Codemasters F1 2010 Catch-All
NA - 22 September 2010
EU - 24 September 2010
• All the cars, all the stars: All the drivers contesting the championship are here, including former World Champions Lewis Hamilton, Fernando Alonso, Michael Schumacher, and Jenson Button.
• Every circuit, beautifully realized: Race wheel to wheel on all 19 of the 2010 tracks, each modeled with exceptional attention to detail and jaw-dropping visuals. Visit the iconic circuits such as Silverstone, Spa, Monza, and Monaco, and experience the dramatic night races of Abu Dhabi and Singapore, and of course, the debut of the South Korea International Circuit, a first for any game.
• Be the driver, live the life: From the paddock to the garage, everything is viewed from the driver's perspective. Feel the building excitement and emotion of a race weekend. Interact with real personalities, rival drivers, teammates and team members, fans, and of course, the press. Use the media to spur the team on or to criticize the lack of car development. Pressure rivals in the hope they fold during the Championship.
• The world's greatest cars, the most exciting racing: Fully customize a huge range of vehicle variables to suit your style of driving and eke every last ounce of performance from your car, or leave the leg work to your race engineer and head straight out onto the track. F1 2010 supports a comprehensive range of racing wheels for the ultimate racing experience.
• Fully dynamic weather: Codemasters' Active Track technology means the grip in the wet or dry for each circuit's track surface is modeled down to just 30cm! Individual tire performance is accurately modeled depending on the amount of grip, rain, or standing surface water at any given point. Adjust your driving style by searching out grip or take the line that allows water to cool tires.
• Unprecedented authenticity: Extensive consultancy has been performed with a range of F1 professionals, including race engineers, mechanics and drivers, and combined with real world data including CAD and on-board telemetry to deliver an authentic race experience.
• Build a career: Whether players wish to work their way up from the bottom, switching teams as they go, or build a dynasty with their chosen team, you can realize your aspirations in the extensive and challenging career mode. Compete with your teammate to become the priority driver and shape the future development of the car by performing well in races and funding performance upgrades. Develop rivalries with drivers from other teams but keep it clean, or the media will be waiting!
• The drama of the pit: The full pit lane, featuring each of the thirteen teams, becomes home to tense and exciting moments of drama and gameplay as the drivers and crew work to return their car to the race as fast as possible.
• Full online multiplayer: F1 2010 includes extensive online multiplayer options. Take on your friends and the rest of the world in a range of race modes.
• EGO powered F1: Developed on the EGO Game Technology platform, evolved from the award winning EGO engine, Codemasters' game designers have realized their creative visions featuring cutting edge graphics, powerful A.I., advanced physics systems, and integrated network play.
OPM UK - 9/10
"What it all adds up to is a sense of danger (and exhilaration) that's greater than we've seen in the genre before."
"It's one of the most terrifying and intense racers ever made."
GameMaster - 9/10
"Attending press conferences and interviews, exploring the paddock area and in-team competition between drivers makes [F1 2010] one of the first F1 games to make players feel like a driver rather than a car."
Codemasters is back again with what is shaping up to be an exceptional F1 racer. I usually play racers in 3rd person/close camera mode, but the 1st person helmet cam in this game simply demands attention (see second video). I think it helps a lot that there's no roof obscuring view and the low-set seat makes you feel like you're racing at supersonic speeds.
Codies is on a roll with racers this gen and I can not wait to get my hands on F1!