*Release* Rift Catch-All - if it isnt for any of the other threads - it goes here

My favorite dungeon is Abyssal Precipice. (And not just because I'm trying to manipulate all of you into helping me farm IPP faction for a really cool lvl 50 mount that I want - (although, helping me grind faction helps all of you grind IPP faction also)).

But I digress ... I think AP has some really neat fight mechanics, the zone is laid out nicely, and I enjoy the boss fights quite a bit.

It's a fun instance to do.

Oh, and you get faction for Chancel of Labors for a really cool mount. Oh, and other quartermaster stuff. Did I mention the lvl 50 IPP mount?

alexicacon wrote:

Did I mention the lvl 50 IPP mount?

For some stupid reason, my brain decided to read IPP in a child's voice saying I pee-pee. Thanks for that.

Anyone want to run Darkening Deeps and Deepstrike Mines with me tonight?

LtWarhound wrote:

Blood Thirsty, the Heal 6% when you kill a player perk is a waste, it requires a Silver Artifact (whatever that is) and you lose the buff when you die.

This is hardly a waste. Just go buy the silver artifact from the guy who sells the guild stuff in meridian. it doesn't matter that it expires after you die, you just apply it when you spawn like any other buff. The artifact doesn't go away.

TrashiDawa wrote:
LtWarhound wrote:

Blood Thirsty, the Heal 6% when you kill a player perk is a waste, it requires a Silver Artifact (whatever that is) and you lose the buff when you die.

This is hardly a waste. Just go buy the silver artifact from the guy who sells the guild stuff in meridian. it doesn't matter that it expires after you die, you just apply it when you spawn like any other buff. The artifact doesn't go away.

definitely! it's saved me many a times so far.

ranalin wrote:
TrashiDawa wrote:
LtWarhound wrote:

Blood Thirsty, the Heal 6% when you kill a player perk is a waste, it requires a Silver Artifact (whatever that is) and you lose the buff when you die.

This is hardly a waste. Just go buy the silver artifact from the guy who sells the guild stuff in meridian. it doesn't matter that it expires after you die, you just apply it when you spawn like any other buff. The artifact doesn't go away.

definitely! it's saved me many a times so far.

...and it doesn't wear off when you die either!

I also discovered that the resistance buff is a party (not sure about raid yet) buff.. so if there are multiple people with shards you can hit it a lot during a game, or dungeon!

TrashiDawa wrote:
ranalin wrote:
TrashiDawa wrote:
LtWarhound wrote:

Blood Thirsty, the Heal 6% when you kill a player perk is a waste, it requires a Silver Artifact (whatever that is) and you lose the buff when you die.

This is hardly a waste. Just go buy the silver artifact from the guy who sells the guild stuff in meridian. it doesn't matter that it expires after you die, you just apply it when you spawn like any other buff. The artifact doesn't go away.

definitely! it's saved me many a times so far.

...and it doesn't wear off when you die either!

Seems a bit buggy right now. With testing, it does use a planar charge if you have one. If you don't, you still get to cast it anyway. I'd still rather have the resistance buff, but its not as bad as I was led to believe.

Whats with all these Artifacts that I keep finding? I can't seem to figure out what or how they work? I click on them and they pop up a section of my character screen that is a complete and utter mystery to me.

Click, it opens the page for that artifact, there will be one set, there might be two. Pick which set you want it to go in, there will be a box for it, click there. When you get all the artifacts for a set, there is a set collector in Meridian to turn them into for a reward.

TheGameguru wrote:

Whats with all these Artifacts that I keep finding? I can't seem to figure out what or how they work? I click on them and they pop up a section of my character screen that is a complete and utter mystery to me.

When you complete sets of them, it will show as a quest turn-in in Meridian, which rewards xp and token, used to buy stuff from the vendor you turn the quest in at.

Infyrnos wrote:
TheGameguru wrote:

Whats with all these Artifacts that I keep finding? I can't seem to figure out what or how they work? I click on them and they pop up a section of my character screen that is a complete and utter mystery to me.

When you complete sets of them, it will show as a quest turn-in in Meridian, which rewards xp and token, used to buy stuff from the vendor you turn the quest in at.

wow.. I ran out of bag and bank set with them... seems like there should be a better way to store them while you complete them.

wow.. I ran out of bag and bank set with them... seems like there should be a better way to store them while you complete them.

When you click the + button in the artifact list for the set, it removes the artifact from your inventory.

TheGameguru wrote:

wow.. I ran out of bag and bank set with them... seems like there should be a better way to store them while you complete them.

When you right-click on the artifact and place it in your collections it comes out of your inventory so it won't take up any inventory space.

It's directly from EQ2, right down to the little glowy ground thingy. And they are an OCD/collector's dream/nightmare

Khoram wrote:

It's directly from EQ2, right down to the little glowy ground thingy. And they are an OCD/collector's dream/nightmare :)

Got to get them all!!!!

What does soul vitality actually do? I know it is "bad" when it drops from deaths but I don't quite understand the mechanic. Actually, the death mechanics in this game are my only real complaint about it, they feel very old school and not in a good way.

It does less than you'd think. You can die multiple times, without any impact other than the corpse run. Which is annoying enough, but pretty standard.

At some point it applies a percentage reduction to stats/skills/etc. Trouble is, I can't find anything that explains it, 50%? 30%?. One location mentions a penalty of half your stats, once you get a 'low' vitality percentage. They included a picture of the character portrait with a red ring around the vitality icon, the grey skull.

Trion support is absolutely incompetent.

I have had a support ticket open since 2/23 for a preorder pet key - still not fixed even after two calls to live support.

I have cancelled my sub, not likely to resub even if this gets fixed.

DevilStick wrote:

Trion support is absolutely incompetent.

I have had a support ticket open since 2/23 for a preorder pet key - still not fixed even after two calls to live support.

I have cancelled my sub, not likely to resub even if this gets fixed.

That's too bad, you're missing some good times.

Looks like they are listening, first we got a 15 minute warning, now we just got a 30 minute warning of server downtime. Cool. 10 minutes would have been sooo sad, since I had 11 minutes left on my first level 30 warfront. Shutout win, nice.

Khoram wrote:

It's directly from EQ2, right down to the little glowy ground thingy. And they are an OCD/collector's dream/nightmare :)

One of my favorite parts of EQ2 (about from the housing).

LtWarhound wrote:

It does less than you'd think. You can die multiple times, without any impact other than the corpse run. Which is annoying enough, but pretty standard.

At some point it applies a percentage reduction to stats/skills/etc. Trouble is, I can't find anything that explains it, 50%? 30%?. One location mentions a penalty of half your stats, once you get a 'low' vitality percentage. They included a picture of the character portrait with a red ring around the vitality icon, the grey skull.

I thought I saw someone in zone chat yesterday talk about vitality not being an issue until it reached 0%. Beats me, though. I cured mine when it was at 70%.

Soul vitality does not matter until you die with 0%. At that point, you'll see a debuff that halves your stats. It is not incremental, afaik.

ranalin wrote:
TrashiDawa wrote:

You can save gear sets for your alternate roles as well:

/saveequip 1
/loadequp 1
/saveequip 2
/loadequip 2
etc.

dude! thats good to know!

*weeps tears of joy*

It there an item guide anywhere like wowhead? I'm curious on getting more info on the Lucky Coin things you can buy.

If this game has those little collectable glowies on the ground like EQ2 did, it's gonna be the end of me I swear. I have wiped out entire raids for those things!

plavonica wrote:

If this game has those little collectable glowies on the ground like EQ2 did, it's gonna be the end of me I swear. I have wiped out entire raids for those things!

They do!

And apparently there are five million collections. I swear I've probably found a hundred different items and I only have a handful of collections with more than 1 item in them. I mean, seriously?

Kehama wrote:

And apparently there are five million collections. I swear I've probably found a hundred different items and I only have a handful of collections with more than 1 item in them. I mean, seriously?

I thought that to but you can actually track the collections in the achievement section. For example, Freemarch has 20. Keep an eye on them and if you only have one or 2 left in a collection just search the AH, you can get many of them there for 20g.

On another topic, is there a way to transfer shardstones from rift events to other zones? Exchange or whatever?

I'm having trouble getting purple in Scarwood cause those darn Guardiens keep failing their events before the big bad shows up! BTW, I have over 5k planarite, yikes!