What are you playing this weekend?

Red Orchestra 2 beta and looking at maybe starting up Mafia 2

I will still fight (or rather sneak) myself through Deus Ex HR and slip in a few Monday Night Combat Matches.

After I get back from work.

Probably some EU3 and then one of my pile games - either Bully or 3D Dot Game Heroes.

Continuing our first game of this:

IMAGE(http://i1133.photobucket.com/albums/m595/Rexneron/arkham.jpg)

Somehow, my trying out the Call of Pripyat Complete mod a couple of weekends ago has turned (by way of a save-corruption issue) into replaying the vanilla game. So, I expect I'll end up playing a bit more of it this weekend, even though the biggest thing I've done differently from my first playthrough is getting the Man of Balance achievement instead of Friend of Freedom.

Spoiler:

You get better rewards for taking sides, and I ended up unable to recruit Strider.

misplacedbravado wrote:

Somehow, my trying out the Call of Pripyat Complete mod a couple of weekends ago has turned (by way of a save-corruption issue) into replaying the vanilla game. So, I expect I'll end up playing a bit more of it this weekend, even though the biggest thing I've done differently from my first playthrough is getting the Man of Balance achievement instead of Friend of Freedom.

Spoiler:

You get better rewards for taking sides, and I ended up unable to recruit Strider.

Just finished my first run with Stalker: Shadow of Chernobyl. Cool game!

Probably a little Fallout: NV for me this weekend. My wife's yoinked DA: 2 from me, and DA:O is totally borked until the next patch.

Tanglebones wrote:

...and DA:O is totally borked until the next patch.

What happened there?

Jeff-66 wrote:
Tanglebones wrote:

...and DA:O is totally borked until the next patch.

What happened there?

DA:O downloaded through non-Steam services installs some of the XML to the wrong spot in the registry. The 1.05 patch to fix this is still in beta, and totally borks the game by adding huge load times to everything.

I'm going to try to go through Shadows of the Damned which I've had from the rental service for like a month. Hoping to get some Earth Defense Force: Insect Armageddon 3 player co-op in with Stylez and his friend too.

Gonna try to get some L4D2 VS going.
I'm having withdrawals.

Probably try Black Ops(edit: FREE weekend on Steam) to see how badly it runs on my pc. That way I can just go ahead and ignore all the shooters this fall.

Act 2 Hell with my Werebear

IMAGE(http://www.rpgamer.com/games/diablo/diablo2/screens/screenshot12.jpg)

4th Edition game on Fantasy Grounds

IMAGE(http://www.fantasygrounds.com/images/screenshots/fg2-screenshot-09.jpg)

IMAGE(http://gamingirresponsibly.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/image008.jpg)

IMAGE(http://storeimages.impulsedriven.com/product_gfx/kohan5.jpg)

Spoiler:

Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Kohan: Immortal Sovereigns

Druidpeak wrote:

If I had gone to Gamescom would I have been able to get a shirt?

(Likely not, I'm afraid, we didn't bring enough even for our own staff...)

Rexneron wrote:

Continuing our first game of this:

Mmmm, Arkham Horror. It's been too long. We still haven't tried the latest expansion. Next weekend, though? Some Battlestar Galactica.

IMAGE(http://i.imgur.com/lCmGx.jpg)
Gotta try all the rotating champs.

IMAGE(http://i.imgur.com/hGn2u.jpg)
Now that I'm finally LvL 15, and a Paladin to boot, so many more options are available. Can't wait to run some dungeons. The festival event has got a nice horde mode as well.

IMAGE(http://i.imgur.com/WPiz7.jpg)
Just picked this up from the D2D sale. Hope I won't play too much. :/

So far, a tiny bit of Syberia and a few levels of Quake II - The Reckoning expansion.

AUs_TBirD wrote:

So far, a tiny bit of Syberia and a few levels of Quake II - The Reckoning expansion.

Heh, partyin' like it's 1999.

Jeff-66 wrote:
AUs_TBirD wrote:

So far, a tiny bit of Syberia and a few levels of Quake II - The Reckoning expansion.

Heh, partyin' like it's 1999.

When I come home from work in my flying car, I like to fire up some Quake II in my holodeck right before taking my meal pill and settling down into the regeneration chamber.

Also, I played 9 years of an aborted campaign of Bandit Kings of Ancient China. Aborted because the antagonist, Gao Qui, gobbled up the map right from the get-go and I couldn't seem to recruit enough competent heroes to fight any of his territories with.

cyrax wrote:

IMAGE(http://i.imgur.com/hGn2u.jpg)
Now that I'm finally LvL 15, and a Paladin to boot, so many more options are available. Can't wait to run some dungeons. The festival event has got a nice horde mode as well.

What is that game?

This is a celebratory weekend for me after getting my desktop up and running (and stable!) again, so I'm hitting all my faves: Borderlands, Just Cause 2, Paradox games... hooray for long weekends!

It looks like I've mainly gotten sucked into replaying Zelda II again. That game is just so darn good. It's the other sadly neglected entry in the Zelda franchise.

Manach wrote:
cyrax wrote:

IMAGE(http://i.imgur.com/hGn2u.jpg)
Now that I'm finally LvL 15, and a Paladin to boot, so many more options are available. Can't wait to run some dungeons. The festival event has got a nice horde mode as well.

What is that game?

Action MMO, Dragon Nest, from Nexon. Seriously fun.

What are you playing this weekend? (Sept 9 to 11 edition)

IMAGE(http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g81/ziffel66/gaming%20pics/da2-3.jpg)

IMAGE(http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g81/ziffel66/gaming%20pics/port2.jpg)

IMAGE(http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g81/ziffel66/gaming%20pics/deadisland.jpg)

IMAGE(http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g81/ziffel66/gaming%20pics/dxhr.jpg)

I've started a new run through Baldur's Gate 1. The plan is eventually to head into 2, though I don't know if I'll last that long with it.

EasyTutu, by the way, is pretty awesome. BGTutu is a project to port BG1 assets to the BG2 engine. EasyTutu makes it well, easy. You install both games (available on GOG), run EasyTutu, and you end up with a third install that blends elements from both. Optionally, you can have it change over the BG1 install, saving space, but the default is not to touch the original games in any way.

Second Edition is a weird set of roleplaying rules for sure, but man, Bioware did such a good job with translating them to computer code.

No DRM, no DLC, no bullsh*t. No greedy corporations trying to monetize you. Just gaming.

More of this. Actually made progress last weekend.
IMAGE(http://estrenosgo.com/fx/media/imgs/24/24306a.jpg)

Should arrive today from Amazon
IMAGE(http://cdn4.gidn.net/images/covers/med/16768.jpg)

Should arrive today from GameFly
IMAGE(http://estrenosgo.com/fx/media/imgs/24/24541a.jpg)

And perhaps some of this
IMAGE(http://media.strategywiki.org/images/thumb/8/81/Sam%26Max_Season_One_ep105_reality_2.0_logo.jpg/250px-Sam%26Max_Season_One_ep105_reality_2.0_logo.jpg)

I think I'll play with Split Second on the 360 and maybe finish Magicka in coop.

I'll be finishing up the Resistance 3 campaign this weekend (though I'm still looking to co-op it with someone if anyone's interested, the campaign's actually good so far) and then starting Space Marine on PC.

IMAGE(http://static.product-reviews.net/wp-content/uploads/ea-sports-nhl-12-get-cover-2.jpg)

Board games and party hosting.

Deus Ex: HR, The Show '11, Ass Creed 2, Driver: SF, maybe some Twilight Princess?