Bay Area: HedgeCon 2010 - Oct 23

I am 100% in for the S&T, though it saddens me to see now Saboteur in either game collection. I will attempt to rectify this glaring omission.

Hedge, I would like to bring a guest as well if extras are OK - I'll e-mail you later this weekend/Monday to work out the details.

Just confirming that I'm still in for this. Also, assuming it's not a problem with Hedge, Nerdtastic will be joining me.

PS - I will be giving away one of Mr. 7inchsplit's SUPER DUPER AWESOME HAPPY FUNTIME Posters commemorating the event. (Note to self: come up with some kind of contest.)

If you're extra nice, he may even sign it

HedgeWizard wrote:

If you're extra nice, he may even sign it ;)

sh*t, I'm gonna have to pick up a sparkly silver glitter sharpie.

Hey, who do I talk to about picking up the poster at the party instead of shipping? Think I forgot to put additional info in my Paypal order.

Hedge: I can bring two additional mics for Rock Band. One wired, one wireless.

Reach out to Trueheart on the poster, and he'll make sure it is delivered to my place.

I think his excellency 7inchsplit is bringing a couple of mics, so we should be covered. But you never know... With your vocal range, we may have a blowout.

HedgeWizard wrote:

7inchsplit is bringing a couple of mics

Yup, two wireless mics along with two mic stands. But bring your wireless, Demi, in case one of mine decides to be ornery.

Zerokfe and I are most likely coming.

I was going to come but fate has intervened. Have fun, y'all.

complexmath wrote:

I was going to come but fate has intervened. Have fun, y'all.

IMAGE(http://www.gobblin.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/darth_vader_noooo1.jpg)

I shall be there, sans gf this time. I'll be BARTing down and back. I could bring Rock Band stuff if needed also, though it sounds like we're covered on that front.

Hopefully we didn't scare her off when we all went out to welcome Cory... On another note, we will hoist a drink in honor of your recent credentialing. That test is BRUTAL!

Not gonna make it. Sorry.

Right on! I'll be there via BART (or CalTrain if that's easier?) late in the afternoon.

I'm afraid I left most of my gaming gear behind when I moved, but I'm happy to supply food/drinks/hijinx as needed. PM with any requests!

Grumpicus wrote:

Not gonna make it. Sorry.

Bummericus.

Seraph wrote:

Right on! I'll be there via BART (or CalTrain if that's easier?) late in the afternoon.

CalTrain is much closer, and easier to manage mid-event, but we can/will accommodate. I believe Demiurge and Nerdtastic are arriving via BART (EastBay). I'll coordinate with public transport people when we get much closer to arrange rides.

My excitement for this is already reaching critical levels, so much so that my head might just explode.

Cannot. Wait.

Any specific board games people want to play?

Demiurge wrote:

Any specific board games people want to play?

Dibs on Return to Castle Ravenloft.

So it turns out I have a previous commitment that I'd completely forgotten about until today. We can't make it, sorry.

lunabean wrote:

So it turns out I have a previous commitment that I'd completely forgotten about until today. We can't make it, sorry. :(

OKAY - for realies: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Quick update, I'll definitely be there*, my awesome better half and offspring will not be in attendance. ThatAwesomeWife and I made a trade, she's on kid duty Saturday while I hit the S&T, then I'm on duty Sunday while she hits a bridal shower. So, with that being said, can I also put in dibs for Ravenloft?

*If any East Bayer's want or need to carpool, I'm happy to provide some degree of shuttle service. I live two blocks from the Bay Fair BART Station, and would be happy to make a pickup there so we can all carpool across the bay over to Hedge's. PM me if you're interested.

It'll just be me, but I've realize that if the NLCS goes six games, then game six will be played that Saturday. Will one TV be reserved for baseball viewing by rabid Giants fans such as myself? And what is the stogie situation?

I am happy to pick up people at the train station as well. I ride Caltrain 5 times a week, so I'm familiar with the route. Plus, I'm easily spotted. I have pure white hair.

Rat Boy wrote:

It'll just be me, but I've realize that if the NLCS goes six games, then game six will be played that Saturday. Will one TV be reserved for baseball viewing by rabid Giants fans such as myself? And what is the stogie situation?

Baseball? What is that?

I have 1 50" TV that can definitely be tuned to the game, plus 2 computers that can stream if necessary (in different rooms). Game time is 3:30 right? Sadly, my house isn't epic in size, so if it goes to game 6, you'll be sharing space with some dirty gamers.

I have a few stogies (from a bachelor party many moons ago) - so feel free to bring some down. My backyard and patio are ripe for the smoking.

PS. We're at 18+ people (pending a few more confirmations). Nice! Should be a good time.

ThatGuy42 wrote:

*If any East Bayer's want or need to carpool, I'm happy to provide some degree of shuttle service. I live two blocks from the Bay Fair BART Station, and would be happy to make a pickup there so we can all carpool across the bay over to Hedge's. PM me if you're interested.

Sephirotic wrote:

I am happy to pick up people at the train station as well. I ride Caltrain 5 times a week, so I'm familiar with the route. Plus, I'm easily spotted. I have pure white hair.

Thanks for the offers gents! If either of these fellows can help, let them know. Otherwise PM me with your details; what station you'll be at and roughly when, and we'll make sure a ride meets you.

Finally, I'm still trying to figure out what to do for dinner (snacks are totally covered already, but bring anything special you might want to share). Sadly we're a little above what my wife and I can comfortably manage for making a kickass dinner.

Let me know which we should do:

A)we can grill up a bunch of burgers, hotdogs, sausages, veggie burgers, whatever + some minimal sides.

B) we can all chip in for a ton of pizzas and the like.

Preferences?

HedgeWizard wrote:

Game time is 3:30 right?

Paper says first pitch is at 12:57 if thy need a game six, so we should be good.

HedgeWizard wrote:

A)we can grill up a bunch of burgers, hotdogs, sausages, veggie burgers, whatever + some minimal sides.

B) we can all chip in for a ton of pizzas and the like.

If people lean towards grilling, I can lend a hand. I only know how to cook with fire.

Edit: Silly question - about when is the podcast going to be recorded local time?

HedgeWizard wrote:

B) we can all chip in for a ton of pizzas and the like.

OK, I can't make it

But if I could, I would say Amici's!

So, I think we'll see what the weather is supposed to be by Thursday. If prognosis is clear then, we'll BBQ and I'll pick up burgers, hot dogs and sausages on Friday. If the weather is sour, we'll order out and stay toasty.

Outlook calls for a chance of rain on Saturday.

I would like to add:

Bring DragonQuest IX if you have it! I am looking to expand my collection of maps.

Its this saturday! Damn time is flying WAAAAY too fast. I'll talk to the SO and see if I can squeeze it in!