GWJ SC2 Season League and Weekly Tournaments.
Please sign up here for the seasonal league.
Use this form to enter matches.
GWJ League Season Rules
1. There will be 5 levels of ranks ranging from Rank 1 to Rank 5 with Rank 5 considered the highest rank.
2. Each player will be initially put into a rank based upon their Battle.Net 1v1 Leagues.
1. Bronze = 1
2. Silver = 2
3. Gold = 3
4. Platinum = 4
5. Diamond and Masters = 5
1. Each player will play 5 “Ranked” games within the given month.
1. Players can play more than 5 games a month, but any in excess will be counted towards a tie-breaker score.
2. A player may only play any other player once a season for a “ranked” match. Any games played in excess of the first will count towards the tie-breaker score.
3. A player may play any number of tie-breaker matches.
4. Players can agree to have a match count as a tie-breaker instead of a ranked match as long as it is agreed upon before hand.
2. Points will be awarded to each winning of a match based upon the rank difference between the two players.
1. To determine the number of points awarded, use this formula:
2. 5 + Loser’s Rank - Winner’s Rank
3. The loser of the match is awarded no points.
4. In the case of a draw, each player is awarded half the normal number of points, rounded up.
5. Special Exception:
1. Special exception is used if the rank difference between the two players if greater than 2. (i.e. Rank 4 vs rank 1) and the higher ranked player win.
2. The points awarded are instead added to the tie-breaker score
3. The match does not count towards that players “ranked” matches.
4. However, if the higher ranked player loses, the match counts as one of the ranked matches for the month.
5. The reason behind this is to encourage the higher ranked players to accept challenges from the lower ranked players without “wasting” one of their “ranked” matches. It also keeps the higher ranked player from throwing the game.
6. However, if the higher ranked player wishes, he may have the game count towards one of his “ranked” matches
3. Player’s who participate in the weekly mini-tournaments can receive extra points based on the results of that tournament.
1. 1st place receives 3 extra points
2. 2nd place receives 2 extra points
3. 3rd place receives 1 extra point
4. At the end of the play period, players will be ranked in terms of points won with the tie-breaker points settling any ties.
5. Player rankings are then adjusted based upon season ending positions.
1. Each player will compare his score to the average of the group above and below his current rank.
2. Scoring below the average of the rank below you will move your rank down one.
3. Scoring above the average of the rank above you will more your rank up one.
4. A player may only move one rank each season.
1. All game reporting must be entered into this spreadsheet.
2. Posting in the forum thread is fun and all, but if it doesn’t make it into the spread sheet, I won’t count it. This is to make my life easier.
3. If there is some kind of issue with the game, please contact me (and save a game replay).