What are you playing this weekend?

I've been continuing with Fallout 4! The big DLCs are either completed (or as completed as they are going to be, i.e. Nuka World) and got back to the main quest for a bit. Now my character is in a certain place where everything is clean and shiny and "synthetic" if those in the know catch my meaning.

The gameplay reveal of Ratchet & Clank for PS5 looks so good I decided to pick up the PS4 R&C game, which I had never played. So I've been playing and presumably will continue to play that.

THPS 1&2 remake!

Either Elite Dangerous or FS 2020, since I still have my HOTAS set up on my sim rig...

r013nt0 wrote:

THPS 1&2 remake!

Me too. The demo was fun and the game is reviewing very well. Long weekend and a new game FTW!!!

This weekend I'll be mixing it up with some Forgotton Anne (assuming I don't finish it tonight), Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time, Jotun, Ys: Memories of Celceta, and Inmost.

I'll be bouncing around Final Fantasy XIV, Morrowind, and The Sims 4. I might also try to work through more of the DLC for Final Fantasy XV.

brokenclavicle wrote:

This weekend I'll be mixing it up with some Forgotton Anne (assuming I don't finish it tonight), Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time, Jotun, Ys: Memories of Celceta, and Inmost.

How are you liking Forgotton Anne? I loved it!

Mario_Alba wrote:
brokenclavicle wrote:

This weekend I'll be mixing it up with some Forgotton Anne (assuming I don't finish it tonight), Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time, Jotun, Ys: Memories of Celceta, and Inmost.

How are you liking Forgotton Anne? I loved it!

It's pretty great, yeah. It's got a Ghibli/Osamu Tezuka feel to it, with genuinely funny writing, and the gameplay is very reminiscent of those old 2D Puzzle Platformers in the vein of Prince of Persia and Flashback.

Rykin wrote:
r013nt0 wrote:

THPS 1&2 remake!

Me too. The demo was fun and the game is reviewing very well. Long weekend and a new game FTW!!!

I'm on this like white on rice. THPS was such a staple of growing up. Score chasing and competing with friends just brings back amazing memories. Eventually it spiraled and burnt to the ground. But Jeff Gerstmann had mostly resounding love for the demo and seems to know what makes the series tick. So I trust his opinion on this one.

Gonna spend likely all of my weekend practicing planetary invasions in Star Fleet II: Krellan Commander:

IMAGE(https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/710933384872067094/751213790867095662/sf2.jpg)

Besides some videos of Absolute Territory for Space Game Junkie.

brokenclavicle wrote:
Mario_Alba wrote:
brokenclavicle wrote:

This weekend I'll be mixing it up with some Forgotton Anne (assuming I don't finish it tonight), Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time, Jotun, Ys: Memories of Celceta, and Inmost.

How are you liking Forgotton Anne? I loved it!

It's pretty great, yeah. It's got a Ghibli/Osamu Tezuka feel to it, with genuinely funny writing, and the gameplay is very reminiscent of those old 2D Puzzle Platformers in the vein of Prince of Persia and Flashback.

I'm glad you like it. And yes, it makes you think of those games and, of course, the Ghibli Studio movies. Such a gem of a game!

Garth wrote:

But Jeff Gerstmann had mostly resounding love for the demo and seems to know what makes the series tick. So I trust his opinion on this one.

He played a bunch of the full game on stream today, too.

Right at the end of last weekend, I finally bought:

IMAGE(https://steamcdn-a.akamaihd.net/steam/apps/392160/header.jpg)

So that is what I will be playing, while ms placed bravado continues with:

IMAGE(https://steamcdn-a.akamaihd.net/steam/apps/1238040/header.jpg)
...and its excellent party banter.

Veloxi, I'd join you in Krellan Commander, but I'm just too busy and mentally/emotionally overwhelmed to do it reliably, and I don't want to be That Guy. Really looking forward to it.

For me, Crusader Kings 3 and Logistical 3: Earth will likely do it. Maybe a bit of Total War: RTK, maybe some Planet Zoo, but mostly CK3.

I'll continue trying to figure out how this game connects to the first one...

IMAGE(https://steamcdn-a.akamaihd.net/steam/apps/1266220/header.jpg)

In other news, I'm playing the first Death End

beanman101283 wrote:

I'll be bouncing around Final Fantasy XIV, Morrowind, and The Sims 4. I might also try to work through more of the DLC for Final Fantasy XV.

Ohhh. Morrowind! Great game.

Mostly Moonlighter, and maybe some Euro Truck Simulator 2 now that I have access to a wheel (it’s so good with a wheel).

I'll be spending time with Forza Horizon 3. It's going to be removed from sale soon, so the price is reduced a fair bit. I loved 4, but wanted to play 3 mostly just because it's set in Australia. Totally worth it just to be hooning around locations from childhood memories. I think the ruggedness of the landscape is better suited to the game too. Although I did have a bit of a laugh when I was told to "take the Great Ocean Road to Byron Bay".

Beyond that, I'm hoping to play some Planet Zoo and maybe Spiritfarer too.

Some more Flight Simulator 2020 for me, but I'm also trying out CK3 on game pass.

Things have settled down a bit spo or me hopefully

FFVII Remake and hopefully get it done
FFXIV - need to finish the story from the last patch
Trails of Cold Steel 2
Battletoads new gmae

Finished up Forager on PC. Really engaging and fun experience. The progression got stalled at a couple times but otherwise felt very satisfying.

If my HOTAS arrives tomorrow, hopefully Microsoft Flight Simulator and Elite Dangerous.

Otherwise, trying to get into The Outer Worlds some more. Not quite grabbed by it in the first couple hours and not sure why.

Still making progress on Paper Mario The Origami King with my 6 year old. Finished the second streamer and still enjoying this one a ton.

Finally going to finish Throne of Darkness which has taken about 2.5x as long as my upper-limit assumption of its length.

After that, it could be anything from Uncharted 4 (probably this) to Psychonauts to Death Stranding, or even Luigi's Mansion 3 or Wasteland 2. Perhaps even resume my ancient Far Cry 2, Mass Effect 2, or Dead Island saves.

When not being responsible (house chores) or adventurous (outdoors activities) it'll be some smattering of couch co-op Unravel Two, solo Wasteland 3, or Half-Life: Alyx.

Hopefully get a chance to finally get some quality time in CK3.

Given other Gwjers posts, I am slight embarrassed to say "Modern Warfare 2: Remastered".

I know that I should be exploring some of the great non-AAA games from the last two years, such as the Outer Wilds and Control. But this was just too free and familiar.

My performance will improve next weekend.

Sasu wrote:

Otherwise, trying to get into The Outer Worlds some more. Not quite grabbed by it in the first couple hours and not sure why.

Playing this now, and that was definitely my experience. It took getting beyond the Edgewater section to get invested at all, and it still feels like my interest is hanging by a thread.

As for me, more of The Outer Worlds and finishing off Gris, with Control and The Last Campfire warming the bench in case either of those get finished/dropped.

Oh, and starting in on a chronological playthrough of the Mario games with my kids. Hoping to hit the 64-bit era right around the release of Super Mario 3D All-Stars.

benign1 wrote:
Sasu wrote:

Otherwise, trying to get into The Outer Worlds some more. Not quite grabbed by it in the first couple hours and not sure why.

Playing this now, and that was definitely my experience. It took getting beyond the Edgewater section to get invested at all, and it still feels like my interest is hanging by a thread.

Okay I'll at least follow through past Edgewater. I'm still around Edgewater. It feels like it's making all the right checkmarks (humor, style, story, presentation, gameplay), so I'm surprised I'm not loving it. I think I got overhyped from hearing so many very favorable impressions from last year and being very excited about trying it.

Enjoy playing Mario with your kids! It revitalized my love of platformers by playing through most of the Mario games with them! I'm looking forward to the All-Stars as well, to fill in the gaps of 64 and Sunshine.

I used my Epic coupon and grabbed Tony Hawk remake, can't wait.

I have the telly to myself tonight so once the kids are in bed i will probably play a bit of Smite and finish off Alien Isolation.

I plan to finish my current game of Firewatch this weekend.

Also likely to play, Battlestar Galactica Deadlock and some Wargroove.