What are you playing this weekend?

How are you finding the Stormcloaks, Bonus, and why did you choose them? I've yet to choose a side.

Veloxi wrote:

How are you finding the Stormcloaks, Bonus, and why did you choose them? I've yet to choose a side.

If Bonus chose the Stormcloaks for the same reasons as me, it's because he wants to fight the tyranny of the Thalmor since he's a firm believer in freedom to worship, political self-determination, and racial purity.

Veloxi wrote:

How are you finding the Stormcloaks, Bonus, and why did you choose them? I've yet to choose a side.

I had just finished a side quest in Windhelm, and they were right around the corner. Also, they didn't try to behead me in the beginning.

On my last clean start, I hit the Civil war early on. I chose the Stormcloaks. After I finished that questline, I was so unhappy with my choice, I restarted another fresh character and went Imperial, and left that one to rot in it's own, lonely, racist misery

Garden Ninja wrote:
Aaron D. wrote:

Thanks to the 50% Off Steam sale I spent a good chunk of the weekend tending the land.

IMAGE(http://www.maxplay.si/img/p/749-905-large.jpg)

This is coming off the heels of a month-long binge with Euro Truck Simulator 2.

Yup. I think I need help.

Sparkle Ponies, Truck Sim, Farm Sim... you know, at this point, I don't think people can even use the excuse of playing these games "ironically" anymore.

I think Gabe Newell has now proven that if you put a game on sale, gamers will buy anything; especially if someone has made a funny video about it.

I'm not gonna lie, this video made pulling the trigger a little bit easier.

I chose Stormcloaks, but always wanted to tell them to "stuff it" whenever they started getting all "true sons and daughters of Skyrim".

Wait, Stormcloaks are racists? Screw that...

Incredibly so. On my first playthrough, I went with the Stormcloaks, because well, I was holding a grudge against the Empire (for all that head choppin' nonsense). The more I progressed through the storyline, the more I regretted my choice. They're very much Nord supremacists, and that just didn't sit well with my Breton mage. So on my second playthrough, my Khajjit archer let bygones be bygones. Because the Empire imprisoning or threatening to kill you is tradition, right?

So this weekend, I'll be playing Guild Wars 2, unsurprisingly. I managed to grab a trial key for my husband (again, many thanks to Javamancer), and am already downloading the game on his computer. It barely makes the requirements, so I think I'll have to tone down the settings, but I'm looking forward to touring Tyria with him!

Veloxi wrote:

Wait, Stormcloaks are racists? Screw that...

While the Stormcloaks are racist, the Imperials are just puppets for the Thalmor who are supremacists hell-bent on removing the worship of Talos from all of Tamriel.

Because Talos was a man who was elevated to god-hood upon death, unlike the 8 other "rightful" gods.

McIrishJihad wrote:
Veloxi wrote:

Wait, Stormcloaks are racists? Screw that...

While the Stormcloaks are racist, the Imperials are just puppets for the Thalmor who are supremacists hell-bent on removing the worship of Talos from all of Tamriel.

Because Talos was a man who was elevated to god-hood upon death, unlike the 8 other "rightful" gods.

All correct, and to put it another way, the Thalmor are the racists in power, and the Stormcloaks are the racist rebels.

It's great that the Dragonborn can stay away from all this political, racist crap and just massacre all the wildlife in Skyrim. Hmm... are our priorities out of whack?

Deeeeeeeee-rail!

ahrezmendi wrote:
McIrishJihad wrote:
Veloxi wrote:

Wait, Stormcloaks are racists? Screw that...

While the Stormcloaks are racist, the Imperials are just puppets for the Thalmor who are supremacists hell-bent on removing the worship of Talos from all of Tamriel.

Because Talos was a man who was elevated to god-hood upon death, unlike the 8 other "rightful" gods.

All correct, and to put it another way, the Thalmor are the racists in power, and the Stormcloaks are the racist rebels.

It's great that the Dragonborn can stay away from all this political, racist crap and just massacre all the wildlife in Skyrim. Hmm... are our priorities out of whack?

I love that, no matter which way you go in the Civil War quest line, you get to choose racism.

omnipherous wrote:

Deeeeeeeee-rail! :-D

I'd like to point out that I actually tried to steer the conversation back in its rightful direction. Yup, I'm playing GW2 this weekend!

Does it help or hurt get back on topic if I say that I did, indeed, play Bioshock Infinite this weekend?

...and it's FULL of racism!

McIrishJihad wrote:
ahrezmendi wrote:
McIrishJihad wrote:
Veloxi wrote:

Wait, Stormcloaks are racists? Screw that...

While the Stormcloaks are racist, the Imperials are just puppets for the Thalmor who are supremacists hell-bent on removing the worship of Talos from all of Tamriel.

Because Talos was a man who was elevated to god-hood upon death, unlike the 8 other "rightful" gods.

All correct, and to put it another way, the Thalmor are the racists in power, and the Stormcloaks are the racist rebels.

It's great that the Dragonborn can stay away from all this political, racist crap and just massacre all the wildlife in Skyrim. Hmm... are our priorities out of whack?

I love that, no matter which way you go in the Civil War quest line, you get to choose racism.

Well, I won't join either of 'em then. Pissers. Is there any benefit to getting involved in the civil war?

Where is Axl Rose when we need him?

Veloxi wrote:

Well, I won't join either of 'em then. Pissers. Is there any benefit to getting involved in the civil war?

Spoiler:

I *think* there's actually a way to resolve the civil war quest line without joining either side...

... I'm sure there was mention of it in the Skyrim Thread.

Looks like it'll either be more Dragonborn, or possibly returning to The Witcher 2, which I fell off of a couple months ago.

I cannot escape Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward.

I'll be playing StarDrive for the blog since it comes out next week. Wheee.

Hopefully this will be a more calm week. In terms of video games, definitely Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon with a potential dash of Dragon's Dogma. If things go well, I will actually finally break my copy of Miskatonic School for Girls in, maybe Mall of Horror, and most likely a drunken round of Cards Against Humanity.

Trying to finish Heavy Rain and MLB The Show 13 on my PS3 and some Starcraft 2 HotS as well.

I'll be playing Parental Unit Visit 5, Random Public Transportation Searches, Attempt to do Touristy Things: Boston Crackdown Edition, and Thank the Police Officers With Assault Rifles this weekend.

Other than that, maybe some Pandora's Tower and light board gaming on Sunday?

I started

IMAGE(http://cdn2.steampowered.com/v/gfx/apps/219890/header_292x136.jpg?t=1359664602)

last night and was really digging it but man, I was getting motion sickness. I'm going to try playing it windowed and see if it helps at all.

When I'm not drinking heavily or playing League of Legends I will be continuing my FPS streak. Finished Binary Domain last week, so this week is [/b]Bioshock (1)[b]. Never got around to this game, so I figure I'll try it out then head over to Infinite if I enjoy it.

Dunno. I'll probably get some Bioshock Infinite in, but possibly not. Magic Online is the other strongest possibility.

SWTOR PvP (Need to muderize some Jedi Scum), finish up some more of Darksiders II, and that's probably it.

I shall collect more Demon's Souls, that the world may be mended. Also Fire Emblem : Subtitle I've forgotten is out today in the UK so I'll probably pick that up tomorrow. I should also get around to playing that Knife of Dunwall DLC at some point as well.

I will try to go down a PS2 route. I have Digital Devil Saga and Dragon's Quarter in the wings but Bioshock Infinite is still shiny and new though.