I know there are some super-experts here, so I hope this will be an easy fix for y'all. I have a home network based with the following devices:
* Airport Extreme (Dual Band II - Newest Model)
* Huawei HG556a Gateway/Router (ADSL modem, ethernet router, Wireless router - all in one jobbie)
* iMac (can either be ethernet to Airport, Huawei, or Wifi to Airport)
* iPhone (connected via Wifi)
* WinPhone7 (connected via Wifi)
* Squeezebox (connected via Ethernet to Airport)
I've found the Huawei to be a complete POS as far as WiFi is concerned, so I prefer to use it with Wifi disabled, and have the airport managing all the traffic for me. This worked fine until today, and suddenly the airport isn't working anymore, so I'd like to go back tot he drawing board to figure out the most optimal setup.
I *think* the way I had it working before was to set up DHCP on the Huawei, with a limited IP range - .2-.99. Then I wired the Airport Base Station to this and gave it an IP address of .2 manually. I then set up the Airport to offer DHCP addresses of .100-.200 to all my other devices - wired and wireless. For whatever reason, this no longer works - anything connected to the Airport gets no access to the net. Items directly wired to the Huawei work fine - so I am pretty sure the setup between the Huawei and the Airport has to change.
What is the best way to handle this?