What are you playing this weekend?

Aaron D. wrote:

North American trucker convoy

I think this is more location appropriate:

As for my gaming plans:
After 20+ years of ownership, I finished F-1 Race on the Gameboy last night, which is disgustingly hard. Here's a game I would have gladly given 4/5 stars had it just had a difficulty select option. Instead, 3/5.

Further plans include going through To The Moon, start to finish, working my way further through the Evilution campaign in Final Doom, and perhaps knocking off the first case in Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth. I might even take another swing at getting back into Final Fantasy IX (about halfway).

Most importantly, I'm going to play "go outside" to enjoy the arrival of good weather after 5 months of misery. It's been almost uninterrupted cold, dark, and snow/ice/wet here. From Dec 1st until Feb. 28th, there were less than 100 hours of sunlight, which smashed the previous record low of 117 hours.

In a quest to save money, I shall increase my wishlist on steam, play games I already own (when I can...)

But most important to me, it's a father-daughter weekend for me. So gaming shall wait until I really got time.

ARMA3, both in game and working on the mission editor.

Finished Quantum Connundrum up last night and moved on to Spec Ops: The Line. Both are PS+ freebies. The former I would have got on PC eventually (and probably wouldn't have enjoyed as much while trying to use M&K, which since the shoulders buttons made dimension shifting so much better) and the later I would have skipped otherwise.

AUs_TBirD wrote:

After 20+ years of ownership, I finished F-1 Race on the Gameboy last night, which is disgustingly hard. Here's a game I would have gladly given 4/5 stars had it just had a difficulty select option. Instead, 3/5.

Whoa. That's something I just wrote off as impssible. Huge props man.

Now, why did you say I need to play Spec Ops right away? It's not exactly pulling me in.

mrtomaytohead wrote:

Whoa. That's something I just wrote off as impssible. Huge props man.

Now, why did you say I need to play Spec Ops right away? It's not exactly pulling me in.

Keep in mind that finishing F-1 Race demanded the invention of numerous swear words, previously unknown to humanity.

As for Spec Ops. Much of it was spoilered to me before I began it, but the spoilers were also the exact reason I picked it up. Hardly having played any stop-and-pop shooters up until then also made the gameplay feel pretty fresh to me. Here's all you need to know: whether you like the gameplay or just tolerate it (a few battles near the end get pretty tough), this is an important game.

Don't watch this if you want to avoid spoilers. In summary - Yahtzee actually likes and recommends it.

AUs_TBirD wrote:
mrtomaytohead wrote:

Whoa. That's something I just wrote off as impssible. Huge props man.

Now, why did you say I need to play Spec Ops right away? It's not exactly pulling me in.

Keep in mind that finishing F-1 Race demanded the invention of numerous swear words, previously unknown to humanity.

You're also working on Final Doom which I hear is tough as nails. You are a god among retrogamers.

shoptroll wrote:
AUs_TBirD wrote:
mrtomaytohead wrote:

Whoa. That's something I just wrote off as impssible. Huge props man.

Now, why did you say I need to play Spec Ops right away? It's not exactly pulling me in.

Keep in mind that finishing F-1 Race demanded the invention of numerous swear words, previously unknown to humanity.

You're also working on Final Doom which I hear is tough as nails. You are a god among retrogamers.

Only if you've also beaten Punch Out, Battletoads, and Ninja Gaiden.

Think I'll be playing Tomb Raider with what is left of the weekend as well as finishing season 2 of The Walking Dead on Netflix.

Going back to Radiant Historia and Digital Devil Saga

Prederick wrote:
Gravey wrote:

But I guess that means it'll actually be a lot of:

IMAGE(http://i.imgur.com/Uh6jx7w.jpg)

I grabbed this on a lark and was stunned at how fun it was. I'm genuinely considering buying it.

If you do, feel free to friend me up for some hot Bike Club leaderboard action.

Bioshock infinite, 999, and some D&D. Oh my god my taxes I have do my taxes. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

mrtomaytohead wrote:
shoptroll wrote:
AUs_TBirD wrote:

Keep in mind that finishing F-1 Race demanded the invention of numerous swear words, previously unknown to humanity.

You're also working on Final Doom which I hear is tough as nails. You are a god among retrogamers.

Only if you've also beaten Punch Out, Battletoads, and Ninja Gaiden.

No to all three. Don't even own Battletoads.

Final Doom - depends on the level, actually. Mouse control and a (more) modern engine with slight mouselook capabilities (+/- 20 degrees or so) certainly help as well.

AUs_TBirD wrote:
mrtomaytohead wrote:
shoptroll wrote:
AUs_TBirD wrote:

Keep in mind that finishing F-1 Race demanded the invention of numerous swear words, previously unknown to humanity.

You're also working on Final Doom which I hear is tough as nails. You are a god among retrogamers.

Only if you've also beaten Punch Out, Battletoads, and Ninja Gaiden.

No to all three. Don't even own Battletoads.

Final Doom - depends on the level, actually. Mouse control and a (more) modern engine with slight mouselook capabilities (+/- 20 degrees or so) certainly help as well.

We had mouse control back when Doom was new on the shelves. The lack of vertical viewing was never a big deal, because the engine simply adjusted shot height when you aimed at something that was above or below your plane. In fact, the Doom engine was not truly 3d; part of the appeal of the first System Shock (and Ultima Underworld before it) was the amazing engine, allowing you to look in all directions, lean, crouch, and crawl.

The original Ninja Gaiden, though, that was not meant for human completion.

TheHipGamer wrote:

The original Ninja Gaiden, though, that was not meant for human completion.

True that. I think I made it up to 5-3 on Virtual Console and haven't been able to progress any further. I'd toss Mega Man (the first one) in the list as well. I swear you can't beat the first boss in Dr. Wily's fort without using the elec beam + pause bug (which I think is fixed in the Anniversary Collection version).

What I meant was that, back in the day, I played Doom on a gamepad, even on PC. Mouselook (up and down) is actually important, however, because there are numerous instances in which you otherwise wouldn't even be able to see enemies above or below you. It also really helps in the platforming sections.

Ninja Gaiden? What about Ghosts'n'Goblins/Ghouls'n'Ghosts?

I finally found some time to play MechWarrior Online and SRIII yesterday. Felt great since I haven't played anything in weeks.

AUs_TBirD wrote:

What I meant was that, back in the day, I played Doom on a gamepad, even on PC. Mouselook (up and down) is actually important, however, because there are numerous instances in which you otherwise wouldn't even be able to see enemies above or below you. It also really helps in the platforming sections.

Pshaw! My lawn, get off of it. In my day, we played Doom with just the keyboard, and we were unstoppable!

AUs_TBirD wrote:

Ninja Gaiden? What about Ghosts'n'Goblins/Ghouls'n'Ghosts?

Those aren't games. They're torture.

TheHipGamer wrote:
AUs_TBirD wrote:

Ninja Gaiden? What about Ghosts'n'Goblins/Ghouls'n'Ghosts?

Those aren't games. They're torture.

Get out of my head! I accidentally closed the window before posting exactly that, but adding some more adjectives.

AUs_TBirD wrote:

As for Spec Ops. Much of it was spoilered to me before I began it, but the spoilers were also the exact reason I picked it up. Hardly having played any stop-and-pop shooters up until then also made the gameplay feel pretty fresh to me. Here's all you need to know: whether you like the gameplay or just tolerate it (a few battles near the end get pretty tough), this is an important game.

Don't watch this if you want to avoid spoilers. In summary - Yahtzee actually likes and recommends it.

Just hit chapter 11 (stopped because all the text converted to areas of white noise, so I figured the game needed to reload) and then watched the video. I see the point they're making, and I've tried some alternate stuff and some of it half worked. I will say I did feel a bit terrible a few times already.

Also, I have yet to find / be able to use non-progression related sand kills. Even when the game told me to shoot out air grates, which I saw, I got no reaction from them when shooting with 10-15 rounds.

Another weekend of Space Station 13. Managed to flood the station with volatile gasses and cause it to burn-baby-burn. Somewhat unintentional, but it earned me a ban request. So much to learn in this game, but so much that can go horribly wrong.

Spent most of the weekend playing Planetside 2, a complete stranger on the Paradox forums was nice enough to give me a free copy of EU III so I'll be playing that next weekend.

mrtomaytohead wrote:
TheHipGamer wrote:
AUs_TBirD wrote:

Ninja Gaiden? What about Ghosts'n'Goblins/Ghouls'n'Ghosts?

Those aren't games. They're torture.

Get out of my head! I accidentally closed the window before posting exactly that, but adding some more adjectives.

I guess I could play my copy of Adventures of Bayou Billy instead... Should be pretty simple, even without Zapper functionality.

Made it a retro weekend. I did play a bit of Final Doom as well as Ace Attorney Investigations, but I also started and finished Splatterhouse (TG16), which wasn't nearly as hard as I remembered; in fact it was borderline easy except for a few spots. I also nearly made it though Bonk's Adventure (also TG16). Gonna give it another go right now.

So IndieGameStand is selling this little arcade game called Voxatron, which I totally forgot I'd acquired from a previous Humble Bundle, so I loaded it up. VERY fun time, cutesy graphics, great voxelicious effects and so on.

Thanks to the 50% Off Steam sale I spent a good chunk of the weekend tending the land.

IMAGE(http://www.maxplay.si/img/p/749-905-large.jpg)

This is coming off the heels of a month-long binge with Euro Truck Simulator 2.

Yup. I think I need help.

Aaron D. wrote:

Thanks to the 50% Off Steam sale I spent a good chunk of the weekend tending the land.

IMAGE(http://www.maxplay.si/img/p/749-905-large.jpg)

This is coming off the heels of a month-long binge with Euro Truck Simulator 2.

Yup. I think I need help.

Sparkle Ponies, Truck Sim, Farm Sim... you know, at this point, I don't think people can even use the excuse of playing these games "ironically" anymore.

I draw the line at Sparkle Ponies. That just seems...wrong.

Garden Ninja wrote:
Aaron D. wrote:

Thanks to the 50% Off Steam sale I spent a good chunk of the weekend tending the land.

IMAGE(http://www.maxplay.si/img/p/749-905-large.jpg)

This is coming off the heels of a month-long binge with Euro Truck Simulator 2.

Yup. I think I need help.

Sparkle Ponies, Truck Sim, Farm Sim... you know, at this point, I don't think people can even use the excuse of playing these games "ironically" anymore.

Who's been playing Euro Truck ironically?

Not I.

It's my current front-runner for GOTY.

Played some ME1 and BioShock Infinite.

The random planets and terrible shooting is really hurting the ME1 experience for me (doesn't help it any that this is like my 8th or so play-through). It seems even worse than I remember it from my last play-through in late 2011. I am trying to play as a different character than I have ever done before which makes it interesting. I am doing sort of Renegade BroShep (FemShep is canon for me) who has something of a chip on his shoulder especially with the Council races. Garrus has earned my respect, but Liara has yet to prove herself to me. Selected Ruthless and Earthborn for the back story.

BioShock is excellent but a slow mover for me. Not sure exactly how far in I am but I think it is around 7 to 8 hours and Liz is just now starting to open up tears for me. I may be exploring the environments a little too well.

I actually chose to join the Stormcloaks. Around 100 hours into Skyrim, I've just started the main quest.