Weight Loss Group - 2011 Edition (New Goodjers Welcome)

Holy crap it's tough to eat right while traveling. It's not just the food selection, it's drinking enough water and timing my meals that's proving next to impossible. I have a new weigh-in tomorrow, so we'll see if it damaged my progress.

Come with me. Experience the feverish rhythm of Influenza.

Saturday Weigh-In

Starting Weight: 270 lbs (8/25/2012)
Current Weight: 227 lbs (2/2/2013)
Target weight: 225 lbs.
Target Goal date: March 1st.

Fitness Goal (February): Jog 3.0 kilometers once a week. Light weight-training twice a week.
Food Goal (February): Pack lunches more frequently.

OK, finally over all this gastro, and I was trying my hardest to get back into eating proper foods again. I haven't been eating 'good-healthy' food, and the doctor said that was OK as I just needed to get my digestive system back to regular scheduling.

Without going into TMI territory, solids for over a week now (in and out), so I jumped on the scales to see how much of my progress I'd wrecked with not watching what I'd eaten.

Age: 39
Height: 180cm (formerly 183cm)
Starting Weight: 113 kg
Start Date: September 16, 2012
Target Weight: <100 kg

Last Weight: 102.7 kg

Loss to date/progress: 10.3kg (9.1% change)
That's almost 23lbs for you not metrically minded.

Blew my mind when that flashed up on the screen. Best part is, I'm fitter and healthier too than when i started this up. My 5 hour shifts, 5 times a week, as a night filler have increased my stamina, physicality and core strength. I may just get sub 100kg at this rate!

Height: 6'1"
Starting weight: 284 lbs
Current weight: 251.5
Goal weight: 185 lbs

Another 6 pounds down. I know it's easier to lose weight at the beginning of a diet, but I keep hoping that six pounds a week stays consistent. It won't, but I can hope!

trichy wrote:

Holy crap it's tough to eat right while traveling. It's not just the food selection, it's drinking enough water and timing my meals that's proving next to impossible. I have a new weigh-in tomorrow, so we'll see if it damaged my progress.

I hear ya. Make this your travel buddy. Keep it with you at all times. Fill 'er up before you leave the hotel in the morning.

IMAGE(http://www.thelostogle.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/nalgene-bottle.jpg)

Jonman wrote:
trichy wrote:

Holy crap it's tough to eat right while traveling. It's not just the food selection, it's drinking enough water and timing my meals that's proving next to impossible. I have a new weigh-in tomorrow, so we'll see if it damaged my progress.

I hear ya. Make this your travel buddy. Keep it with you at all times. Fill 'er up before you leave the hotel in the morning.

IMAGE(http://www.thelostogle.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/nalgene-bottle.jpg)

Jen bought me one this weekend, a lot like that. Except it's hot pink. I'm thinking she might have an ulterior motive.

Insanity's second month is killing me. My knees are so sore right now.

For some reason I read that as 'second mouth' and I was very perturbed.

bighoppa wrote:

For some reason I read that as 'second mouth' and I was very perturbed.

I wouldn't know what to do with a second mouth.

JohnKillo wrote:
bighoppa wrote:

For some reason I read that as 'second mouth' and I was very perturbed.

I wouldn't know what to do with a second mouth.

And why would your knees be sore?

bighoppa wrote:
JohnKillo wrote:
bighoppa wrote:

For some reason I read that as 'second mouth' and I was very perturbed.

I wouldn't know what to do with a second mouth.

And why would your knees be sore?

Insanity is a lot of jumping, burpies, and poly metric workouts.

I meant in relation to having two mouths.

Because I would be overweight?

JohnKillo wrote:

Because I would be overweight?

I think Big Hoppa is alluding to the fact that...

Spoiler:

with two mouths, you could perform some kind of crazy weird double fellatio

...and would therefore have the sore knees from such an act.

That's disgusting! I would never post something like that in a public forum!

Spoiler:

I would totally post something like that in a public forum.

Huzzah! After a month of crazy weight fluctuations, I'm finally seeing my weight steadily dropping. I'm five pounds off my peak, which was a weird spike, and two pounds down from my average in January. I usually get this sudden drop when I'm adjusting my diet, so I know it's not really sustainable. I didn't expect it from such mild caloric intake changes, though. Still, it's nice to see the trend line bend ever more downward in WeightBot!

Same numbers as last week. My sleep pattern is messed up, so mealtime and weight fluctuations are the order of the day.

Saturday Weigh-In

Starting Weight: 270 lbs (8/25/2012)
Current Weight: 227 lbs (2/9/2013)
Target weight: 225 lbs.
Target Goal date: March 1st.

Fitness Goal (February): Jog 3.0 kilometers once a week. Light weight-training twice a week.
Food Goal (February): Pack lunches more frequently.

Wow, this thread is great. Good luck to everyone! It takes a long time to reach your goals, but it's worth it : )

sh*t.

Stuck to my diet like glue this last week, and I gained a &%*&% pound.

I am angry and frustrated.

One pound is noise. :p That's one reason I actually like weighing every day. You know that any given measurement is just one data point and that it only makes sense to look at the long-term trend. Once a week, you kind of think that the trend should be evident every time you weigh, but it just doesn't work that way consistently.

(Speaking of which, I should get back into the habit of weighing every day. (: )

trichy wrote:

sh*t.

Stuck to my diet like glue this last week, and I gained a &%*&% pound.

I am angry and frustrated.

Do that, it might get rid of that extra pound.

Height: 5'10"
Starting Weight (2012-08-20): 212.2 lb
Current Weight (2013-02-17): 160.8 lb
Target Weight (2013-04-12): 145.0 lb (projected ~145.3 lb)
Weight Loss Progress: 51.4 lb (~2.0/week)

Edit: Update.

Sunday Weigh-In

Rough week. Surprised I didn't gain weight.

Starting Weight: 270 lbs (8/25/2012)
Current Weight: 227 lbs (2/17/2013)
Target weight: 225 lbs.
Target Goal date: March 1st.

Fitness Goal (February): Jog 3.0 kilometers once a week. Light weight-training twice a week.
Food Goal (February): Pack lunches more frequently.

I ran, jogged & walked 3 flights of stairs for 30 minutes. I think I hotboxed the bottom floor. It was like descending into Smell Hell.

Oh right. I weigh 165 pounds. I seemed to have lost weight? I don't know where. I thought I weighed 176.

I weigh 162 pounds. What? Anyway I ran 2.4 km in beach sand with 16 pounds of weight. Then I walked 1.2 km in beach sand with 16 pnds of weight. Ugh-ugh.

Height: 6'1"
Starting weight: 284 lbs
Current weight: 243.5 lbs
Goal weight: 185 lbs

Forty pounds down! This Medifast program is the sh!t. I've had a few slow weeks, but for the most part, I'm averaging about 4 pounds a week, and I'm having almost no trouble sticking to the diet.

:-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-)

High five trichy

Sunday Weigh-In

Starting Weight: 270 lbs (8/25/2012)
Current Weight: 226 lbs (2/24/2013)
Target weight: 225 lbs.
Target Goal date: March 1st.

Fitness Goal (February): Jog 3.0 kilometers once a week. Light weight-training twice a week.
Food Goal (February): Pack lunches more frequently.

A 4.8 km run on the beach with 10 pounds of weight.

Started using MyFitnessPal on January 17th after weighing myself at the doctor's office. Back today, and I've lost 15.1 pounds just by being more conscious of what I put in my mouth.