"Rubber" movie

I have no idea what to think about this. I know it looks kind of amazing, and I know I can't wait to see it, but it's nice to see a film that looks more bizarre than Mel Gibson having long conversations with a beaver hand puppet.

If this is what we have to look forward to it won't be a Good Year.

This does look like it qualifies as a movie.

This looks awesome and I want to see it immediately.

Also, it's from a company called Magnet, which I am quite curious about. Like, for instance, how the f*ck do they work?

MechaSlinky wrote:

Also, it's from a company called Magnet, which I am quite curious about. Like, for instance, how the f*ck do they work?

Magnet is just a foreign film distribution company for the U.S. (owned by Magnolia Pictures). Rubber is a French film so Magnet is just distributing it here. They're not actually involved in the making of any of the movies they release as far as I know and I'm pretty sure they're only involved in home video distribution as I've only seen their name involved with DVD and blu-ray releases. I'm mostly a fan as they import movies that would likely never be released here in the U.S. Stuff like The Host, [rec], Bronson, the Ong Bak series, Monsters, etc. I only say "mostly" because they released a half-assed version of Let the Right One In that had really crappy subtitles and didn't provide any kind of exchange for customers once they fixed the issue in a subsequent release. If you wanted the "good" version you had to buy it a second time. But I generally keep an eye on their releases as there are quite a few really good foreign movies we'd otherwise miss out on here in the States.

Vega wrote:
MechaSlinky wrote:

Also, it's from a company called Magnet, which I am quite curious about. Like, for instance, how the f*ck do they work?

Magnet is just a foreign film distribution company for the U.S. (owned by Magnolia Pictures). Rubber is a French film so Magnet is just distributing it here. They're not actually involved in the making of any of the movies they release as far as I know and I'm pretty sure they're only involved in home video distribution as I've only seen their name involved with DVD and blu-ray releases. I'm mostly a fan as they import movies that would likely never be released here in the U.S. Stuff like The Host, [rec], Bronson, the Ong Bak series, Monsters, etc. I only say "mostly" because they released a half-assed version of Let the Right One In that had really crappy subtitles and didn't provide any kind of exchange for customers once they fixed the issue in a subsequent release. If you wanted the "good" version you had to buy it a second time. But I generally keep an eye on their releases as there are quite a few really good foreign movies we'd otherwise miss out on here in the States.

Yeah, I don't think you really understood Mecha's question.

MechaSlinky wrote:

Like, for instance, how the f*ck do they work?

Magic. And it's awesome.

MechaSlinky wrote:

This looks awesome and I want to see it immediately.

Also, it's from a company called Magnet, which I am quite curious about. Like, for instance, how the f*ck do they work?

IMAGE(http://img843.imageshack.us/img843/2438/magnetsc.jpg)

Asz wrote:
MechaSlinky wrote:

This looks awesome and I want to see it immediately.

Also, it's from a company called Magnet, which I am quite curious about. Like, for instance, how the f*ck do they work?

IMAGE(http://img843.imageshack.us/img843/2438/magnetsc.jpg)

I thought of it, now I will eternally regret not doing it.

This movie looks dumb.

Also rubber is a very good insulator.

Jayhawker wrote:

Yeah, I don't think you really understood Mecha's question.

Yeah, I completely missed it. That's what I get for posting several drinks in and way past my bed time.

Vega wrote:
Jayhawker wrote:

Yeah, I don't think you really understood Mecha's question.

Yeah, I completely missed it. That's what I get for posting several drinks in and way past my bed time.

I wasn't looking for a real answer, but I actually was a little curious about them. So, thanks.

Self aware rubber, eh? It really makes you think about the nature of the sole.

Honestly from the title of this thread I was expecting a movie about a condom and thinking "how the heck is that a movie?!" After watching the trailer I can not decide if the actual content is better or not.

krev82 wrote:

Honestly from the title of this thread I was expecting a movie about a condom and thinking "how the heck is that a movie?!" After watching the trailer I can not decide if the actual content is better or not.

I was hoping for a sequel to Teeth actually.

P.S.

Don't click that link.

Seriously...

So, trailer #2...

Still no idea what to think about this, but I kinda want to see it!

My brother introduced this to me. I will be there day one.

It's actually available on demand now. I may have to watch it this weekend.

Be ready for lots of 4th wall breaking, self aware commentary. This is a film that critiques itself as it happens, heading off the negative comments of . . . well . . . critics. Watch it for what it is: A bizarre black comedy about meeting and defeating the expectations of a horror film audience.

Serengeti wrote:

It's actually available on demand now. I may have to watch it this weekend.

Long as work behaves that was my plan too!