Portal 2 Catch-All

I've added this game to my revitalised pile. Think I'd better play some single player before plunging into co-op but if anyone is as late to the party as me and wants to try the co-op let me know. I'm in the UK so there may be time zone issues.

I'd love to, except that steam hasn't been able to connect for the past 20 hours...which makes my day so much more wonderful.

AUs_TBirD wrote:

I'd love to, except that steam hasn't been able to connect for the past 20 hours...which makes my day so much more wonderful.

Sounds bad. I should have said I'm on 360.

That would make it a bit tough to team up, true...

AUs_TBirD wrote:

That would make it a bit tough to team up, true...

Yeah. Adds a whole other layer to the puzzles :(. I just looked at the Mac version but the recommended stats are too high for me. Herumph.

I've never done the co-op and would love to find a partner. Higgledy, I'm in US Pacific time, so that might make things difficult.

PSN: JuddMensch
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/soonerjudd

Single hispanic male, seeking short term partner on 360 for Portal 2 co-op free DLC pack. ASL, no pics plz.

Higgledy, what are your usual gaming times? I haven't played co-op since release (SallyNasty, I'll never forget my first), so I doubt I'd be much of a spoiler except on the two particular puzzles that we got stuck on.

I'm also US Pacific time and haven't done the co-op (PC)... still... after bemoaning the fact 3 times in the thread already. But my wedding will have been done after next week, and I'm employed again, so I'll be able to kick back and portal around a bit. Steam link in sig -- friend me up, judd!

Congrats on the wedding, Cyranix!

Also, friend request sent. What times/days work best for you? I'm generally open to afternoons/early evenings, but arrangements can be made

soonerjudd wrote:

I've never done the co-op and would love to find a partner. Higgledy, I'm in US Pacific time, so that might make things difficult.

PSN: JuddMensch
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/soonerjudd

Would have loved to join you but I'm on 360. Should have said that in my original post. It sounds like Cyranix is a perfect match :).

Blind_Evil wrote:

Single hispanic male, seeking short term partner on 360 for Portal 2 co-op free DLC pack. ASL, no pics plz.

Higgledy, what are your usual gaming times? I haven't played co-op since release (SallyNasty, I'll never forget my first), so I doubt I'd be much of a spoiler except on the two particular puzzles that we got stuck on.

Sounds good. I often play Saturday or Sunday afternoons and get to team up with US folks playing in the morning. Seems to work well.I could also play Saturday evenings. I'll send a friend request,

My friend and I finally got around to the main co-op on Saturday and Sunday, then did the Peer Review DLC last night. The DLC took way longer than we anticipated. A review said it was in the neighborhood of 90 minutes, but I think we were on there for three hours. And we were skyping! A couple of those puzzles would have been so much harder without voice chat, and they were plenty hard as it was.

Anyway, so fun, so satisfying.

For those who can't get enough Wheatley, Steven Merchant was on Marc Maron's WTF podcast about a week ago. The interview starts at about minute 10 or 11. Nothing on Portal 2, but still totally worth it just to get to know Steven. On a side note, WTF podcast is awesome. Marc Maron interviews stand up comedians and other famous folks twice a week, and it's essential listening if you're a stand up comedy buff like I am.

Remember this?

It's coming out May 8th.

Can't wait! Fascinating idea.

shoptroll wrote:

Remember this?

It's coming out May 8th.

Is it coming to PS3/xbox too?

DanB wrote:
shoptroll wrote:

Remember this?

It's coming out May 8th.

Is it coming to PS3/xbox too?

Given MS's propensity to insist on monetization of XBL content, I doubt it.

Spoiler:

Soylent Green on Earth-5912228342 made of: LOBSTER

Awesome! The mod tools have been around a long time, but I didn't play with them much because levels weren't integrated into the game. I can't wait to see how this new system works. I may have to start thinking up some levels.

tuffalobuffalo wrote:

Awesome! The mod tools have been around a long time, but I didn't play with them much because levels weren't integrated into the game. I can't wait to see how this new system works. I may have to start thinking with portals.

Fixed

stevenmack wrote:
tuffalobuffalo wrote:

Awesome! The mod tools have been around a long time, but I didn't play with them much because levels weren't integrated into the game. I can't wait to see how this new system works. I may have to start thinking with portals.

Fixed

Shalalm Baskur. *sweeping bow*

So sweet. The editor just looks awesome.

Wow, that's Little Big Planet easy. Awesome!

I actually want to put the new editor in the hands of my 8 year old for a while. It would be great to see what he comes up with.

I hope someone comes up with a HUMONGOUS puzzle room for co-op, where you have to paint the entire room with white gel as a means to solve it.

Seriously, that part in the SP campaign, during the underground Cave Johnson section, where you can paint an entire room with white gel, that right there was more fun than most full games out today...

Oh, Portal 2 has decided to suddenly start downloading a mysterious 816.5 Mb of mystery. I smell the acrid scent of science!

stevenmack wrote:

Oh, Portal 2 has decided to suddenly start downloading a mysterious 816.5 Mb of mystery. I smell the acrid scent of science!

This update is going to make it so much easier to play the user-created coop maps. Can't wait to play them.

I had completely forgotten about this! Thanks for the reminder! I'm gonna make a room a billion miles x billion miles x billion miles, with an intricate maze where you must paint the entire room white with the White Moon Gel. Woohooo!!!

Is there some sort of virtual space where we can store Goojer maps? I think that would be fun.

kexx wrote:

Is there some sort of virtual space where we can store Goojer maps? I think that would be fun.

I don't know anything about Steam workshop but I see there's a "collection" feature. Maybe we can leverage that?