Gamers With Jobs - Unofficial IRC Channel

Just thought I'd bump this. We have some folks hanging out in #GWJMinecraft, but we're all still here.

Come and stay a while!

Once you enter, you may not leave.

One of us! One of us!

Gooble-gobble!

OK, I need an IRC for metally handicapped and comupter illiterate, while drunk people tutorial.

I can connect to the web client link, but can't do anything.

I have the Irc program installed, but have no idea how to connect to the server I want. ie GWJ.

A really basic step by step would help. Thanks.

Ghostship wrote:

OK, I need an IRC for metally handicapped and comupter illiterate, while drunk people tutorial.

I can connect to the web client link, but can't do anything.

I have the Irc program installed, but have no idea how to connect to the server I want. ie GWJ.

A really basic step by step would help. Thanks.

Well, we see you log-in, so there's that at least. There should be a very small command line window at the bottom of the screen where you can enter text..

Next step (especially as you have been drinking) is to ask Goodjer questions.

For instance, in the chat, ask "Goodjer, why is life so hard sometimes?"

delete please.

Anyone else not able to connect today?

Minarchist wrote:

Anyone else not able to connect today?

Webchat is borked. MIRC seems to be working just fine, though.

Tanglebones wrote:
Minarchist wrote:

Anyone else not able to connect today?

Webchat is borked. MIRC seems to be working just fine, though.

Not on a mac, it isn't.

'Bout to try my hand at Snak.

Verizon blocks IRC so it'll only work over wi-fi. The best workaround I've found is to run IRSSI on a Linux box at home and use IRSSI ConnectBot to SSH back to the Linux box.

So, for some reason Verizon wireless is blocked when I try to use the web client. I downloaded andchat for android and I'm trying to use the address in the original post hut it won't connect. Any one else using android?

karmajay wrote:

So, for some reason Verizon wireless is chef when I try to use the web client. I downloaded andchat for android and I'm trying to use the address in the original post hut it won't connect. Any one else using android?

??

IMAGE(http://southparkstudios.mtvnimages.com/shared/characters/adults/chef.jpg)
IMAGE(http://i1046.photobucket.com/albums/b468/fmuc/stuff/swedish-chef.jpg)

One other option from the IRC collective: RoughneckGeek says Verizon blocks some-but-not-all of the IRC servers, and that his phone (on Verizon) works when pointed to one of the Quakenet servers in France - namely, euroserv.fr.quakenet.org:6667

(I'm not on Android, and am merely relaying the info in the hopes it's helpful)

That's bizarre. If I were doing it I'd block ports, not IPs.

Tanglebones wrote:

Webchat is borked..

Borked how?

LiquidMantis wrote:

That's bizarre. If I were doing it I'd block ports, not IPs.

I agree.. which is why I went without IRC from the phone for months before I bothered trying. I saw someone join the channel a while back with a Verizon hostname and went poking around more.

Kurrelgyre wrote:
Tanglebones wrote:

Webchat is borked..

Borked how?

Oh, it was down at the time I wrote that. Back up now.

Yes that french address works, I've used it too.

Isn't there also a Swedish server that works?

I set up an IRC bouncer, personally. I used ZNC's Windows distro. I'm running it off of Comcast (:() on my home file server and it's worked quite well.

The French redirect worked on andChat fro Android.

Nevermind. EDITED Also, what do we do? I couldn't hear anyone? Is this voice chat or type chat?

Strangeblades wrote:

Nevermind. EDITED Also, what do we do? I couldn't hear anyone? Is this voice chat or type chat?

It's text chat. Connect with an IRC client or use webchat and type until you can't type anymore!

Wembley wrote:
Strangeblades wrote:

Nevermind. EDITED Also, what do we do? I couldn't hear anyone? Is this voice chat or type chat?

It's text chat. Connect with an IRC client or use webchat and type until you can't type anymore!

"You have to use your hands? That's a baby's game."

Strangeblades wrote:
Wembley wrote:
Strangeblades wrote:

Nevermind. EDITED Also, what do we do? I couldn't hear anyone? Is this voice chat or type chat?

It's text chat. Connect with an IRC client or use webchat and type until you can't type anymore!

"You have to use your hands? That's a baby's game." ;)

*picks up mouse* "Computerrrrr? Computerrrr??"
"You have to use the keyboard."
"How quaint."
/Scotty

The times, they are a changing. The idea of text chat being strange is.... novel.

Noob alert. How do I make a comment in this channel? I log in and see Boogle and Carrot and such but no field where I enter my inane comments.

Strangeblades wrote:

Noob alert. How do I make a comment in this channel? I log in and see Boogle and Carrot and such but no field where I enter my inane comments.

If you're logging in via Webchat, it should look like this:
IMAGE(http://i.imgur.com/YNWY5.png)

The arrow is pointing to the input area