iOOTP now MLB Manager 2015(was about PC-two game management, but turned into more about iOOTP):

Platforms are PC and Mac. My brother and I want to play a management game together with hopefully current MLB teams. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Out of the Park baseball seems pretty good, at least from hearing Bill Abner talk about it. Impulse had it on sale the other day, but I forgot to grab it.

TheCounselor wrote:

Out of the Park baseball seems pretty good, at least from hearing Bill Abner talk about it. Impulse had it on sale the other day, but I forgot to grab it.

Thanks. Unfortunately just for the PC.

Donan wrote:
TheCounselor wrote:

Out of the Park baseball seems pretty good, at least from hearing Bill Abner talk about it. Impulse had it on sale the other day, but I forgot to grab it.

Thanks. Unfortunately just for the PC.

If you go to the OOTP website you can purchase a PC & Mac version.

It's the only Baseball sim I've played, although not in online leagues. The interface takes a little time to get used to it but after that you're golden.

They have a linux version too. I tend to buy the game every other year unless there's some big new feature. This year's version should be coming up pretty soon, so you might see a sale on last year's. Or you could pre-order the up-coming version for $29.99 (gets you a license for two computers - don't know if you can split that license between a PC and Mac though - you might need one of each), and download last year's demo to get a feel for the interface. The demo will last for 10 real-world days or 1.5 seasons of game time. If you need longer to evaluate, version 8 is free, though it's several versions old so there have been a lot of major changes since then.

For running a 2-player league, if you're both local it's really easy to do it hot-seat. Just create 2 'managers' and assign them to the teams you want to control. If you're not local though, it shouldn't be too much trouble to set up an online league for just the two of you. People at the OOTP Forums should be able to give you any help you need.

TheCounselor wrote:

Out of the Park baseball seems pretty good, at least from hearing Bill Abner talk about it. Impulse had it on sale the other day, but I forgot to grab it.

They are supposed to be coming out with an Ipad version too. Can't wait!!

I played in league with Bill Abner and Todd Brakke (ubrakto) using the Mac version. They even share files easily. Great game, too.

I have no idea what kind of compatibility, or even features, are included in the iPad game. I'm going to check it out, for sure.

But yeah, PCs and Macs use the same files. But this is sim only, no playing head-to-head. I don't think even PC's can play head-to-head. Not sure why that has not been implemented.

Thanks folks! Just to make sure I understand, if I have a Mac version and he gets a PC version
We can set-up a on-line s season management game between us...easily?(or even a IPad-PC one (if indeed an IPad one is due soon)

(and sorry Counselor, when I went to their site I only saw a PC version. Didn't see the Mac one. My mistake)

Thanks again folks.

Coolbeans wrote:
TheCounselor wrote:

Out of the Park baseball seems pretty good, at least from hearing Bill Abner talk about it. Impulse had it on sale the other day, but I forgot to grab it.

They are supposed to be coming out with an Ipad version too. Can't wait!!

Whoa! I'd be in for that!

Any interest in a league here? I just preordered the new version.

TheCounselor wrote:
Coolbeans wrote:
TheCounselor wrote:

Out of the Park baseball seems pretty good, at least from hearing Bill Abner talk about it. Impulse had it on sale the other day, but I forgot to grab it.

They are supposed to be coming out with an Ipad version too. Can't wait!!

Whoa! I'd be in for that!

Any interest in a league here? I just preordered the new version.

My brother and I will probably pre-order it today in hopes of joining a friendly league. This will be our first time with program, so willing, but clueless. Any links on the mechanics of game and on-line league play will be appreciated. (btw, do you think the Ipad version could play against PC or Mac versions. I would think the common file sharing between PC and Mac would be continued with the IPad. But of course, whole knows when the Ipad version would be available...right?)

Emailed OOTP about Ipad compatability with PC and Mac (fingers crossed for Mac is almost always being used by wife, whereas the Ipad bought as a cheap 2nd computer Ipad is always in my possession:)

Anyway here's their reply:

"...
Thanks for your email!
OOTP 12 will be a different game then iOOTP. They are not the same game and
cannot use the same league files. iOOTP will be released in April or May.
OOTP 12 will be released shortly after iOOTP.

The OOTP 12 license works on the PC and the Mac. The PC and Mac league files
are compatible and you can join online leagues with either version.

Kind regards,
Andreas

Andreas Raht
Out of the Park Developments GmbH & Co KG
Vorderstr. 44a
21723 Hollern-Twielenfleth
Germany

www.ootpdevelopments.com

Registered at Amtsgericht Tostedt HRA 100876, Germany

..."

The OOTP team is in Germany? Huh.

Jayhawker wrote:

But this is sim only, no playing head-to-head. I don't think even PC's can play head-to-head. Not sure why that has not been implemented.

The money just isn't there, probably. They'd have to deal with tech support on getting people connected, possibly setting up servers, etc.

Some information on iOOTP (i.e. iPad version).

First tho', it will be $4.99. If you get it for the iPad, you won't have to buy it again for iPhone.

Link: (go down a bit to link, 'Road to Release' for more information)

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showth...

iOOTP has been sent to Apple! ( now maybe 2 weeks:(

iOOTP Baseball 2011 submitted to the iTunes App Store

April 22nd, 2011 8:58 am ET
Paul Williams
Columbus Mobile Gaming Examiner
SubscribeSponsor an Examiner
View all of Paul's articlesPrintEmailShare on FacebookShare on Twitter
Do you like this Article?

Baseball fans looking for a quality text-based sim of America's Pastime for their iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch now only have days to wait, as Out of the Park Developments submitted iOOTP Baseball 2011 to the App Store yesterday.

This reporter was lucky enough to receive a pre-release version of iOOTP, and found the app to be a perfectly-downsized version of the desktop game.

iOOTP Baseball 2011 features real players and stats

iOOTP Baseball features real MLB players and statistics, if not the actual team logos from Major League Baseball.

The iPhone version of OOTP provides either a replay of the current 2011 season, three historical seasons (1923, 1965, 2004) with additional seasons available for 0.99 through in-app purchase, or even fictional leagues.

While the desktop version of Out of the Park baseball provides full control of a baseball franchise, including the entire minor league system, the iOS version is limited to the 40-man roster and a collection of top prospects due to the memory constraints of the mobile device.

Advertisement

The best text-based sports simulation in mobile gaming

iOOTP's menus and game screens are all intelligently designed, and do an excellent job of conveying the vast amount of player ratings and stats to the mobile gamer.

This reporter is currently replaying the 1965 season and it is good to see the Cleveland Indians' Sudden Sam McDowell dominating the American League like he did in real life. While the 2011 player data includes some players from the Columbus Clippers, iOOTP doesn't support minor league play like its older brother on the desktop.

Baseball fans looking for a quality text-based game for their iOS device need look no farther than iOOTP Baseball 2011. Expect a full review when the game hits the App Store in the next week or so.

Subscribe to the Columbus Mobile Gaming Examiner to receive email notifications when new articles are published, or follow him on Twitter.

Continue reading on Examiner.com: iOOTP Baseball 2011 submitted to the iTunes App Store - Columbus mobile gaming | Examiner.com http://www.examiner.com/mobile-gamin...

iOOTP will be available for sale, this Thursday, the 5th!!! At the Apple Store.

Kinda of an, 'Arise'. But just a heads up that iOOTP 2015 version will be called, ' MLB Manager 2015'. This is probably partly due to OOTP Development has gotten a license from MLB.

I think I'm ready to delve back into this. It looks like the XB1 is never going to get a proper MLB game. Honestly, with the new directional hitting, I'm closer to considering a PS4. But my wife might then be closer to considering a divorce. Pretty hard to sell her on a $400 console to play a baseball game.

I think getting licensed will make OOTP a little better experience overall.

Jayhawker wrote:

I think I'm ready to delve back into this. It looks like the XB1 is never going to get a proper MLB game. Honestly, with the new directional hitting, I'm closer to considering a PS4. But my wife might then be closer to considering a divorce. Pretty hard to sell her on a $400 console to play a baseball game.

I think getting licensed will make OOTP a little better experience overall.

Yep. I always say I won't, but end up doing so...I've pre-ordered 16. Interested in new 'manager only mode' and etc. (and save $5 and get it alittle earlier then most)

(as a side note, my brother and I are going to try fantasy baseball for the first time, going with
MLB's (it seems the easiest). We're not a fanatical fan, but alittle more then 'casual' about keeping up with news and stats. So hopefully we won't get 'slammed':)

Donan wrote:
Jayhawker wrote:

I think I'm ready to delve back into this. It looks like the XB1 is never going to get a proper MLB game. Honestly, with the new directional hitting, I'm closer to considering a PS4. But my wife might then be closer to considering a divorce. Pretty hard to sell her on a $400 console to play a baseball game.

I think getting licensed will make OOTP a little better experience overall.

Yep. I always say I won't, but end up doing so...I've pre-ordered 16. Interested in new 'manager only mode' and etc. (and save $5 and get it alittle earlier then most)

(as a side note, my brother and I are going to try fantasy baseball for the first time, going with
MLB's (it seems the easiest). We're not a fanatical fan, but alittle more then 'casual' about keeping up with news and stats. So hopefully we won't get 'slammed':)

You will get slammed, but don't let that discourage you. The one thing fantasy baseball does is really help drive your interest to follow box scores and news everyday. But rest assured, there are people that will take it to another level, just like any board or video game. But the real fun is in managing your own team and working to improve it. There is nothing more awesome than grabbing a guy you have a gut feeling about and seeing him start to produce.

Jayhawker wrote:
Donan wrote:
Jayhawker wrote:

I think I'm ready to delve back into this. It looks like the XB1 is never going to get a proper MLB game. Honestly, with the new directional hitting, I'm closer to considering a PS4. But my wife might then be closer to considering a divorce. Pretty hard to sell her on a $400 console to play a baseball game.

I think getting licensed will make OOTP a little better experience overall.

Yep. I always say I won't, but end up doing so...I've pre-ordered 16. Interested in new 'manager only mode' and etc. (and save $5 and get it alittle earlier then most)

(as a side note, my brother and I are going to try fantasy baseball for the first time, going with
MLB's (it seems the easiest). We're not a fanatical fan, but alittle more then 'casual' about keeping up with news and stats. So hopefully we won't get 'slammed':)

You will get slammed, but don't let that discourage you. The one thing fantasy baseball does is really help drive your interest to follow box scores and news everyday. But rest assured, there are people that will take it to another level, just like any board or video game. But the real fun is in managing your own team and working to improve it. There is nothing more awesome than grabbing a guy you have a gut feeling about and seeing him start to produce.

Thanks for the eh, ah...encouragement...I think;) Hopefully fun. And as you say, it's the little victories that really give me pleasure.
('cause that is usually all I get anyway...lol)