Stolen from carrotpanics second, but better organized thread:
Here's a Google Doc we can use to track interest, please use it: https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?...
From the site, the most important facts:
1. It is open to any team that is interested in playing. There are no skill restrictions or skill/experience-based divisions.
2. It is a double elimination tournament with one round of matches per week starting the week of Sunday, April 10th.
3. Any player who cannot find a team can post/interact in the Mercs thread on the CommFT HL section of the forums in order to find a team.
4. There will be two conferences: the North American conference and the European conference. Teams must play in one or the other, depending on their geographical location, and there will be champions of each conference. Due to high cross-ocean pings, we will not have the two conference champions play each other.
5. Players may only play for one team.
6. Teams can sign up in this thread until Saturday, April 9th 2011. Be sure to read the OP and include all of the relevant information if you are signing up.
7. Teams will play on servers provided by Apoplexy Industries and INX Gaming.
8. The rules of the tournament have been posted in an official thread on the forums.
9. Brackets will be released as soon as sign-ups close in April.
10. Maps will be released prior to the end of registration. You can join in the discussion of the map rotation in the thread on the forums.
11. Graham and Free will be the head admins for this tournament. Contact us or post in the questions thread if you have any questions.
Below are the official rules for the CommFT Highlander Tournament #1. These rules are subject to change until sign-ups close so be sure to check back after sign-ups close to examine the final rule set.
Registration: Teams must be registered by a captain on CommFT in the registration thread on the forums. Registration ends Saturday, April 9th 2011. Each team must make a team thread and list all rostered players (9 starters and up to 4 subs) with name, Steam ID, and a link to the player's Steam Profile. Un-rostered players will not be eligible to compete in the tournament. Teams may play with fewer than 9 players on any given match night (there is no minimum number of players a team must have--the only automatic forfeits are for fielding un-rostered players or having 0 players in the server at the time the match commences), but must have 9 starting rostered players listed in the thread. Sign-ups are open to anyone who registers as a captain on the forum and posts in the thread.
Conferences: The CommFT HL tourney is divided between 2 different conferences: North America and Europe. Teams may only play in one conference and players may only play for one team. Both teams and players should play in the region that is most representative of their geographic location. The two conferences will be exclusive and the two conference champions will not play one another. Thus there will be two tournament champion teams: the North American Champion and the European Champion.
Brackets/Format: Brackets will be constructed based on number of teams signed up and rostered at the time that sign-ups close. There will be two brackets: one for North America and one for Europe. Both brackets will be double elimination and there will be one round of matches per week. All teams are guaranteed at least two matches.
Seeding: Seeding will be random.
Matches/Servers/Default Day: All matches will be held on CommFT servers at a day/time mutually agreed upon by the competing teams. The teams must contact one another via the Steam information provided in their sign-up thread. If a mutually agreed upon time cannot be reached, the teams must either come to an admin (Free or Graham) to arbitrate the dispute or they must play on the default day at a time chosen by one of the aforementioned admins. The default day is Thursday for both conferences.
Game-Mode: All teams in the tournament must play using the Highlander game-mode. Highlander is a game-mode that forces each teams to have 9 players playing 9 different classes. Thus each team will have 1 Demoman, 1 Engineer, 1 Heavy, 1 Medic, 1 Pyro, 1 Scout, 1 Sniper, 1 Soldier, and 1 Spy. There can be no deviations from this configuration in this tournament.
Configs: Configs will be released prior to the end of registration. Since all matches must be played on CommFT-provided servers, there will be no issue of the configs being installed improperly. Teams will be able to connect to the server, change the server to the appropriate map, execute the config, and play their matches without having to worry about the configs. rcons and server passwords will be released for each round of the tournament. Stay tuned for this information.
Disputes and Demos: All players must record personal demos of their matches. SourceTV demos are not sufficient. In the case of a dispute, the teams may attempt to mediate the dispute themselves. Failing that, the dispute may be brought before an admin, either Graham or Free, for mediation. The admin will ask for a copy of the demo from the player or players in question, review it, and make a decision. All admin decisions are final. No appeals may be made.
Cheating: The use of any assistance software such as aimbots, wrappers, hooks, hacks, etc. will result in an immediate forfeit for that team and an admin review of the team's eligibility for the remainder of the tournament.
Banned Items: Sandman, Natascha, Wrangler, The Ullapool Caber, and Vita-Saw. Full sets are also banned, even if their component parts are not.