patch, we will see how it goes, might back it back out like the last one.

*Edit* and already backed out the patch after one series. My custom playbook had several added formations that it didn't have before and I can't remove either them or the plays within them because I'm below the limit of plays for my playbook type. I like to keep my playbooks pretty thin so that I can get just the formation audibles I want and apparently 120 plays is to few.

So another patch yesterday on PS3. I guess 360 as well?

Went looking for notes... saw this on the the blog.

I think this is my favorite part:

This concludes what will be included in Title Update #4. Due to additional gameplay risk involved to fix issues related to prospect tendencies in Dynasty mode, we’ve decided to forego addressing via a Title Update. To provide a little background on the tendencies issue, there are some portions of the game that convert a value to get the correct tendency, while other portions do not make this conversion. We were able to fix the tendency issue in the portions of the game that do the conversions through the Title Update, however fixing the other instances would require modification of database data, stored procedures, and code. Rather than risk the potential for this fix to cause other major data issues in Dynasty mode, the decision has been made to apply the proper fix in NCAA Football 13. Thank you for all of your support throughout the year.

AKA, it's too much trouble to fix, and we're only 9 months out from our next bill for $60 we're sending to all of you. See you then, suckers

Stele wrote:
So another patch yesterday on PS3. I guess 360 as well?

Went looking for notes... saw this on the the blog.

I think this is my favorite part:

This concludes what will be included in Title Update #4. Due to additional gameplay risk involved to fix issues related to prospect tendencies in Dynasty mode, we’ve decided to forego addressing via a Title Update. To provide a little background on the tendencies issue, there are some portions of the game that convert a value to get the correct tendency, while other portions do not make this conversion. We were able to fix the tendency issue in the portions of the game that do the conversions through the Title Update, however fixing the other instances would require modification of database data, stored procedures, and code. Rather than risk the potential for this fix to cause other major data issues in Dynasty mode, the decision has been made to apply the proper fix in NCAA Football 13. Thank you for all of your support throughout the year.

AKA, it's too much trouble to fix, and we're only 9 months out from our next bill for $60 we're sending to all of you. See you then, suckers ;)

Criminy. This is literally Exhibit A for why EA should have competition and why yearly sports games suck so badly. Can haz bi-yearly dev cycles with roster updates in between?

IMAGE(http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/302949_310932582251321_100000037449577_1255341_1017311762_n.jpg)

Oh my.

Jayhawker wrote:
IMAGE(http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/302949_310932582251321_100000037449577_1255341_1017311762_n.jpg)

Um wait... but... why...

Whoo boy

Well I hate to promote it... because I certainly won't be buying it until I hear some patch news... but here's our NCAA 13 catch-all

Well after playing the 13 demo and thinking I might get it, I decided to dig this out, dust it off, and try to knock out some achievements. I figured just in case I trade it in for 13, I'd like to clear some of those before I do.

Apparently they never fixed the bug for the winning high school championship in RTG achievement. Because I did that twice now and it still hasn't worked.

Also, I can't figure out how in the world you're supposed to get the 5-star at both positions. I tried QB/MLB this time around, thinking as a LB I would get in on more plays than I did about 11 months ago when I tried this at Safety. Sadly no. My QB was 5-star before the regular season even finished, but my LB never made it past 3-star.

Defense points are so stupid in this game. Do you get points for good coverage? No. Points for QB knockdowns? No. Any extra points for Tackles for Loss? No. Points for passes swatted? No. Basically, from what I can tell, you get 40 points per game, period, as long as you do something. If you make a sack or a forced fumble you get 40 more points. Sadly that's all I was able to accomplish in 15 games. Never once did I get an INT, recover one of the fumbles I forced, or obviously score a TD since I never got the ball. That also kept me from getting the score TD on both sides of the ball achievement as well. 15 games... and I watched my teammates score 2 pick 6s, and return 5 fumbles for TDs, 2 of which were fumbles I caused hitting the QB.

Granted this didn't take an immense amount of time. Maybe 6 hours of gaming today. But I'm very unlikely to try it again. Especially after the one championship achievement is still bugged. I could have swore that was in some patch notes somewhere...

Anyway, I chose a school where I was 2nd string QB so I could get the "win a position battle" achievement. I missed that last time since Louisville let me start. But holy sh*t, I found out how really broken this game mode is. Once you are in college you get XP for doing positional things properly, unlike the high school mode. So on my FS before I could get points for "good zone coverage" or "pass deflection" and so on. Still you only get the coverage thing if they happen to throw your way. Coverage so good the opponent throws to the other side of the field is unrewarded. So if I remember I generally get a couple hundred xp for a game. For practice, where I can be in on more plays and even run wild sometimes and just pressure the QB, I might get 1000xp. But of course in practice half the plays are runs. So there's less chance for me to get coverage points or an INT. But now as a QB, 2nd string mind you, every single practice play was a pass. I cleared 4k XP in my first practice, and got enough coach points to have a position battle in week 2. Now I understand why some of the stat boosting items cost 10-14k XP! They're designed for QB/RB that touch the ball tons of times in games and practice. Defensive players? Screw you. I've never bought anything more than 6K xp on my FS, mostly because I never have had more than 7k points at a time, and that's saving up for several weeks. As the QB, I went to week 2's position battle practice, threw for 4 TDs and a bunch of other completions, and got 6k XP, and the starting job.

Anyway, pretty disappointing. After playing the new Heisman Mode in NCAA 13 demo, and noticing that it played pretty much like RTG, it got me wanting to give this mode one more try. But holy crap, I hope they have done some extensive fixes to that mode for the new game, or it's going to really suck. Well, maybe not, if you're playing a QB, which most of the Heisman winners are.

Well I know most people around here play dynasty. Can't remember if anyone else even tried RTG? But when you play something as fun as NBA 2k's My Player and then play something as terrible as RTG, it just really makes you wish 2k Sports would make a football game...

Stele wrote:
Well I know most people around here play dynasty. Can't remember if anyone else even tried RTG? But when you play something as fun as NBA 2k's My Player and then play something as terrible as RTG, it just really makes you wish 2k Sports would make a football game...

Interesting. I got the 2K Baseball/Basketball package, but never touched the Basketball game. I might have to try that now

Yeah, it's fantastic. The My Player thing gives you a grade from F to A+. You get points for the main things like scoring, assists, blocks, rebounds, etc. But then you also get points for "fill lane properly" on a fast break or "block out" on a missed shot. Or "good defense" if you have are all over your guy, but he makes a killer difficult shot anyway.

All little things that don't show up on the stat sheet, but are tracked by the game, and mean you are doing your job on the court. Road To Glory just looks pathetic in a side-by-side, and that's from NBA 2k11, released a full 9 months before this game. I haven't even tried 2k12 yet, but I assume it's even better since 11 was much improved over 10.

Anyway did a lot more achievement chasing today, mostly lots of time simming dynasty stuff. Up to like 60% now. Still not sure I'll give the RTG ones a try anymore. Some trophy/achievement guides have some really cheesy ways to get them, like turning off offside penalties and sacking the QB all day long.

Stele wrote:
Yeah, it's fantastic. The My Player thing gives you a grade from F to A+. You get points for the main things like scoring, assists, blocks, rebounds, etc. But then you also get points for "fill lane properly" on a fast break or "block out" on a missed shot. Or "good defense" if you have are all over your guy, but he makes a killer difficult shot anyway.

All little things that don't show up on the stat sheet, but are tracked by the game, and mean you are doing your job on the court. Road To Glory just looks pathetic in a side-by-side, and that's from NBA 2k11, released a full 9 months before this game. I haven't even tried 2k12 yet, but I assume it's even better since 11 was much improved over 10.

Anyway did a lot more achievement chasing today, mostly lots of time simming dynasty stuff. Up to like 60% now. Still not sure I'll give the RTG ones a try anymore. Some trophy/achievement guides have some really cheesy ways to get them, like turning off offside penalties and sacking the QB all day long. :lol:

There's a lot of things I find wrong with RtG. The play calling/timeout management is horrible. On your opponents 30 yard line with over a minute to play, let's call a timeout. Down by 17 with 4 minutes to play in the game, let's run the ball. Deep passing routes on 2nd and short, run plays on 3rd and long. And the points system, as previously mentioned is horrible.

There's also a sim problem. Basically the other side of the ball is terrible. If you're on defense, the offense will be lucky to put up 14 points a game. You will almost have to score on defense to have a real chance at winning. And when you're on offense, your defense will give up 28 points a game every time. So you have to shoot out to win.

I don't know if it's a bug with the simming... like if you watch plays with R1 instead of simming them it won't happen? Or maybe it's a carryover from the high school play logic. The HS assumes you will ironman, so the other side of the ball is expecting you to make the plays or something? Either way it sucks relying on your team.

The amazing thing to me isn't the Road To Glory is worse than NBA2k's My Player. The amazing thing to me is that this is the same company that apparently has a deep "Be a Pro" mode in NHL. The left hand should talk to the right.