Cartoon watchers with jobs

Baron Of Hell wrote:
Baron Of Hell wrote:

Watching Duck Tales season one at the moment. Just watched episode 7 Whatever Happen to Della Duck. Della is Donald's sister and the boy's mother. Some of the previous episodes hinted that something bad happen to her that the adults wouldn't talk about. In this episode as the title suggests we get to see exactly what happen with her. This was fantastic episodes. Hits you in the feels.

Oh snap that was actually season 2 episode 7.

Lol, I just finished season 2 recently, watching it with a couple breaks in there and was wondering if they really did reveal all the way back in season 1. Not sure they really needed to end the season the way they did with (spoilered to not give anything away if you care, but I'm still only talking in generalities)

Spoiler:

increasing the stakes since the show is supposed to be about the adventure, not the overall stakes in play

About half way through RWBY volume 8. The big thing I noticed was certain characters not talking when they should have something to say. I guess this is to cut cost. I actually thought he company completely folded.

Couple of interesting things going also. The show is much bleaker than the other season. A kid is tortured. Someone has a flash where they are abused. One member of team rwby is falling down a pit depression. Is all hope lost? Is any kid safe? Will more characters talk?

They also introduced a trans character. I believe they already had trans characters but this one has a backstory. Unfortunately her story added to the bleak feel of the show. I think there will be only one romantic relationship that survives the end of the show. Now that I think about only one relationship on the shop hasn't blown up so far.

I started watching Solar Opposites. I wasn't sold on the first episode, but I started to really like it beginning with the second episode. It's basically Rick and Morty without the crushing nihilism. And The Wall is awesome.

Djinn wrote:

I started watching Solar Opposites. I wasn't sold on the first episode, but I started to really like it beginning with the second episode. It's basically Rick and Morty without the crushing nihilism. And The Wall is awesome.

But enjoying the crushing nihilism is what makes me feel superior to others who "don't get it."

Justice Society World War II starts off excellent. Wonder Women's into is fantastic. I didn't like her outfit at first but it grew on me. She had some big inspirations from the movies. The one bad thing about her was her eyes. She kind of had this dead panned stare going on kind of like the characters in Archer have.

Oddly enough this could have been as a wonder woman movie. I think if they just made it a wonder woman movie it would have been better. I watched this movie twice and have no idea who the bad guy is. I don't think they ever say his name or give him a really motivation besides wanting to be on the winning side. For a movie titled with world war 2 there was very little world war 2 stuff going on. Most of the justice society were props they you wont remember being in the movie a week later.

There were a bunch of things that mad no sense.

Spoiler:

Wonder Woman wanted to torture info out of flash but she has the lasso of truth. One character even brings up she could just use the lasso.

Hour man can only use his powers for one hour per day. At one point he says he has 10 minutes left. A few hours later he is still using his super powers. Then later he states he is useless because he already used up his daily hour power. Okay then why did they bring him on the mission without any weapons.

Wonder woman gives the flash a wedding ring so he can give it to his girlfriend. At no point in the movie does Flash state he has a girlfriend or that he was thinking of getting married. Now I take it more time has passed than what was shown so they could have talked off screen. The only problem is the show makes it out everything happen in a day.

The story and pacing of this movie was just terrible which is sad because it had promise. I wonder if it was extremely badly edited.

Still worth watching for crazy eyes wonder woman but this isn't one of the good movies.

You guys. Birdgirl is so good. So. Good.

Djinn wrote:

I started watching Solar Opposites. I wasn't sold on the first episode, but I started to really like it beginning with the second episode. It's basically Rick and Morty without the crushing nihilism. And The Wall is awesome.

The Wall episodes are so bizarre, in a good way. Like they could be a spinoff, haha.

They're also fun because if you rewatch them you'll notice stuff happening in the background. Or at least I did because I'm not great at multitasking and catching all those details on the first try. The episode titles usually have to do with the story of the main characters outside the wall, which they ignore almost entirely except for stuff happening in the background, haha.

Djinn wrote:

I'm sad that Duck Tales has come to an end, but you couldn't have asked for a better series finale. It was absolutely perfect, every major character got a chance to shine, and it wrapped up the show perfectly. I'm really going to miss this show.

I was just reading that apparently unless you're a unstoppable hugely profitable breakout hit Disney cuts all their animated TV shows off at 3-ish seasons because that's their syndication goal.

I really like the reboot but the last season overall was weaker than previous ones, so maybe it's for the best! I haven't watched the finale yet, though. Looking forward to it.

I tried watching the animated Spider-man series on Disney Plus, the one with the Maximum Carnage storyline and a few episodes with baby groot.

It's... really bad. Like even setting your expectations low it's still bad. The voice acting is bad, the writing is bad, the animation is bad. It's the big bang theory of comic adaptations where the entire point seems to just be cramming as many cameos/references into each episode as possible, in place of actual humor or story.

It's actually so bad I didn't even bother with any of the other animated Marvel series. If this made it 3+ seasons the others must be even worse.

On a different note, I'm actually chuckling at/enjoying The Great North on Hulu more than I expected. But maybe that's just because having the voices of Jenny Slate and Nick Offerman and Dulce Sloan predisposes me to liking it. Kinda standard wholesome-y storylines, but I still laughed at gags like the entire family getting addicted to watching a soap or hunting bigfoot or an imaginary Alanis Morisette voiced by actual Alanis Morisette.

Just watched the series finale of Ducktales, pretty good ending. I wasn't sure what was going on with the horse statue or why Webby's friend turning into a magical super hero, could she always do that? Those things didn't hurt the show. They made a lot of callbacks so it was probably explained in a episode I forgot about. The main bad guy was cool. Loved his new design and what happen to him at the end which continues to make the world they live in weird.

ccoates wrote:

I tried watching the animated Spider-man series on Disney Plus, the one with the Maximum Carnage storyline and a few episodes with baby groot.

It's... really bad. Like even setting your expectations low it's still bad. The voice acting is bad, the writing is bad, the animation is bad. It's the big bang theory of comic adaptations where the entire point seems to just be cramming as many cameos/references into each episode as possible, in place of actual humor or story.

It's actually so bad I didn't even bother with any of the other animated Marvel series. If this made it 3+ seasons the others must be even worse.

I am just rewatching the 90s X-Men and Spider-Man cartoons. No need for that new nonsense.

Baron Of Hell wrote:

Just watched the series finale of Ducktales, pretty good ending. I wasn't sure what was going on with the horse statue or why Webby's friend turning into a magical super hero, could she always do that? Those things didn't hurt the show. They made a lot of callbacks so it was probably explained in a episode I forgot about. The main bad guy was cool. Loved his new design and what happen to him at the end which continues to make the world they live in weird.

Just found out David Tenet was Scrooge.

Baron Of Hell wrote:
Baron Of Hell wrote:

Just watched the series finale of Ducktales, pretty good ending. I wasn't sure what was going on with the horse statue or why Webby's friend turning into a magical super hero, could she always do that? Those things didn't hurt the show. They made a lot of callbacks so it was probably explained in a episode I forgot about. The main bad guy was cool. Loved his new design and what happen to him at the end which continues to make the world they live in weird.

Just found out David Tenet was Scrooge.

There is an episode in the first season where they have to stop a Bond villain character... They were stopping her from making the berry juice potion from gummy bears. It blew my mind. My wife was like 'meh'.... We're going to counseling tomorrow...

Season 2 of The Owl House started last week.

Baron Of Hell wrote:

Season 2 of The Owl House started last week.

HELL YESSSSS!!!

Haven't watched Fantastic planet in over 30 years. Be interesting to watch it as an adult. I seen it more than once but only remember giant blue people keeping humans as pets.

I had forgotten a Kevin Smith version of Masters of the Universe was coming out until I stumbled on it on Netflix last night. Most of the first episode was a big homage to the first series, but the end and the very beginning of episode 2 point towards a pretty new and so far likable direction.

Lots of talk in the Netflix thread about it.