League Of Legends Catch All

I try to regularly buy a sightstone as a jungler now to just keep the other buffs counter warded and to help out in lanes that need it. But nothing frustrates me more than a top that pushes hard and doesn't ward at all, gets ganked and then loses the lane to a snowball champ. It really makes me like the flask, pots, ward start in almost every lane.

I might start buying it more often. As a tank, that health is not insignificant (1300 gold gets you 300 more health). I have started to really like that quick, big, boost in health when I support with a tank.

Jow wrote:

i actually still have a couple of the videos from when Complex and PivotWizard were still casting our customs saved locally... amusing to watch once in a while and it's pretty cool seeing your name "in lights".

If our customs didn't end in people storming off i'd love to see some people casting gwj'er games. Maybe a gwj commentated ARAM? Just no fuzzball aram smurf accounts.

I forgot who it was that used to do it, but i remember watching a jungler that used to stream and would buy three ruby crystals. Turn one into heart of gold (RIP), one into kindlegem and one towards something else. I assume you could do the same if you were still building a shurelya's and a ruby sightstone. Maybe the last piece of a warmogs? Doesn't spirit visage actually use a kindle now as well?

Probably an Aegis.

Spirit Visage always had a kindle gem, the change was to the MR portion. It used to be a kindle gem and a Null-Magic Mantle, Now it's gem and Negatron cloak, and possibly a bit more in combination costs. While I like having more MR on it, I kinda miss being able to pick up a cheap early Spirit Visage on my top lane Warwick.

I've been testing Mundo in the jungle, rating his gold at 4:00 as a measure of clear speed. The fastest is Elixir of Fortitude + 6 pots, giving you 640 gold (+/- 10) and 1 pot left at the mark. Next up is the Hunter's Machete followed by Cloth Armor, at 630 and 620 (+/- 10) respectively. None of the other combinations are anywhere close. The latter two are better as while you've got a bit less gold, the EoF goes away while the others give you 300 in itemization. Though you are a bit better prepped for a gank with the EoF, as you've got over a minute left of it, a pot, and you can go cleaver someone right quick before the buff wears off. In all three situations you end up with around 200 health, and and about to hit the wolf camp the second time. The clear speed boost from the HM isn't really meaningful.

Testing did positively confirm it works on Mundo's W, increasing damage by 10% per second. I was talking with someone about that, maybe here, and we couldn't remember.

Route is wraiths > red(smite) > 2golems > wraiths > wolves >blue(smite) >wraiths >(4:00) >wolves for the curious.

Refunded my first champ today - I literally cannot do anything with Nami for some reason. She feels incredibly one-dimensional to me (ult rules, everything else?), is incredibly mana-intensive, etc. Meh.

Huh, I feel the exact opposite on her abilities. Her sustain and stun are really good if you land them right but I feel her ult is super underwhelming even when it lands (which is rarely does)

I think her cooldowns are way too long on most of her abilities, and her heal is a bit unpredictable for the CD/mana cost.

that and the speed buff seems nice but it is not all that much. I was kinda hoping it would have more umf to it.

I think she's mostly fine. Her two biggest downsides are her lack of wave clear and her ult being sooooo slow. Not only does the wave move slowly but it has a significant casting delay as well. I also have a minor gripe with her E in that it's just a boring ability.

She's a beast in the laning phase. Her W alone means she will win exchanges 95% of the time, and it's good for just single target healing.

If I had to make changes I would let her W affect creeps when the initial cast is targeted on a creep, and I would speed up her ult in some way (either wave move speed or making casting quicker).

Yeah, e is pretty lackluster and an unexciting ability to use, other than for speeding up an ally for a second or two. Q is awesome, but it's one of the most difficult skill shots to hit in the game. IMO her best ability is W, but I feel like it's overcosted for what it does. Her ult doesn't do a ton of damage, but the knockup can usually be followed up by an almost-guaranteed Q, which keeps someone locked down for quite a while. Also, what KG said: really long cooldowns makes her feel like Morgana but with significantly less utility and punch. Add in that she's extremely squishy and... I don't feel like there's a single thing she does that the other supports don't do better.

Thought I would stop lurking and make an account on the forums.

Shynex wrote:

Thought I would stop lurking and make an account on the forums.

Once we got Black Raven (aka Nights the Impotent Pirate), it was only a matter of time. Welcome to the club. Be sure to aggressively agree with everyone and hassle Complex about his life decisions.

Squee9 wrote:
Shynex wrote:

Thought I would stop lurking and make an account on the forums.

Once we got Black Raven (aka Nights the Impotent Pirate), it was only a matter of time. Welcome to the club. Be sure to aggressively agree with everyone and hassle Complex about his life decisions.

Which are hilarious.

snowballing in top lane seems like even worse in S3 than it used to be. Played 2 games over the weekend, one as Vlad vs. Pantheon and another as Fiora vs. Khazix... Started off 0-4 as Vlad but turned it around and finished 4-5 in a win where my teammates took up the slack. Didn't go nearly as well with Fiora as I got sucked into a fight when I was just barely shy of level 6 and ended up losing by a hair w/o my ult. From then on I couldn't do anything besides try to farm at tower and died several more times trying to fight back... finished 0-5. Ugh. There's a reason I don't play bruisers very often.

Jow wrote:

snowballing in top lane seems like even worse in S3 than it used to be. Played 2 games over the weekend, one as Vlad vs. Pantheon and another as Fiora vs. Khazix... Started off 0-4 as Vlad but turned it around and finished 4-5 in a win where my teammates took up the slack. Didn't go nearly as well with Fiora as I got sucked into a fight when I was just barely shy of level 6 and ended up losing by a hair w/o my ult. From then on I couldn't do anything besides try to farm at tower and died several more times trying to fight back... finished 0-5. Ugh. There's a reason I don't play bruisers very often.

Isn't that mostly a Khazix? Seems like once a snowball starts for him it is impossible to stop it.

Yeah, that's a lot of it, and this was my first time playing Fiora on SR (I've had a lot of success with her on Treeline)... the perils of blind pick.

Kha was being played in full force in the S3 qualifiers this weekend. Nerfs inc fo sho.

I am not sure if single lane snowballing is the big issue. If you are getting rolled on top, or on the bottom, or in the middle, there is fluidity there.

Your jungler, or your mid should be available to get you help. But if you are getting rolled on top, and your jungler is being counter jungled well, or the bottom lane is just getting rocked by the carry, help is not likely there. But that also means your team is losing 2 key battles there. I think your best chance for help top is from the AP mid. Likely your top opponent is not focussing MR (unless you are top Solo with Mord or your Jungle is Ammu), so early on your best hope is for the mid to do some melting. The mid is also the one that can most easily leave the lane early without too much damage to the tower because the AP compliment in the mid is not doing serious enough damage to the tower to lose it too fast-or the jungle can cover briefly.

I firmly believe most snowballing problems are from people thinking that at the laning phase people must be locked in, with only the jungler floating around a bit. Early and easy tower diving is part of it, but assistance should not be so rare. Sometimes you are matched against a champ that just has your number and the team needs to puck up that slack.

Sejuani.

hahahahahahahahaha.

Fun(ny)

My vote for best S3 Jungler.

I have yet to see her played well. She is almost on my list of champions I will not play on a team with in public. It is not as bad as the person who gets in room first, and locks Ez, to be sure. But all I ever see is that little pigy feeding.

KingGorilla wrote:

I have yet to see her played well. She is almost on my list of champions I will not play on a team with in public. It is not as bad as the person who gets in room first, and locks Ez, to be sure. But all I ever see is that little pigy feeding.

No Gorilla validation required:P

oilypenguin wrote:
Squee9 wrote:
Shynex wrote:

Thought I would stop lurking and make an account on the forums.

Once we got Black Raven (aka Nights the Impotent Pirate), it was only a matter of time. Welcome to the club. Be sure to aggressively agree with everyone and hassle Complex about his life decisions.

Which are hilarious.

Yarr ima pirate?

Fuzzballx wrote:
KingGorilla wrote:

I have yet to see her played well. She is almost on my list of champions I will not play on a team with in public. It is not as bad as the person who gets in room first, and locks Ez, to be sure. But all I ever see is that little pigy feeding.

No Gorilla validation required:P

They don't call him Kage's lucky pick for nothing.

psoplayer wrote:

Kha was being played in full force in the S3 qualifiers this weekend. Nerfs inc fo sho.

I am glad that I chose to play the OP-of-the-month for a change, because I can't recall ever having so much fun with LoL, and the nerfs will surely appear very soon. He's like a Darius for mid lane--you hit critical mass and suddenly there's just no counter play for you any more. And unlike big D, he doesn't fall off later.

He chases like a banshee and he's incredibly slippery during fights. The one assassin that can actually get in, kill, and get out.

Then he can do it again.

also, favorite moments from yesterday's games (not necessarily in order):

1) Dyni's Sejuani being called a 'f*cking pig bitch' by an angry someone.
2) Fuzz having such a good time playing Sejuani that he began giggling uncontrollably and could not stop.

Honorable mention:

Enemy Ez taking half the team out, only to have 99%-dead Sona (by Rabbit!) swoop in and finish him off for the ace.

You just made me crack up at work all over again and choke on my coke, Jow:P

That was hilarious yesterday when Draven raged at Sejuani in all chat.

If only lolreplay recorded our voice chat as well....it would be so much funnier to post a vid of the antics.

I'm pretty sure i can come up with a good montage of Dyni and I's sej ganks + the Sona double kill later though.

Squee9 wrote:
Shynex wrote:

Thought I would stop lurking and make an account on the forums.

Once we got Black Raven (aka Nights the Impotent Pirate), it was only a matter of time. Welcome to the club. Be sure to aggressively agree with everyone and hassle Complex about his life decisions.

wait, am I suppose to make life decisions? I thought those just happen to you!

You can record Vent sessions.